Uuuuuuuhhhmmm, yeah, where to start...?

It's not real?
It was a robot?
It wasn't even a real robot?
Are people serious?

I don't get it.

Nicolas Jordan
02-09-2007, 06:17 PM
:agree: I thought this advert was actually funny once it got to the end and the robot realized he was only dreaming. Some people take things to seriously. I think it delivered the message that it was designed to deliver unless of course you are one of these people that seem to be offended by almost anything. Anyone who actually calls GM to complain about this ad has a few screws loose in my opinion.

Defiance
02-09-2007, 07:26 PM
For people with depression and suicidal tendencies, any mentioning of suicide can serve as a trigger for their own suicidal thoughts. Given that depression is a real illness, you should understand that there are concerns with something like this.

MooseDog
02-10-2007, 05:45 AM
my entire day, from the morning dump to the evening's toothbrushing, is potentially lethally offensive to someone. i can't spend every waking moment trying not to offend.

which is not being oblivious or deliberatly offensive, just rational and reasonable in how i manage my time, resources and thoughts and attentions.

complaining about an advertisement to buy a car is not a rational and reasonable effort to help those truly in need.

my 2cents.

DiedonD
02-10-2007, 07:05 AM
Since anything can happen at all times, then there should be a fan site about the adv, and compared to the complain site numbers, and come out with a reasonable say on this issue. And since somehow always the negative gets mentioned on the news more or less, then this site on itself can be a technique over the matter.

Bog
02-10-2007, 08:58 AM
Oh my word.

I watched this ad with growing sadness and anger. At first I felt so sorry for the robot that I became upset and was angry at the company for making me sad, and then I was angry that they would actually depict a suicide attempt in a commercial for cars. I confess I was SO upset by the end that I didn't understand for sure that it was a dream and had no idea which auto maker ran the ad.

Erm. If an advert about a factory robot can do this to someone, then how the heck do they get through a typical day without opening a vein? You get far, far worst just in the first page of a typical newspaper.

Good lord, is there something wrong with these people? *checks* Oh, yeah - they're mentally ill to start with. That'd explain it.

Captain Obvious
02-10-2007, 09:15 AM
Oh, wow. :rolleyes:

iconoclasty
02-10-2007, 12:32 PM
Can I suggest a co-op project to redo the GM ad with a new ending where the robot picks up a razor and violently slashes his hydrolic line and sprays red fluid all over the factory floor?
Anyone interested? Anyone?

Bog
02-10-2007, 12:55 PM
HAAAAAAAAAAhahahhahahahahaaaaa.....!

Iconoclasty for the win!

Speedmonk42
02-10-2007, 02:00 PM
Actually suicide falls into a somewhat different kind of offense category.

It isn't offensive the usual sense. It is brutally irresponsible.

There is a reason suicides are rarely covered in the news. The correlation between increased suicide rates and even the most casual coverage is pretty rock solid.

Showing someone saw peoples heads off may be offensive to some people, but it doesn't make people go out and do it. Suicide is a different story, and should be treated very differently.

I am not even commenting on the ad, because I have not seen it, just trying to point out this social phenom.

borkus
02-10-2007, 02:04 PM
man, almost makes we want to throw up that we have to be so careful of other peoples feelings so much. don't get me wrong, i always try to be polite and mindful of others, but this is getting rediculous. look at the court cases someday. so of them are based only on the "victims" feelings being hurt. all it basically boils down to is that certain people need something to complain about at all times. whatever happened to just "dropping your shoulders and getting it done" if an ad about a imaginary mechanical robot deciding to pull the plug can have such an impact, it's a good sign that we are heading in the wrong direction as far as being civilised. working with the current young generation, they all have it hard wired into them with all this mushy non-sensical thought pattern. and they don't want to work either. if it doesn't have an xbox controller hooked to it, they want nothing to do with it. lazy s.o.b.s!!! allright, i'm done ranting. just got home from work and had an abundance of steam.

Captain Obvious
02-10-2007, 02:07 PM
Actually suicide falls into a somewhat different kind of offense category.

It isn't offensive the usual sense. It is brutally irresponsible.

There is a reason suicides are rarely covered in the news. The correlation between increased suicide rates and even the most casual coverage is pretty rock solid.

Showing someone saw peoples heads off may be offensive to some people, but it doesn't make people go out and do it. Suicide is a different story, and should be treated very differently.

