PDA

View Full Version : More Getting Started

ChuckS
02-01-2007, 07:18 PM
I'm an editor and purchased 3D Arsenal because it appeared to make using 3D fairly easy.

I have viewed the tutorials and they all seam to pick up after the conclusion of a different tutorial so I never seem to get to the beginning, how do you START using this product? Also to make matters worse I have just switched from the PC to the Mac and I'm not at all confident that I installed the application correctly.

After starting LW I got to File>>Load>>Load Scene>>[dir] Macintosh HD/3D Arsenal Master Content/scenes/3D Arsenal/(pick any file)3D Arsenal Flags/flagwave1.lws >> I get the following error messages -- File Not Found, can't find "Objects/Flags/flag.lwo". Select an alternate file?

If I select "no" the scene loads without the object but if it had motion or a lens flare for example they play fine.

I also find it interesting that there is no help file, I hate to admit it but I really don't mind reading the manual.

I'm sure I might have installed something incorrectly but I have no way of knowing so I'm just looking for some help in getting started correctly.

Can we use the phone support? They where very helpful when I called for the key.:thumbsup:

ChuckS
02-01-2007, 08:00 PM
Never mind.

After reading the suggestions from a similar post on this forum I was able to figure it out.

I guess part of the confusion stems from the fact that the tutorials aren't really in the order I expected. If there have been others confused by this issue I'd suggest that you direct the user to start with the General Lightwave Tutorials first followed by the 3D Arsenal Tutorials.

Don Ballance
05-24-2007, 03:30 PM
I am in the process of redoing all the get started tutorials and they will be available on line and with the new rebranded product soon.

They will be in a specific order meant to be followed.

I appreciate the input and will make it more understanable for first time users.

Thanks

llpreiss
07-01-2007, 03:44 PM
I am switching to 16:9 video. How do I get 3DA into that format?

ixlor8
07-03-2007, 04:09 PM
My default setting in 3d Arsenal is 640 x480.

I would like to know too.

Don Ballance
12-11-2007, 08:05 PM
You can set any custom resolution in the camera panel.
There is also a setting for wide screen to set the 16x9 aspect.