PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Bevel

Surrealist.
02-11-2007, 02:01 PM
Anybody get a reverse bevel?

Example is the bevel tool but the same thing happens with the multishift tool or any similar tool such as extender etc. on the poly(s) in question.

No 2 point polys
No nonplanars
No duplicated points or polys
no difference which way it is flipped
No difference which way poly was created.

Poly created with pen tool, then, b for bevel left drag and the poly goes outward not inward. Rightdrag brings it in but of this is not right. The outside polys are flipped and not surprisingly Add Edges tool fails even if I use this and flip the outer polys.

Even switching to "outer" is pointless as it just creates an overlapped poly trying to bring it in and the opposite proplem occurs with the fliped polys if I try and bevel out - again mouse directions are reversed.

I even tried to kill the poly and reselct the points by hand. Same thing. Only soltion is to create another poly.

Just plain fubar. How is that possible?

Anybody ever get this?

It has happened more than a couple of times lately. - V.9

Picture is a right drag - should be left.

Dave Jerrard
02-12-2007, 03:27 AM
Actually, I just had that happen last night. I had one paolygon in my object that refused to bevel correctly,even after remaking it. No doubled points, not concave sided, nothing weird, and yet, this thing would just not work right. Also, while working on the model, that polygon would frequently flip directions. I have no idea what was going on with it. I haven't seen that before, or since now.

He Who Is On Two Hours Of Sleep And A Lot Of Caffeine.

Surrealist.
02-12-2007, 10:34 AM
I guess we can chalk this up as one of those FUBAR do-overs. It happened again after posting - I have been modeling a lot lately - and all I could do was just create another poly. Strange, but I guess it happens. Must be the point data gets corrupt somehow. I am not a programmer, but I think you know what I am talking about in more technical terms; something to do with how the point info is stored (point order perhaps?). In any case, it happens - a lot.

Dave Jerrard
02-12-2007, 11:26 AM
It's probably something to do with the recent changes in Modeler code. Which is actually a good thing. It shows that some work is being done in Modeler, or that some things are being ripped out of it. Anyone notice the Modeling_Pack plugin? Sounds like they're starting to rip of the road so they can improve it.

He Who Fully Expects A Few Bumps In The Construction Zone, Er, Beta.

Surrealist.
02-12-2007, 05:29 PM
Agreed! :thumbsup:

No I didn't notice that. What is it?

BTW I got out of one! :D

I cut and pasted the poly by accident - solved the reverse bevel!