PDA

View Full Version : Rendering smoothness?

familyguyman
02-05-2007, 09:18 AM
Final question, I swear. (Well, for a while.) :P I was following a tutorial, [URL="http://www.imagecommunications.de/tutorials/surfacethickness.html"] and if you look at any of the earlier rendered images, you can see they are very smooth, and when I render mine, the edges are very sharp, as if it needs antialiasing or something. I've tried sub-patches and smoothing in the surface menu thing. Help! Thanks.

richdj
02-05-2007, 09:48 AM
Try altering the subdivision order to last in the cubes object properties. Incease the antialising, but around PLD pass 3 should be more than enough..

Hope this helps..

Rich

familyguyman
02-05-2007, 09:53 AM
What's PLD and how do increase antialiasing?

Bog
02-05-2007, 09:58 AM
Select the Camera, then select Properties - Anti Aliasing is in that panel, and duplicated in the Render Globals panel.

Though if you need us to tell you that, don't promise that it's your last question for a while!

familyguyman
02-05-2007, 10:02 AM
:P Sorry, I've got the trial version of lightwave, which means no instructions. The tutorials are helpful, but only to a degree, and it's hard to find information on the web.

Bog
02-05-2007, 10:03 AM
Hahaha - nah, don't worry about asking questions. If we all knew everything, there wouldn't be a lot of point to the forum, now would there? :D