I am not even commenting on the ad, because I have not seen it, just trying to point out this social phenom.
If seeing a GM ad featuring a dream sequence of a machine "killing itself" make people do themselves in, I say good riddance.

Celshader
02-10-2007, 02:15 PM
man, almost makes we want to throw up that we have to be so careful of other peoples feelings so much.

For what it's worth, folks didn't mind suicide jokes so much in the past. Proof:
Mickey Mouse Trying to Commit Suicide (http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Easel/4942/03.htm)

Those strips were published in 1930, though. Suicide rates were already rising then because of the Great Depression (http://www.nps.gov/archive/elro/glossary/great-depression.htm).

Bog
02-10-2007, 02:17 PM
If seeing a GM ad featuring a dream sequence of a machine "killing itself" make people do themselves in, I say good riddance.

Maybe not "Good riddance" as much as "Gee, it's really sad that this person was so fragile and broken inside that a rendered robot arm falling into a river is enough to make them top themselves".

However, this is still a million miles from taking any kind of official action. Sweet Baby Jeebus, it's apalling how people will go on!

Suicide. It sucks. It's the worst place any person can ever find themselves in, and convinced that there's no way out. It's a hideous and terrible thing. Howver, the fact that more people on the UK are on anti-depressant than the total number of voters for "Pop Idol" is worse. The fact that our world sucks so badly for so many people is Really Bad Juju. However - and this really is the kicker for me - the fact that people will rise up and wail about a freakin' robot arm jumping in the drink is enough to drive a person to drink.

Mental illness is a terrible thing, it's true. But there must be a finite amount of control one lets this sort of thing have over one's life because, erm - it's being told what to do by someone who's mentally unwell.. That's not a thing that ever makes any kind of sense.

Long story short: Anyone who's so damaged and desperate as to take their own life because of robot arm did should not be watching television in the first place, and that's not the responsibility of the people who did the ad, it's not the responsibility of the people who comissioned the ad, and it's not the responsibility of the people who did the Superbowl media buy. It's the responsibility of said mental patient's carer.

If we have to pad the walls of the whole universe so everything's "safe" for everybody, then we'll never get anything done. The majority of the planet - including Superbowl advert spot airtime - needs to be for responsible adults with at least a nominal grip on reality. If for no other reason than the purely democratic - there are more people who can convincingly fake "being normal" than there are people who can't. Heck, even I can manage it on a good day, it ain't THAT hard!

Gah. Sorry, I'm getting ranty again.... it's just the whole "I saw a bad thing and it scared me!" makes me twitch hugely and reach for Mr. Stabby the Pointy Stick. The fact that I think the ad's complete tosh and won't sell a single car is neither here nor their. Gorram nannyists. Grump. Etc.

Bog
02-10-2007, 02:19 PM
Jen:

Bunnies who don't want to live anymore (http://www.flickr.com/photos/enet/sets/574650/)

borkus
02-10-2007, 02:27 PM
way too funny!!! in an abstract way of course

hrgiger
02-10-2007, 02:28 PM

That sums it up for me. This herd really needs thinned people.

geothefaust
02-11-2007, 01:06 AM
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious

That sums it up for me. This herd really needs thinned people.

I couldn't agree more with this sentiment.

...And the commercial is pretty funny.

JVitale
02-11-2007, 01:32 AM
to paraphrase Jon Stewart from The Daily Show

"If they want to complain to GM, why don't they complaint about the 30,000 non-robots it recently laid off!!!"

I couldn't agree more...

Martin Adams
02-11-2007, 04:41 AM
As far as adverts go, I think it has some great story telling.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3NGN4t4hm4

I guess I'm being somewhat hypercritical because about a year ago there was a car ad (CG-cartoon style), where it was driving on the open deserted roads and passes a gas station. But since it was a diesel it didn't need to fill up and drove past. Only the thing is, if they had filled up, they would have been welcomed by a texas-chainsaw-massacre style character holding a chainsaw and mask.

I dunno why, but that ad just felt off. I just felt it was wrong to advertise around the subject of torture and missery. But, then, why do I like the GM ad! I dunno.

Qexit
02-11-2007, 05:13 AM
Some adverts do cross lines they shouldn't. Companies do it deliberately to get additional free advertising from the ensuing media coverage. The clothing company Benetton ran a series of disturbing poster ads here, including a new -born baby before it was washed (think covered in after-birth and crying), an oil-soaked seabird and a blazing car in a run down street (posted in Toxteth a couple of weeks after street rioting had lead to serious injuries and several burned out cars). In the UK a few years ago that generated a huge amount of publicity for them. I will never ever knowingly buy a Benetton product as a result.

