PDA

View Full Version : My Fav Computer review

paul summers
02-02-2007, 03:58 PM
My old SGI runs LW better than the Pc and my Mac so there..........

So Chilton can we have a IRIX open-beta soon................................

NewTek you can then charge us $20000
for a one year license and $999 for support
and $25 a post on this forum.

no more Mac v Pc rants

IRIX rocks

Dig out your old Trex wires for 1993 and chillout.:thumbsup:

Weepul
02-03-2007, 05:06 AM
Heck no! It's all about NeXTSTEP! That's a real worker's OS! :D

Chilton
02-03-2007, 06:19 AM
My Processor Design professor in college used to claim that NeXT was the only true incarnation of a a 'desktop' operating system, and that Apple would be history by 2000.

Of course, purists would argue that he was right ;-)

-Chilton

paul summers
02-03-2007, 09:39 AM
The SGI Octane 2 was my favorite UNIX workstation and has been converted into a drinks cabinet and keeps my beer cold.

swpspce
02-05-2007, 09:48 PM
The SGI Octane 2 was my favorite UNIX workstation and has been converted into a drinks cabinet and keeps my beer cold.
blasphemy....

JeffrySG
02-06-2007, 09:00 AM
My Processor Design professor in college used to claim that NeXT was the only true incarnation of a a 'desktop' operating system, and that Apple would be history by 2000.

Of course, purists would argue that he was right ;-)

-Chilton
^lol... right he was...

John the Geek
02-06-2007, 06:53 PM
I've got confirmation from my boss that I'm going to be in the audience when the next version of NeXT is released this June. I'm going to WWDC!

Maybe I'll bump into Chilton there and can ask him how soon we'll see the UB version. </cheap-shot> :neener:

Anyone else thinking of going?

Bonedaddio
02-20-2007, 02:34 PM
I can only wonder, never having run a true Unix workstation... and I'll probably never know.

I will say that I just got a new Mac Pro Quad Xeon, and I'm extremely impressed. Loads OSX in a virtual blink. Even running XP under Boot Camp, I actually couldn't believe how fast programs open. (mouth open in awe).
It makes me think back to my old Kaypro, with the green crt screen and the 5-1/2" floppies... (shudders) Think: Wordstar!

Any news of the UB Lightwave beta??? (I know, I can run it in Boot Camp, but I'm wondering how LW runs under OSX.)