PDA

View Full Version : THEE best character of all times

DiedonD
01-29-2007, 01:39 AM
Hi guys

There are tons of characters, that either youve made, or someone elses, but at a certain period of time, there MUST've been a character that you liked best out of all other. Someone that you may admire up to this day. So heres mine:

Raziel - In the Legacy of Kain series. He was an elite soldier of the Sarafan army, an army dedicated to destroy the vampire menace. But he misteriously dies, and the prime vampire revives him as a vamp and uses Raziels' skills for the vamps benefits now for a millenium. But after Raziel becomes a threat to him, he dumps Raziel to a watery Abyss, where Raziel suffers acidic water for an eternety. After eternety passess, he becomes this immortal beeing, a death agent, whose full with hate, and that his hate now plays a vital role in the clearup of the land from vamps, because now even gods are effected by them, cause vamps trap souls for eternety, and they dont turn on the wheel of fate.
So Raziel's hate is approved by God, thus he gives him immortality. And of you go hunting the prime vamp to kill him and save the world.

Later on the story gets out of taste, but up to this point you just become this ultimate fighting machine to make Kain pay for his actions, both personal and global at the same time.

Pretty interesting story and character huh? Who is yours? You can include more than one.

Lets have some fun :) :thumbsup:

Sensei
01-29-2007, 01:44 AM
If we are talking about CG characters, I like LOTR's Smeagol..

DiedonD
01-29-2007, 01:46 AM
Kain is that prime vampire by the way

DiedonD
01-29-2007, 01:49 AM
If we are talking about CG characters, I like LOTR's Smeagol..

You mean that skinny white creature, that hunts the ring throughout? :) So what is about him that you like I mean... what?

stone
01-29-2007, 06:29 AM
the juggler
http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=10776&howmanycomments=25&page=0

/stone

kilvano
01-29-2007, 06:45 AM
Got the be the southpark kids! Not 3d but freaking funny!

3d i would have to say....King Kong.

Iain
01-29-2007, 06:57 AM
There is only one Spongebob Squarepants.
He is beyond equal.

tyrot
01-29-2007, 07:31 AM
dear diedon

KAIN! KAIN! KAAAAAAAAAAAAIN! and Gabriel Knight and GARRETT master thief..

Best

eagleeyed
01-29-2007, 07:33 AM
Mine is Verne off Over The Hedge. (The Turtle)

This is one of the characters that I think has amazing detail, the characters facial expressions are some of the best I have seen.

The design of the character is also brilliant. They had to show the shell as an annoyance, something that got in his way. GFor the purpose of the story though he still had to be able to run. Through successful design of the character he was able to run while keeping the impression that the shell was getting in the way. The animations of the character were smooth and you could tell how he was feeling just by looking at his facial expressions or body language.

Anyway thats my personal opinion.

eagleeyed
01-29-2007, 07:54 AM
Speaking of CG Characters, check out this clip on YouTube called 'Kiwi'. It's about a dodo bird that just wants to fly. Extremely moving clip with a 4 star rating. Its a must watch.

flakester
01-29-2007, 09:38 AM
1). Spongebob. Of course! :thumbsup:
2). The Gopher from Blur Studios 'Gopher Broke'.
3). Buzz Lightyear.
4). Slaine, three quarters of the way through a warp spasm.
5). Bod.

:D

WilliamVaughan
01-29-2007, 10:22 AM
Totoro is tops on my list

after that I have hundreds that I like....and this guy is climbing his way to the top for me :)

http://www.tofutheveganzombie.com/forums/

Speedmonk42
01-29-2007, 10:38 AM
You uncultured heathens.

Clearly it is 3D Homer.

"This place looks expensive"

BazC
01-29-2007, 10:55 AM
Danger Mouse and Penfold!

toby
01-29-2007, 11:49 AM
CG: Davy Jones!
Non-CG: Dave Lister!