I actually complained to the appropriate authority over one here in the UK a couple of years ago. A company famous for making cakes had a squeaky clean image that they decided to try and change. One advert had Mr K***ing get rid of an annoying dog by throwing a stick into a river near a dangerous waterfall which it jumped in after. The really bad bit of the advert was the exchange between the 'distraught' little boy and his mother:

Boy: Mr Kipling just drowned rusty (name of dog changed 'cos I can't remember the original)

Mum: Oh that's alright dear...He does make exceedingly good cakes.

This went out during kids TV. I thought that telling kids it was alright to illtreat pets if you can do somethng nice as well was highly inappropriate. Maybe I was over-reacting, but the ad did disappear not too long after.

I wont go into all the problems that the Tango adverts have caused for schoolkids in recent years but it includes burst eardrums and increased levels of bullying at schools.

Companies do need to be more responsible about their advertising campaigns.

Dirk
02-11-2007, 08:44 AM
The Ad makes me feel uneasy because of two things:

- I wouldn't want to work in an environment where somebody is fired because of making a minor mistake (after all, the screw didn't drop into the reactor of a nuclear power plant). Look at the faces of the human workers. That in the end it was just a dream doesn't make it better in my opinion. How many people would GM fire every day if they would fire people because of a dropped screw?

- I do not like robots with emotions. It's ok if they are cartoon characters or bada$$es or R2D2, but if they become too "real", I always think robots with emotions are a pretty bad idea. The people in Spielbergs "A.I." did the right thing when they burned those emotion-simulating robots... "Bicentennial Man" and "I, Robot" are silly for the same reason.

The suicide the would be "ok" if the whole Ad would be more funny, but it isn't.

The CG is perfect, though.

Martin Adams
02-11-2007, 05:53 PM
I wont go into all the problems that the Tango adverts have caused for schoolkids in recent years but it includes burst eardrums and increased levels of bullying at schools.

I'm sure those original ads contributed to "happy slapping", only now kids have cameras on their phones to record it.

prospector
02-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Companies do need to be more responsible about their advertising campaigns.

Companies???

Why do we need advertisers or mfgrs to put little tags on products or in ads that say stuff like;

do not use hair dryer in shower or baths
and the newest on TV....cars can't drive on 2 wheels on building ledges

when do people take responsability????

Yep the herd needs thinning. Remove all tags and fineprint. If you can't logically figure it out, then begone with you.

Nicolas Jordan
02-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Yep the herd needs thinning. Remove all tags and fineprint. If you can't logically figure it out, then begone with you.

Yes, let natural selection take it's course. :)

DiedonD
02-12-2007, 12:25 AM
Thats just rediculus. This sounds like a Nazzi thing. Let only the strongest survive, and lets execute the weaker ones. And then theres a definition problem of "WEAK" , and sooner or later we'll be killing each other off.

And natural selection IS AMONG SPECIES for crying out laud!!!!

Bog
02-12-2007, 03:47 AM
Thats just rediculus. This sounds like a Nazzi thing. Let only the strongest survive, and lets execute the weaker ones. And then theres a definition problem of "WEAK" , and sooner or later we'll be killing each other off.

And natural selection IS AMONG SPECIES for crying out laud!!!!

I have no idea where the nazi connection comes from in this, diedond old stick. There's a world of difference between saying "If someone removes themselves from this mortal coil, then that's just nature at work" and sewing a Swastika to one's jim-jams and shouting "The weak must perish!"

DiedonD
02-12-2007, 04:22 AM
Bog, I shoulda quoted Prospectors and others say that "Yep the herd needs thinning. Remove all tags and fineprint. If you can't logically figure it out, then begone with you." . And by that they mean that the herd, which us, humans, need thining. And thus they should do the thining, on grounds of "Unable to logicaly figure out certain things". Which of course its not grounds at all. And furthermore, theres natural selection involved in it. Like in the thining process, cause you know, nobody would just sit there and let you thin'em, and there sure as heck be retaliations, and then the natural selection of who thins the other herd quicker plays out. Which we would end up killing each other, over nothing basically.

Thats what I meant, regarding the "Lets thin some" and "While we are thining human herd, lets see whose stronger, and let natural selection take its tall" ideas. Which in turn are pretty Nazzi like, wouldnt you agree?

