PDA

View Full Version : Need a model

Tony3d
02-01-2007, 02:26 PM
Does anyone know where I can get an orangutan model?

mrwombat
02-01-2007, 03:46 PM
Does anyone know where I can get an orangutan model?
Well it's not cheap but heres one.
http://www.turbosquid.com/Search/Index.cfm?FuseAction=ProcessSmartSearch&intMediaType=2&istSearchKey=orangutan&stgP=R39CZ2&grp=10869&gclid=CN7I1MafjooCFSgtNAodzSR6Rw

Tony3d
02-01-2007, 04:40 PM
Thanks but what format is that?

Stooch
02-01-2007, 04:59 PM
when dealing with turbosquid, i highly recommend you invest in Deep Exploration (much cheaper then polytrans and supports MANY formats), I have used turbosquid for some projects and deep exploration is a really nice tool to convert assets for most formats i encountered. Im not sure if you can use it on a mac but if you have a new mac, you can dual boot. if you really need help with getting a model converted, send it to me and ill do it for you ;)

Tony3d
02-01-2007, 05:18 PM
Stooch, Thanks thats a very generous offer. I will keep that in mind. I'm on a dual 2.7gig G5 so running that program is probably not going to happen. Again thanks and if I need it I'll let you know.

John the Geek
02-01-2007, 05:44 PM
Well it's not cheap but heres one.
http://www.turbosquid.com/Search/Index.cfm?FuseAction=ProcessSmartSearch&intMediaType=2&istSearchKey=orangutan&stgP=R39CZ2&grp=10869&gclid=CN7I1MafjooCFSgtNAodzSR6Rw

I wouldn't buy that with someone else's money. No format listed, no description, no poly count. What the heck?

Stooch
02-01-2007, 05:46 PM
hey no problem. best way to contact me is through my website in my signature :)

btw that model does look kinda shady. but yeah thats why having a good converter is nice...

Tony3d
02-02-2007, 05:53 AM
ok, I've given up on the 3d model. Since this does not need to be animated, is there anywhere I can a good orangutan clipmap?

davesink
02-02-2007, 08:44 AM
hey no problem. best way to contact me is through my website in my signature :)

btw that model does look kinda shady. but yeah thats why having a good converter is nice...

Well, IF the model was supplied by THE Rhythm and Hues Studio (Narnia CGI, etc.) you can be assured that it's top quality. I'd be kind of surprised if they were selling models on Turbosqid but you never know. You could always contact them and see if they in fact are the creators of the model.

Dave W.