PDA

View Full Version : Jolt Documentation

CrackWilding
02-01-2007, 10:47 AM
Anyone know where I can get documentation on the Jolt plugin? I know generally how it works, but there's a bunch of stuff that is mysterious. For example:

I understand nothing in the intensity ramp box.
What are the Ds for next to Light, Medium, and Heavy?
What does the Spring checkbox do?
What is NonLin2?
What does the Linear button do?

Aside: it bugs me a little bit that Newtek packages these plugins without documentation. Surely when this was originally written, there was something in the way of docs, but when it got sucked up into the LW core, that information seems to have vanished from the web. A pity.

Surrealist.
02-01-2007, 12:53 PM
It's in the manual, page 357 of the LW9 Layout PDF. If you are using an 8.x it is in there too but on a different page of course.

Thing is most likely you got tripped up because it was not where you expected it to be. I know that that has happed to me a couple of times :)

donny
02-01-2007, 04:52 PM
For LightWave 8 it is in the section of with the Motion Options Panel. Or if you check the online help you can do a search for jolt.

CrackWilding
02-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Well I'll be darned. Thanks, guys.

spec24
02-06-2007, 10:20 AM
It's not so much that things are not in the manual (although some things are not), the problem is that many things have no reference in the Glossary so there is no easy way to look them up. This, too me, is the most frustrating thing about the manual.