PDA

View Full Version : Best way to draw a perspective, line drawing ?

wtdedula
01-30-2007, 11:38 AM
Hello All;
I have been dealing with a problem for a long, long time and I wonder if LW 9 could bail me out. I am trying to create several simple 3-D line drawings of the Space Shuttle Orbiter with payload bay open, and a few modules from the International Space Station (Only those modules in the vicinity of the Docking port). It's not good if these are too complex because they will be printed fairly small on 5 X 7" Quick Reference card which has some other things on it too. See my two attachments for some examples similar things I need to illustrate but only even less complex than they show.

Could this task be done very easily in Lightwave Ver. 9 ? And how would I go about saving only the line drawing without any shading or textures ? And could I export this line drawing to an .eps file or .ai (Adobe Illustrator) file ?

Thanks.

Tim

connerh
01-30-2007, 12:09 PM
It could be done easily with LW 9, 8, or even 7. If you create new surfaces for where you want the lines to show up, then turn on edges in Layout, and render with the surface at 100% luminosity 0% Diffuse, and 255 255 255 on the color, it should look right. If this doesn't make sense tell me and I'll try to clarify more.