PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in need of a motion file creater?

MiniFireDragon
01-29-2007, 09:16 AM
I just finished creating a personal motion file creater that takes a comma delimited file and creates a lightwave motion file. It is a web application, so I can tweak it and put it on the web. But before I bother, I am just curious if there is even a need out there for this.

For those interested in details, basically you select the field you want for each channel, and right now I have it set up to create 4 different motion files.

JamesCurtis
01-29-2007, 12:23 PM
Could you explain further. Would it be to convert Mocap data? What? Something that could convert mocap data and ignore bone size and position and only deal with rotation values would be great. That way, motion data could be assigned to a model and not be distorted by position values.

MiniFireDragon
01-29-2007, 01:36 PM
basically I could change the program to take any type of delimited data ( comma, tab, space, quote, certain ascii characters) When you load your file it will present you with channel selectors (x,y,z,h,p,b,scalers) and drop down boxes that contain your field headers that you can choose which column of data goes to what channel.

I would need to see a mocap file to set something up so I can program it to create a default setup.

Keep in mind motion files are placed on a per object basis. I might be able to write a scene file generator for multiple objects. I don't think it would be to hard, but I haven't looked at the generation of a scene file.

deadlybuda
04-19-2007, 03:01 PM
This sounds great (I think) where can I get it?

My dilemma is: I want to use an object's POSITION X data in another object's POSITION Z. From what I read of your description, this program could do that...right?

Though I know I will have to adjust Position Z's keyframes, having the basic shape of the envelope at synchronous keyframes would be very helpful!

MiniFireDragon
04-20-2007, 07:54 AM
Actually it is a web applet I have developed. I put it on the shelf for now due to the lack of interest. But I can dust it off and put it somewhere people can give it a try.

One thing, that I don't know if it is apparent or not int what I typed, is you need a time column also. But I probably can work with what you want to do to expand it's capabilites.