PDA

View Full Version : off topic: good model bank

tsoe.com
02-06-2007, 03:26 AM
looking for a new place for my LW-models, over 60 actual yachts and superyachts in high-end quality.
Heave been 2 years on turbosquid with them, but now they seperate vendor from models. So i went off.

Which model-banks are usefull for such top objects?
Where would you expect such things?

If you don't know them here is an overview:
http://www.tsoe.com/neu/yachts.htm

Beaker
02-06-2007, 09:37 AM
What do you mean "they separate vendor from models"?

starbase1
02-06-2007, 10:00 AM
I always thought the prices asked on Turbosquid for LW format objects was downright exhorbitant... (Not that I know what you were charging!) Have you considered exporting them to for a program that doesn't come with a modeler, such as Vue or Poser?

Andyjaggy
02-06-2007, 11:07 AM
I have sold some stuff on turbosquid, I am not sure what you mean by seperate the model from vendor? This is a little off topic but does anyone have experience with deep exploration? Supposedly it works pretty well for converting objects to different formats.

Sekhar
02-06-2007, 03:42 PM
I have Deep Exploration, and it's worked really well for me for conversions. It also converts from LW to Shockwave (without need for Dirctor) and Acrobat 3D (for inserting LW objects into PDF).

tsoe.com
02-07-2007, 02:33 AM
Usually (so their terms) you're free to decide wich models of what kind you offer there. My models were (are) solely.
For 2 years i only sold lw-format there and left my mailbox on the product-information-side, so the clients asked me directly for changes and other formats. Then i did that and billed that models by my own company with the same price as there. That worked well, they got a lot of money for the lw-ones and i had a bit more when doing changes.
Now they forced me to remove all my adresses from that presentations ore they would remove my objects. So i took them off and look for new markets to stay on my strategy.
Prices were between 100 and 400 $.