PDA

View Full Version : New Project

robbiesmith79
01-30-2007, 08:42 AM
http://www.azuritedesign.com/software.php

Look what I did.

StereoMike
01-30-2007, 09:15 AM
I think it's cool, very clean and friendly.
Do you have some experience on Wirefusion? I know it only uses Java (no other plugs), but is the engine fast enough for more sophisticated models and high res? Which version do you use?

mike

Dave Jerrard
01-31-2007, 02:03 PM
Ah, who cares about the countertops. Those textures! Those textures!!!!!

I take it they're image mapped. If not, those are some sweet procedurals.

Reminds me of about ten years ago when I needed to do some marbles textures for a flooring company. I would go to various hardware and home improvement stores, grab some countertop swatches, bring them into the studio and scan them. It wasn't the best resolution, but then again, I was just doing a 3D business card with them, so it was more than enough.

He Who Is Normally Better At These He Who Lines Than This.

robbiesmith79
02-01-2007, 09:05 PM
The shear amount of textures (no bigger than 512px x 512px actual size on my hard drive) dictates the length of download time. The preloader for this demo is about 6 MB. Thankfully the client doesn't want that many textures, but hey, I know what it can do now.

I've had Wirefusion 4.1.20, Lightwave v9, and Adobe CS2 for all of about 2 weeks.

I'm working on another demo that includes the entire kitchen and everything is swappable. I posted it in the work in progress thread, but after thinking about it some more, I really can get away with a much simpler but as effect as the original. The sad thing is that the large the scene size the less detailed it has to be.