PDA

View Full Version : Objects to purchase

MikeC
01-30-2007, 06:39 PM
Does anyone know of a good source of various lightwave objects for sale.
A Google and EBay search only listed a couple of sources, so I thought Id ask the experts, you guys.

I'm basically a closet Modeler challenged User.

Thanks,

Mike C

Giacomo99
01-30-2007, 07:02 PM
Check out TurboSquid.com for starters. Good luck.

Sensei
01-30-2007, 08:32 PM
There are also http://www.the3dstudio.com/ and http://www.3d02-ae.com/

MikeC
02-01-2007, 05:17 PM
Thanks,

I'll check them both out.

MC

markschum
02-01-2007, 10:57 PM
You could also look at www.renderosity.com or www.daz3d.com. These have models meant for Poser but prices are really low. Some do tend to use bump maps and textures rather than modelled detail , there is a bunch of free stuff too.

starbase1
02-02-2007, 05:32 AM
Turbosquid tends to be painfully expensive for even the simplest items if they are in Lightwave format...

What sort of material are you after?

If you can still find it anywhere, some years back I got 2 books from Taschen, each of which came with 2 CD's of objects. (3d objects vol 1 & 2?)Quality was mixed, and they were in 3DS format (so needed cleaning up surface wise), but even so it was pretty good value for money if you are looking to get a lot of stuff for a limited sum...

For human figures take a look at the free Daz Studio from Daz3d, and feed in their Victoria 3 and Michael 3 free figures. Alternatively search for the makehuman project.

A decent 3d converter such as Accutrans 3d will also be very handy, and open up free stuff in many other formats for your use.

If you want a lot of plants then think about getting a low end version of Vue, (but check it will export). The low end versions are very cheap, and you can export a lot of plants, vegetation and skies from that with minimal fuss.

For sci-fi space ships you are spoilt for choice, there are various fan modelling groups out there for popular film and TV shows. Also the LWG3D forums have file areas well stocked with this sort of material.

Nick