StereoMike
01-29-2007, 12:34 PM
Mac Gyver.

huh.. that wasn't a synthetic creature build to win the hearts of elderly women?
I thought it all the time...

mike

Nemoid
01-29-2007, 01:38 PM
Wile E coyote and his mate : Roadrunner.

all life explained into a toon.

spec24
01-29-2007, 01:57 PM
pfffffft! Who are all these weirdo characters everyone is talking about? No one even knows the Road Runner or Homer or these vampire mojambos. There is only one all perfect BEST character of all time, and as luck would have it he's a duo: Calvin and Hobbes. There are none higher.

T-Light
01-29-2007, 02:06 PM
BazC

Danger Mouse and Penfold!
You beat me to it :thumbsup:

OK, Rhubarb and Custard...
OR
Cap'n pugwash, predating the South Park style by 30 years (AND captain pugwash had better effects :D)

hrgiger
01-29-2007, 02:48 PM
Jack Bauer. Oh wait, do you want CG?

Mrs. Incredible. I'm a sucker for a redhead.

But I would agree with Spec. Calvin and Hobbes rulle my land.

eagleeyed
01-29-2007, 04:06 PM

If only.

gerry_g
01-29-2007, 04:14 PM
'Ignats', for the way he could so deftly lob a brick at Krazy's bean for quoting Omar Kayip ??

mj418
01-29-2007, 07:30 PM
My favorite character is the character I nurtered and saw through Oblivion, from when he was a broke nobody in prison, to become the hero of all Cyrodill, having vanquished all his enemies and essentially saved the world.

What have any of those other guys done? ;)

spec24
01-30-2007, 07:59 AM

WHAT?!?! How many times did the heroic Spaceman Spiff save the entire UNIVERSE from the dreaded Scum Beings?!!! To many to recount.... too many. :D

StereoMike
01-30-2007, 09:18 AM
Or how often saved Zapp Brannigan mankind, sending wave after wave of men into battle?

Iain
01-30-2007, 09:39 AM
Murun Buchstansangar.

Or Noseybonk from Jigsaw (shiver)

DiedonD
01-31-2007, 01:30 AM

My Raziel is IMMORTAL, and a Godsend angel of death, who is filled with hate, after suffering an eternity.

And you think that any character would even dare to even think to mess with HIM!

Possible scenarios:

Raziel is hunting Kain throughout for his vandeta and to save the world. And any of your characters come in out of the blue.

Your character: So you are Raziel huh, Ive heard your a pretty tough guy. Id like to test that and see weather it is true.

Raziel: Im in the middle of something. I have yet to find this blooody **** reaver, so as I can find a way to climb up there.

Your character: Pok, pok, pok, pok, pok, pok, pok, and Gods choose you to clean up this mess, your a heck of a chicken shiiiii... OOHHH!!!!

And Your characters soul is absorbed by Raziels immortal self sword, shaped into a blade by infinite circles of time, that sucks souls out when impaled on WHOMEVER!

How can any character beat that!

DiedonD
01-31-2007, 01:35 AM

Mrs. Incredible. I'm a sucker for a redhead.

But I would agree with Spec. Calvin and Hobbes rulle my land.

Shes pretty elastic. Do you have any specific positions in mind :D

And beware of blackmail. Do it secretely, you dont want Bob Incredible looking for you do you. Cause in therapy after, you "might come to forgive him" :)

DiedonD
01-31-2007, 01:47 AM
I must say, I do not know most of these characters that some of you mentined. Like:

Verne off Over The Hedge. (The Turtle)

Totoro

3D Homer - Unless its Homer from Simpsons that now has become 3D

Danger Mouse and Penfold

Dave Lister

Mac Gyver

Calvin and Hobbes - Unless its the Leukocite and the Pill inside the guys body cartoon.

Rhubarb and Custard

Ignats

MJ418 - What is your characters name?

Perhaps other dont know them aswell. So if you dont have links to the site, maybe you could include a story. Some backgrund and the like.

Having said that heres the Link to Raziel:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Soulreaver2.jpg

I still feel sorry about the decision of his fate. It couldve been much better :(

toby
01-31-2007, 02:16 AM
I'm sure the rest of them can be Googled as well -

ON YOUR KNEES before you DARE clicking this link! :bowdown:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Lister

BazC
01-31-2007, 02:30 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dangermouse

Iain
01-31-2007, 03:03 AM
Raziel is hunting Kain throughout for his vandeta and to save the world. And any of your characters come in out of the blue.

Your character: So you are Raziel huh, Ive heard your a pretty tough guy. Id like to test that and see weather it is true.

Raziel: Im in the middle of something. I have yet to find this blooody **** reaver, so as I can find a way to climb up there.

Your character: Pok, pok, pok, pok, pok, pok, pok, and Gods choose you to clean up this mess, your a heck of a chicken shiiiii... OOHHH!!!!

And Your characters soul is absorbed by Raziels immortal self sword, shaped into a blade by infinite circles of time, that sucks souls out when impaled on WHOMEVER!

Why do I get the impression you have a large pet snake or a tarantula in your bedroom? And a big Danger:Toxic sign on the door.

DiedonD
01-31-2007, 03:07 AM
Why do I get the impression you have a large pet snake or a tarantula in your bedroom? And a big Danger:Toxic sign on the door.

I really apreciate the insight. But theres much more to it. Keep on guessing though.

Fizzer
01-31-2007, 03:10 AM
Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb, and Windy Miller!:D

t4d
01-31-2007, 03:27 AM
Homer J Simpson - you know him ;)
Spongebob Squarepants - Just the coolest
Goku _ Dragon ball & DBZ
Cid - Iceage

great Character designers ( No personality Just look Cool )
Capcom - MegaMan but really everything they make
Squaresoft - Final fantasy
Nintendo - Anything

tonybliss
01-31-2007, 03:51 AM
I-Robot. The fluidity of a mechanical cg object in this piece fascinated me :)

t4d
01-31-2007, 03:54 AM

I was doing a Crash test dummy modeling job when that was released on dvd.. I watched it like 50 times as i modeled .. Still a good movie and yes the robots were done really well :thumbsup:

DiedonD
01-31-2007, 04:29 AM
I liked Will Smith more in the movie.

"The robot concluded that the girl had 13% a chance to survive, and I had 30% a chance to servive. He choose to save me....... (A bit tears on eyes) Everybody knows that 13% is more then enough to save a little girl"

Awssoooome..... Pretty touching wouldnt you agree

tonybliss
01-31-2007, 05:55 AM
Biased robot ... hmmm. Maybe ... just maybe ... the robot did not like little girls !!! Me I would have been selfishly happy for my 30% in such a ****uation .... :D
But really I liked the animation of the main robot character. To me it was well portrayed for a cg character. Not sure tho' if it was animated manually or using motion capture

tonybliss
01-31-2007, 05:57 AM
good**** forum censorsh1t. Edited above should have been sh1tuation...
OK ok I'm done

Kuzey
01-31-2007, 06:19 AM
I would say most of the old toons are great, they don't make them like that anymore...except for Simpons, southpark and Bob squarepants :D

Astroboy
Asterix and friends
Lucky Luke
Shazzan
Kimba the white Lion

...just to name a few :D

These arn't 2d or 3d characters but some of the best out there just the same:

Shintaro The Samurai (http://au.geocities.com/rocket42au/samurai/)

Monkey (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_(TV_series))

Ps Now that I think of it, I do believe "24" the show could be based on Shintaro :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kuzey

t4d
01-31-2007, 06:30 AM
Monkey Magic
http://dragonlady2264.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/monkey_magic.jpg

Now that is some extremely Cool Stuff :thumbsup:
it's as good as it gets,:D I got he whole dvd collection Top Stuff :thumbsup:

Skinner3D
01-31-2007, 08:16 AM

You beat me to the punch:grumpy: :D

TOBY I think Cat was better than Dave Lister:)

toby
01-31-2007, 10:11 PM
You beat me to the punch:grumpy: :D

TOBY I think Cat was better than Dave Lister:)
Close second.
OOOwwww!!!!

riki
01-31-2007, 10:50 PM
Pepe-la-Pew the French Skunk is pretty cool