PDA

View Full Version : LW 9 build 998

jat
02-08-2007, 06:33 PM
I am getting some weird behavour when working with UV maps and morphs. When I delete a morph the original object shouldn't delete as well but it does and yes there are actual modifications to the morph and the file was saved. I make a morph of my base object and unweld some points, move stuff around etc and then do a uv map...and then once that's done it goes mental.........any thoughts?

gerry_g
02-09-2007, 06:01 AM
Did you delete the morph after doing the uv's and before you tried to do anything else, presence of morphs can upset things like trying to weald points for instance, I used the morph trick in Nine only the other day with no problem at all

jat
02-10-2007, 07:36 AM
I did exaclty that..........

gerry_g
02-10-2007, 12:44 PM
Are you sure that when U went to the Morph tab U actually selected 'New' from the dropdown tab and got the pop up dialogue box to generate a new morph instance and applied your changes to this and not the 'Base' morph ( which is your original object) and it was this you deleted after U made the uv's and not the 'Base' morph....... if this is not the case U need to supply more info, be more precise about 'Weird things'

gerry_g
02-10-2007, 01:05 PM
In addition did you press 'F8' to bring up the Vertex Map panel and toggle open the morph category to select the morph you wanted to delete and choose delete from the dropdown on the right hand side, if you simply did command/control x on screen you lose everything.

jat
02-10-2007, 02:06 PM
weird= I am getting crashes when doing this procedure........I make sure that the morph is generated and then I make sure the morph is selected for deletion after UV...

gerry_g
02-10-2007, 03:51 PM
Scratching head for solution, all works fine for me, I'm Mac based and my build just says 'LW9 Mac 32 bit' but I've not seen this problem flagged else where, is build 998 the standard Windows 32 bit or the 64 bit version. Either you have some sort of file or config corruption or your mesh has bad geometry or you have found a version specific bug

jat
02-10-2007, 07:37 PM
using a Mac........