Bog
02-12-2007, 04:35 AM
Mmm.

*scratches chin*

Not so much in honesty, diedond - I can see where you're coming from I guess, but the sentiment I'm picking up here is far more along the lines of "Let's remove all the warning labels and let them thin themselves out". Now admittedly, that's a pretty cold-blooded sounding thing on the face of it. Personally, I'm seeing it more as a jokey, frustrated cry from 'em, but it's a million miles from saying "Let's get out there with the storm-troopers, and anyone who can stand up to us gets to live".

To be honest, my own sense of loving-kindness gets ablated sometimes by the incessent calls for padding and safety rails to be put on absolutely every aspect of existance.

Here's a thing: If anyone could find themselves moved to commit suicide by watching a factory robot - even a convincingly rendered one - chuck itself in the river, then they should not be watching television in the first place. To say "You shouldn't do things like this on television!" is just another layer of being told what to do by people who're dangerously incompetent in the first place. It's like the warnings on coffee mugs. "Contents hot!" What, really? Who knew?

To my mind, part of it is the "Victim Lawsuit" problem - so many people are constantly watching for an excuse to take a company to court and hopefully score a few million for "Undue Distress" because a cartoon hedgehog got squished or something that my empathy glands give up in disgust.

Another part of it is the human urge to tell other people what to do all the time - you can't do this, it's upsetting. You can't do that, it's offensive.

So consequently, I think the occasional outburst of "Remove all the warning labels!" is fair play.

Nazism was about the active and deliberate focus of hatred and fear into violent aggression, the oppression of specific groups, and about power, greed and the worst of human nature. Their whole "Master Race" line of crap was exactly that - unscientific bollocks that would have had Darwin batting the nearest Gruppenfuerher over the kopf with a copy of The Origin of the Species faster than you can say "Recessive Allele".

Labelling any comments about Darwin, natural selection, or warning labels as nazism is both unfair to the poster - who in no way is suggesting that "the herd" be thinned by forcing them at gunpoint into gas chambers - and a belittling of the true horror of the Holocaust.

Sorry to get all heavy on you mate, but I really do believe what I'm saying here.

Matt
02-12-2007, 05:14 AM
I just posted this comment on the Bipolar.about site ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I suffer greatly from Bipolar disorder, not only did the ad make me cry, but I had dreams of Johnny 5 from the popular 80's film Short Circuit for days.

But instead of saying his well-quoted line "Stephanie, change colour!" He would say, "Stephanie, please slit my hydraulic cables, my hands are simplistic mechanical devices, I do not have the dexterity to end my own life."

How can I stop these nightmares, please, help me!

If they don't see the funny side in that then there's no helping anyone!

(Apologies if I upset any bipolar sufferers. Actually, nah, I couldn't care less actually!)

Have a nice day!

DiedonD
02-12-2007, 05:44 AM
Mmm.

*scratches chin*

1) Not so much in honesty, diedond - I can see where you're coming from I guess, but the sentiment I'm picking up here is far more along the lines of "Let's remove all the warning labels and let them thin themselves out". Now admittedly, that's a pretty cold-blooded sounding thing on the face of it. Personally, I'm seeing it more as a jokey, frustrated cry from 'em, but it's a million miles from saying "Let's get out there with the storm-troopers, and anyone who can stand up to us gets to live".

2) To be honest, my own sense of loving-kindness gets ablated sometimes by the incessent calls for padding and safety rails to be put on absolutely every aspect of existance.

3) Here's a thing: If anyone could find themselves moved to commit suicide by watching a factory robot - even a convincingly rendered one - chuck itself in the river, then they should not be watching television in the first place. To say "You shouldn't do things like this on television!" is just another layer of being told what to do by people who're dangerously incompetent in the first place. It's like the warnings on coffee mugs. "Contents hot!" What, really? Who knew?

4) To my mind, part of it is the "Victim Lawsuit" problem - so many people are constantly watching for an excuse to take a company to court and hopefully score a few million for "Undue Distress" because a cartoon hedgehog got squished or something that my empathy glands give up in disgust.

5) Another part of it is the human urge to tell other people what to do all the time - you can't do this, it's upsetting. You can't do that, it's offensive.

6) So consequently, I think the occasional outburst of "Remove all the warning labels!" is fair play.

