PDA

View Full Version : I would if I could figure it out!

JMCarrigan
02-11-2007, 10:54 PM
I have a message that reads: "Hello JMCarrigan it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums? "

I'm having a hard time figuring this forum thing out. For instance, I just plopped this message down the first place I could find.

I'm trying to be a good forum guy.

Heh heh hhhhuh?

Andyjaggy
02-12-2007, 08:29 AM
I've gone months without posting and never gotten a message like that. Interesting. I noticed your from Newport. I love that place. I'm a big fan of the North West.

mj418
02-12-2007, 10:31 AM
Yeah, I got one of those too, a couple months ago. Made me feel bad, real bad, like I too wasn't being a "good forum guy". :D

toby
02-12-2007, 07:47 PM
I'm sure it's just to weed out bastard spam accounts and people/machines that just come here to post ads or something like that.

JMCarrigan
02-13-2007, 08:08 AM
Thanks for the reply's. Live in Newport now, born in Memphis. But seriously (heh heh) I first signed up to this forum when I retired in 2003 and was asking people what a good Lightwave machine would be. Couldn't figure it out then either - the forum. I even couldn't get back in recently and had to sign up all over - only to find Gideon's Bible... wait, only to find my old posts. I thought, what a waste of server space. Anywho, this last build of 9.2 is the most stable so far. Oddly it crashed this a.m. after rendering all night, AFTER I shut it down. Wierd.

toby
02-13-2007, 10:30 AM
That's true too, this forum can be phorked up. I've never liked vBulletin.

JMCarrigan
02-13-2007, 11:15 PM
VBulletin? What the hey is VBulletin? Since I'm here and before I start my nightly render or re-render, I may as well look around. Maybe I'll find VBulletin.

toby
02-13-2007, 11:53 PM
...vBulletin is the software, and servers I'm guessing, of this forum.

Sorry, I tried to come up with a fictional character, but failed miserably -

paulhart
02-14-2007, 04:00 PM
I too have received the verbal "slap on the wrist" and am making use of your post to relieve my condition.
Paul

hrgiger
02-14-2007, 04:04 PM
Gee. I wonder why I have never recieved such a message....

Lightwolf
02-14-2007, 04:19 PM
Gee. I wonder why I have never recieved such a message....
Probably because you spend even more time posting here than I do ;)

Cheers,
Mike

JMCarrigan
02-15-2007, 09:55 AM
Now I know one of the reasons I don't post things much: I'm too busy working. Not working. I don't work. Playing. I'm too busy playing.

Hmm. I better make a "real" avatar - especially since I quit smoking since that photo. This past New Year's Eve actually.

A L L L L L L L L L L L right then.