PDA

View Full Version : Color difference in flash

Sarford
02-11-2007, 03:07 PM
Hi,

Maybe not the question to ask here but here it goes.
I'm working on this flash project. I rendered a animation to put ontop of a background in flash.

As you can see in the picture I have severe color differences. But I don't know where they come from. Both the background as the foreground are from the same scene, rendered with the same settings on the same machine.

The forground was a psd-sequence with I stiched together in Shake, along with with putting the same backgound in, but no color adjusting of any sort.

Yet when I both load them in flash I get these weird color differences...

Anyone have any idears?

regards, Simon

toby
02-12-2007, 12:12 AM
Maybe one of those color space things? Is Shake set to linear color?

Sarford
02-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Hi Toby,

Yep same linear colorspace. I had another strange thing though, I rendered the foreground as a complete picture, with background and all, as a 32 bit psd file. But to get a good alpha I set the alpha of the background object (limbo) to constand value of 0. When the frames rendered I could see the background also being rendered (in the rendering preview), but when I opened the files in Shake, the background was gone. Also when I opened the files in Photoshop... O_o very strange.

Im gonna solve the color difference by taking one frame of the sequence and use it as background. I'm cropping the foreground wide enough to obscure the pupet totaly so thats a solution. Color difference still puzzles me though...

toby
02-12-2007, 06:33 PM
Hi Toby,

Yep same linear colorspace. I had another strange thing though, I rendered the foreground as a complete picture, with background and all, as a 32 bit psd file. But to get a good alpha I set the alpha of the background object (limbo) to constand value of 0. When the frames rendered I could see the background also being rendered (in the rendering preview), but when I opened the files in Shake, the background was gone. Also when I opened the files in Photoshop... O_o very strange.
I've seen that before, with 32bit pngs as well. That's when the image is interpreted as 'premultiplied' ( I think ), which you can turn off in After Effects, and probably in Shake somewhere too -

Andyjaggy
02-12-2007, 07:54 PM
I have run into this problem with images, but not animation. If you don't use the SRGB color space then flash will display the colors differently. Usually less saturated in my experience.

Sarford
02-13-2007, 02:57 AM
@Toby: Sounds reasonable but shoudn't you see the background in Photoshop then? I don't believe Photoshop looks at images as premultiplied. In Photoshop the background is realy gone, as in not there. Maybe its a LW thing, maybe LW thinks: If you don't want that object in your alpha you don't want it in your picture aswel.
I've run into some premultiplied/predivide problems whith LW images in shake aswel. If I predivide images in Shake (assuming LW images are premultiplied), the outcome is not what I would expect. But I have to admid that I don't have much experience yet with this subject matter.

@Andy: That could be the problem, Ill look into that solution, thanks pal.

toby
02-13-2007, 10:27 AM
There's some formats that do show up like that in photoshop. If you load that image into LW you'll see the background.