PDA

View Full Version : Predictable Lw9 Bug

Surrealist.
02-01-2007, 11:16 PM
I think it may have to do with assigning names or parenting in the F7 layers panel but it crashes modeler when you try to close it. Someone else had this crash too but I can't find the thread.

Sensei
02-02-2007, 12:28 AM
I heard a couple months back people complaining about Layers windows crashes..
BTW, when you're making screen-shot of crash always open this detail window "click here", there is written where exactly and in what DLL or application crash happened..

Surrealist.
02-02-2007, 12:56 AM
Got it, I have no idea what I was thinking - next time.

Surrealist.
02-02-2007, 03:31 PM
OK, lauers panel was open. Not sure it this is related.

(9.0)

Earl
02-02-2007, 03:36 PM
Could you post your steps for this bug? I would love to test it on my computer. I have not been able to get a repeatable Layers Panel bug with steps (it's always random for me). If you can list steps NewTek will be able to fix it.

Surrealist.
02-02-2007, 03:36 PM
OK, Why am I getting this crash?

Same geometry in the picture. I am trying to run Multishift in Catmull-Clark. (No layers pannel open)

Got the same crash again.

?

Surrealist.
02-02-2007, 04:30 PM
OK the original post - still a problem.

The Multi shift error was my config file. I just cut and paseted my LW config files into a back up folder so LW would write new ones. Problem solved.

dead_kings
03-14-2007, 04:10 AM
Having the similar Modeler Layer renaming problem here. It's constant though so here's what I do to crash it:

I open the object with 2 layers, go to the second layer, open the Layer panel and rename that second layer. Close the Layer panel.
Then I select some geometry in that layer, cut and paste it into a new unused third layer. Open Layer Panel, give a name to the third layer.

Now, all I have to do is click the close button on the Layer panel and the modeler's going down without exception every single time. Didn't parent the layers or anything, just renamed them.

I'm using 9.0 Modeler with the -0 switch. The geometry is just some basic low poly count SubDs. Didn't use Multishift at all.

jburford
03-14-2007, 07:35 AM
The layer renaming is no longer around with the current (Beta Version) Version. Or at least not on my system.

jburford
03-14-2007, 07:37 AM
oh, my... sorry do not know what happenned here. will try to delete the extra postings

Surrealist.
03-14-2007, 12:30 PM
Could you post your steps for this bug? I would love to test it on my computer. I have not been able to get a repeatable Layers Panel bug with steps (it's always random for me). If you can list steps NewTek will be able to fix it.

Sorry, I did not see your post.

But the steps laid out by Dead_Kings sounds about right.