7) Nazism was about the active and deliberate focus of hatred and fear into violent aggression, the oppression of specific groups, and about power, greed and the worst of human nature. Their whole "Master Race" line of crap was exactly that - unscientific bollocks that would have had Darwin batting the nearest Gruppenfuerher over the kopf with a copy of The Origin of the Species faster than you can say "Recessive Allele".

8) Labelling any comments about Darwin, natural selection, or warning labels as nazism is both unfair to the poster - who in no way is suggesting that "the herd" be thinned by forcing them at gunpoint into gas chambers - and a belittling of the true horror of the Holocaust.

9) Sorry to get all heavy on you mate, but I really do believe what I'm saying here.

Ok, I had to read that several times to answer it rightly, and Ive put numbers for adequate response, if you dont mind. So... Shall we:

1) This one is a perceptive issue. So you see it as a joke, and I, maybe because I come from war and know a bit more regarding some (I wont mention names), have another perception. That they indeed wish to storm the weak away. Like Nazis. And I on the other end can see where you are coming from, with seeing a joke in it. Lucky you :) .

2) You mean your love kindness gets removed by others calls for safety all the time? Sorry to hear that. But what can you do about it. Theres diversion among people. And theres a normal distribution statistically about everything. So theres loving, caring, opened up people, free, with no worry about safety in the world, and theres a more gray area then , theres safety searchers, that almost never show of their soft side, if they have any. But beeing constantly effected by the darker area, may mean that perhaps theres more of the darker area people than the whiter area people. And if so, cause I dont know, perhaps theres a reason for the more people of darker area to be so in the first place. But, I wouldnt remove your love and kindness regardless what what they say Bog old pall. Be who you are all the way, you know.

3) Agreed. Though I hope your not implying that Im dangerously incompetent. Cause I never stop any form of art.

4) Yes, that may be so in this case. Who knows.

5) Well you know what they say "Theres all kind of fish in the sea"

6) Yes it is pretty fair, and an understandable response, among god knows how many all the time.

7) I always watch any documentary of any sort about Nazism, and overal history of Germany. I know what they were. And as I said, it may still apply to the "thining of herd worldwide" idea, that some wish, and you dont know about them.

8) With vagueness you dont ever know for sure what is beeing suggested, or implyed. All I see is "Thin herd (humans)" other then that, whats behind the scene, in the human mind is anybody's guess. Mine is more attached to the words that have been typed. "Thin herds" and thats it.

9) In no way you are heavy on me mate. No way at all. This is a decent phillosophical debate. The kind I use to have all the time back in high school. I even wanted to study philosophy. But what I dont like is, that this is just a show, and wont change anything. So if we are kinda telling each other who we are, and our issues and beleifs, and getting to know one another in public, then its pretty valuable, otherwise, if there are other interests of changing them issues, then its pretty pointless, and not worth the time and energy. I know cause Ive tried way too much. And it never works.

DiedonD
02-12-2007, 06:22 AM
I just posted this comment on the Bipolar.about site ...

I suffer greatly from Bipolar disorder, not only did the ad make me cry, but I had dreams of Johnny 5 from the popular 80's film Short Circuit for days.

But instead of saying his well-quoted line "Stephanie, change colour!" He would say, "Stephanie, please slit my hydraulic cables, my hands are simplistic mechanical devices, I do not have the dexterity to end my own life."

How can I stop these nightmares, please, help me!

If they don't see the funny side in that then there's no helping anyone!

(Apologies if I upset any bipolar sufferers. Actually, nah, I couldn't care less actually!)

Have a nice day!

First of Johny 5 is a great movie. If they were to make Johny 5 asking vieweres to do that it wouldve been sad indeed, and then this kind of a complain would be more at it. But this is me.

Well secondly, she wants help for nightmares? And she should go to a Psychiatrist. Because in Bipolar cases, only Lithium was prooved to work in psychotherapy. Theres no other way to take their attention whenever a reply from a psychotherapist may occur. They wont even sit without it.

Thirdly the bad thing about Bipolarity is that theu do see the fun things in anything. Moreover, thay may see the fun things more than you, or even more than us all. The problem is that, they shift to seeing only the bad sides after a while. And in some worse cases, they see both at once. Thei face is happy and sad at once. I dont know weather you can picture that. SMiling, with sad eyebrows :o but real, cause reality hurts and is joyful at the same time. Pretty chaotic. To the point that, im wondering why are their opinions so much overvalued. Perhaps theres a master mind behind them poor people. Beeing used for the master minds interests.

