PDA

View Full Version : Saving a tab

Philbert
02-09-2007, 07:53 AM
To my knowledge there's no way of saving out just a tab, so that you could move it to another computer or save it for later. I have found where my User tab is in the config file, and could just copy/paste it out of there, but there doesn't seem to be a logical order to things in there when I want to put it back in. Has anyone tried this? Have any suggestions?

It just looks like this:
MenuEntry 2 . center_pivot
MenuEntry 0 .
MenuEntry 0 .
MenuEntry 1 "Bevel Edges"
MenuEntry 3 "Edge Bevel" tool$EdgeBevel
MenuEntry 0 .
MenuEntry 1 "Bevel Polygons"

Philbert
02-09-2007, 10:02 AM
Nevermind I found the answer. If you don't know you can open the menu editor (in 9.x) and right click the "highest" point of what you want to export an choose Export Branch. Then you can import it the same way.

Surrealist.
02-09-2007, 10:18 AM
There is a video on this. But I can't find it now. I amn sure you know right click in the edit menu config panel on the tab and choose, export/import branch. Bring up a file dialog and you can save and load branches.

However, I swear I saw Proton adding and saving the tab using this feature not just a branch in the tab. Maybe they removed the video. I don't know. It is a bit of a mystery.

Maybe what he did was saved/loaded a series of branches then created a new tab from that. That would be one way to do it anyway.

Surrealist.
02-09-2007, 10:21 AM
OK just sawy your post. I tried and could not make it import the branch as a tab. It kept loading it into an existing tab. I tried as many combinations and I could think of with no luck. The above is the best I could do.

Edit: nevermind I finally got it to work. :)

To import click on main menu or it will try and put it in the tab.