PDA

View Full Version : Saving Options

vampi_sol
02-06-2007, 04:48 PM
Hi again,

Sorry I bother you all with my newbie questions, but I swear I try to find the answers on books and help first. This wonderful forum is my last resort (and the most reliable one too). Anyway, I'm trying to render and save a little scene I made. When I hit F10 LW tells me: "Auto Frame Advance is on but no saving options are active. Procede with Rendering?" So I hit "Yes" and LW says: "Auto Frame Advance is on. Turn off render display?" Wether I hit "Yes" or "No" I can't save it as a movie file. Could anybody please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you
Patricio

RudySchneider
02-06-2007, 05:35 PM
Patricio ---
Not to worry, any question worth pondering is worth an answer. Under the Render tab, click on Render Globals. Then, in the bottom-half of the dialog box that pops up, you'll see sevarl more tabs --- Render, Filtering, Global Illum, Output, and Mask. Click on the Output tab.

Once there, you'll see several more options --- Save Animation, Save RGB, Save Alpha. It's in these areas that you specify where you want to save your results and under what name to save it (them).

By the way, unless you've got a very short animation, I recommend saving as individual renders, and compositing them all into an animation afterwards. This alleviates the possibility of a program or computer crash, or some other complication that may interrupt your computer during animation renders.

Hope this helps...

vampi_sol
02-07-2007, 08:10 AM
Thank you so very much, this solves my problem.

Patricio