Lew
02-12-2007, 06:48 AM
Boy would I love to have time to get into this discussion, but work calls.

What it boils down to - for me - is this -

diedond, I'm willing to let you alone to do any thing you want to do to be safe. I just don't want to be that safe, and you are not willing to let me alone to be as risky as I want, you have to make me safe as well.

Any by the way, you can't have it both ways, either Darwin was right, and you have not leg to stand on, or you're right and there is someone else in charge.

Lew

DiedonD
02-12-2007, 07:33 AM
Boy would I love to have time to get into this discussion, but work calls.

What it boils down to - for me - is this -

1) diedond, I'm willing to let you alone to do any thing you want to do to be safe. I just don't want to be that safe, and you are not willing to let me alone to be as risky as I want, you have to make me safe as well.

2) Any by the way, you can't have it both ways, either Darwin was right, and you have not leg to stand on, or you're right and there is someone else in charge.

Lew

1) Amm apparently you really were in a hurry. But let me see here. Your willing to let me do what I want to be safe.... Hmmmm, I dont see weather Ive somehow implied that I dont feel safe to begin with, and I didnt know that what I have to do, needs your letting me do it, needs your consent.

You on the other hand dont want safety. As far as I understood. And you want to be risky. And you think that Im on your way somehow??? That I dont let you be risky. Why does your beeing has to be related with my consent? Not me, but who on earth can stop you from beeing who you are? I havent used any techniques of any sort for you to come to that conclusion, nor I would ever want to be in someone's selfulfillment.

And why do I HAVE to make you feel safe??? Isnt that suppose to be your doing???

2) Do clarify your point. Why do I have it both ways, regarding what? I said Darwin is right, but thats among species, not among a specie. Besides, your point seems contraversial in itself. If you dont have a leg to stand on, then someone else is in charge and does it for you already.

Anywho, I too am left with no time. Ill see you all tomorrow.

Speedmonk42
02-13-2007, 02:24 PM

Well like I said, I was not commenting on the ad, but just pointing out that suicide is a topic separate from regular 'offensive' things because unlike violent video games, or horror movies, people, for whatever reason actually do go out and do it.

So it does matter.

People rarely say...'gee I expected Dave to commit suicide this weekend'. So you never know.

This is a state people recover from.

Want to double? Triple? The suicide rate next week? Hire one PR company and give them a budget.

They can do it. But they can't make people cut other peoples heads off with chainsaws (if only they could).

Sure you should be able to say and do whatever you want. But it does come with responsibility.

Safe Harbor
02-18-2007, 07:34 AM
They redid the ad...

http://www.gm.com/company/onlygm/quality/index.html?cmp=RobotOLA_Branding

This one is a lot better, as far as being obvious what it's about and getting the point across. And of course not as depressing...

blondimage
02-18-2007, 12:03 PM
But, but... I really do think Mr Kipling does make exceedinly good cakes!!

Actually, I have a thing about bald, fat people - and it get's me done.

- every time I look in the mirror!

Is it prosac time already?

MiniFireDragon
02-19-2007, 11:31 AM
I guess people would get upset because they use TV to get away from real world issues, only to now be seeing those types of issues shown on TV... AaaaAHHHHHHH!!!!! No escape!

blondimage
02-19-2007, 12:03 PM
One hastey move on the remote and you could be watching East Enders instead of Desparate Housewives! Now that would get me down...

Bog
02-19-2007, 12:24 PM
One hastey move on the remote and you could be watching East Enders instead of Desparate Housewives! Now that would get me down...

Gahhhh... the other half watches that... I prefer something upbeat and cheerful like Gears of War, or Dead Rising.

That's not just a joke, I actually find both of those to be far more uplifting that East £*&£ing Enders. Talk about telly to slit yer wrists to... sheesh.

blondimage
02-19-2007, 12:40 PM
DeadEnders more like it! Cutting edge BBC - why I can remember when it first started with dirty Den an' all.

Isn't there a rumour of it coming off the tube in a few months?

Bog
02-19-2007, 12:44 PM
DeadEnders more like it! Cutting edge BBC - why I can remember when it first started with dirty Den an' all.

Strangely, I found pretty much anything to do with my Commodore 64 more interesting at the time. Including re-aligning the tape heads. ;)

blondimage
02-19-2007, 12:48 PM
You were LUCKY!