PDA

View Full Version : Record to Quicktime!

DrVideo
02-05-2007, 01:30 PM
Please add record to quicktime Dv.

This would add to my productivity by alowing me to directly import a qt file into Final Cut Pro 5.

The render to Dv Avi option is not a viable workflow.

Thanks!:agree:

billmi
03-25-2007, 10:47 AM
I believe it would be more efficient to try and get FCP to support the NT25 file format.

CLE
03-27-2007, 03:01 PM
A healthy amount of people use Final Cut Pro. Newtek makes it 99.9% inconvenient for Mac users to import footage into FCP.

Our tricasters are on the road and I receive hard-drives with NT25 AVIs on them. I cannot even 'prepare for VCR' because i dont have the Tricaster on site.

This problem needs to be solved very very very very soon.

It would be great to hear from someone at Newtek to let us know that they hear us and are working on rectifying this situation. I can't believe it's an issue that wouldn't be important.

DrVideo
04-03-2007, 11:38 AM
As a long time Newtek advocate and supporter since the Digi-View and Original Amiga 2000 Video Toaster,
(I still remember the original spokeswoman: Laura Longfellow)

I would respectfully ask someone from the Tricaster development team to address this issue.

I really had high hopes of using the tricaster as a complete switching & recording system. As it turns out, it is not time effective to have to extra time to render out to a standard DV AVI 411 Video to import to my edit suite.

As it is now it is a fine switcher in a small box, but it could be much more valuable to many of us Final Cut
users who would like to add some titles and fx in post.

:vticon: