PDA

View Full Version : The White Throne

younglion
01-29-2007, 12:19 AM
Well it certainly has been awhile since I been on here. Greetings everyone!

I made this over the weekend, it's nothing extraordinary, but pretty simple and basic. I wanted to practice on creating a certain mood with lighting. Everything is pretty much made up on the fly.

Let me know what you think.:D

oDDity
01-29-2007, 03:51 PM
Well not much, it really doesn't conjure up any atmosphere or narrative at all.
It's obviously not meant to be an arch viz render, so I've no idea what your intention was.
I've no idea what I'm looking at other than some sort of big, almost empty room in a generic fantasy setting.

voriax
01-29-2007, 04:45 PM
Hmm, yeah..
When I look at it, I want to look at everything but the throne, since it's too small and seems to have the least detail out of everything in the image.
The lighting doesn't seem too correct, since you have a "celestial light" sort of effect coming from the upper left, but then the rest of the scene is lit by a similar coloured light coming from the upper right..

I'd suggest at least cutting out the light from the right, which might add a bit more "mood", as it would then only be lit by the fire and the throne light. And work on the throne a bit - if it's meant to be the focus of the image, make us want to look at it. :)

Funny thing, when I saw the title "the white throne", I was expecting an image of a toilet...? :question:

younglion
01-30-2007, 09:46 AM
Thanks guys.
At least if not anything I can salvage from this is that I know where I'm at and I need a lot more improvement.
Thanks for the tips Voriax on what I can do to improve this.

White throne...toilet...ha ha.

starbase1
01-31-2007, 01:33 AM
It seems slightly out of the vertical, but not enough to make it look deliberate...

Also everything seems very clean.

I think you need to add more stuff, dirty up the surfaces, and maybe reconsider the composition a bit? Maybe a path leading to the throne from near the viewpoint would lead the eye through the image, and emphasize the scale.

I think it's got promise though.

Nick