PDA

View Full Version : Topsecret photo of the next military jet

guardonduty
01-28-2007, 03:30 PM
Shhhhhhh. Don't tell anyone or try to copy it. I am watching you. Comments are welcome!

ACLOBO
01-28-2007, 03:55 PM
Congrats on your aquisition and display of top secret information. I think I should let you know that I AM WATCHING you.....

One thing that strikes me about this technological wonder is that it doesn't reflect natural light. Look at the background lighting - full of reds and some blues and purples. This jet ignores lighting in general and surely is invisible to the human eye when it wishes. This could however, be a design flaw and I encourage you to talk to the engineers about the make up of the skin. You would want the skin to absorb or reflect those hues to make it less visible.

;-)

-Adrian

Bytehawk
01-28-2007, 05:40 PM
the camera you're using has a magical lens on it. No DOF at all even though the plane seems to be flying quite high (or the shadows are missing....)

Skinner3D
01-29-2007, 08:09 AM
Looks good, but would you be able to sneak us another view?:D

Thomas M.
01-29-2007, 09:21 AM
Looks good? Did you check your eyes lately?

Please, dear poster: Next time you post an image similar to this one, mention that looking at the image might cause eye cancer. I'm sure in the U.S. I could sue you for posting this "whatsoever" without any additional warning, so you'd need to transfer money till the end of days onto my account.

Honestly, it doesn't take too much to see what's wrong with the lighting, shading and the rest of the image. I guess you feel it yourself. Check Camerons collection of tips, tricks and tutorials for getting further. Apart from the object (which looks cappy in my opinion), you could enhance your skills by taking a look at some valueable tips in the mentioned forum. You'll find the link at NT's link page.

Cheers and good luck.

Randog
01-29-2007, 04:15 PM
Shhhhhhh. Don't tell anyone or try to copy it. I am watching you. Comments are welcome!

Here are my comments, in no particular order:

*The lighting is, well, poorly done. Perhaps you liked the background image and wanted to have your plane part of the picture. I would not use this as a background.

*The light color does not match the plate.

*The model, per the picture, is about 5 feet of the ground; making the model the size of a medium sized remote control plane.

*The texture consists of one texture. I have yet to see a plane that has this. Even stealth planes.

*The modeling is hard to see due to the lighting conditions; however, the model looks more like an insect than a plane. It is way too soft looking.

*The model need more detail. A lot more detail.

I would strongly suggest, that before you start a project of this nature you do some research. If I am working on a personal project I will spend a number of days doing reaserch to make sure that when I am done it will sit in reality - otherwise the viewer will be pulled out of it. You want to draw them in to the image - not the reverse.

Keep in mind - if you spend 10 minutes on something - it will look like you spent 10 minutes on it. It does not matter if you are working in feature films or from you mother's basement. Take the time and do it right.

Cheers,

-=R=-

pixeltek
01-29-2007, 07:46 PM
Remember, the faceted features of stealth went away with the F-117. The new stealthy aircraft will be along the lines of the B2 and F22. In case this is to be a really fast aircraft, operating in the hypersonic regime, the shape could be nothing like this. Lastly, check out the term 'bounday layer' and revisit your apparently bumpy, turbulence-generating aircraft skin. A little more research will be needed for the design-mod.

guardonduty
01-30-2007, 09:05 AM
This was my previous design. Which one is better?

Randog
01-30-2007, 10:42 AM
This was my previous design. Which one is better?

If you would like a model opinion I would segest doing a BG GI render. Not BG image. No textures. No spec.

Much like the other image, under the current lighting conditions it is way too difficult to give specific commetns. I also agree with the previous post about the design - for both planes.

Thomas M.
01-30-2007, 11:08 AM
A good advice probably would be not to design planes. But as you like to give it a try don't start in 3d. Both "designs" look like you just fooled around in 3d, but didn't have a concept. Take a sheet of paper and a pencil and start making drawings from your ideas. Start LW afterwards...

<HD>
02-06-2007, 05:01 PM
Tough crowd...I think it's pretty cool and you can see from the changes you've made that it's taking shape and starting to turn from a spaceship into an aeroplane. However, I actually like the first concept in that your idea of a stealth plane is that it looks sculptured from a single piece of material. Almost vacuum formed technology, perhaps made from some kind of tough but light polystyrene material rather than fabricated from many components. The model aircraft scale and construction may actually be a good starting point for a future stealth plane (as with those small unmanned spyplanes already in use). I'd argue that messing around in Lightwave playing with the mesh like clay ( lets face it thats what most 3d software brags it can do) is exactly the right approach for your ideas. Certain undeveloped elements such as the tail fin may be misleading the viewer at present. Keep working on it and avoid rectalinear forms....the curves were working great.:thumbsup: