PDA

View Full Version : Aston Martin DBS

Ideas Unlimited
01-28-2007, 07:25 AM
Firstly thanks for all the comments and crit’s on the WIP thread for this model, I hope the wait for the renders below was worth it. Sorry for putting Four pic’s on but I couldn’t decide which one’s I liked the best so this is where you all come in .. crit’s welcome as always :thumbsup:

richdj
01-28-2007, 10:21 AM
Very cool work, excellent job...

Rich

Exception
01-28-2007, 03:10 PM
Very nice model! congratulations...

Now have some fun with it :)
I think you should spend some time making a really nice paint surface for it, the one you have now seems kind of flat.
Also, the last 3 images need more AA, and the road one needs a lot of material changes, also to the road. The model deserves it.

Carlovfx
01-28-2007, 08:13 PM
Really cool model, grats! I don't love the renders and the choice of HDRI but the model is really cool.

oDDity
01-29-2007, 03:44 PM
I've no interest or knowledge about cars, but the modeling and render both look very professional.
The paint surface does look a touch plasticy however.

Andyjaggy
01-29-2007, 03:53 PM
Modeling looks good but I agree with Oddity something isn't quite right with the paint. I kind of feel like a hypocrit syaing that since I have never been able to achieve a paint surface I am happy with.

Wonderpup
01-29-2007, 04:15 PM
My only crit would be the lighting- I think the double shadows make it look like a fantasticly well made miniture, rather than a real car- a realistic outdoor lighting setup would be the finishing touch for me.

creativecontrol
01-29-2007, 10:21 PM
Did you use any pluggins for the modeling (LWCAD etc) or was it all LW? Very nice lines.

Ideas Unlimited
01-30-2007, 10:05 AM
Just lightwave, no plugs at all :thumbsup:

Ideas Unlimited
01-31-2007, 11:20 AM
Thanks for all the comments, I've changed the lighting as suggested and also changed some settings on the cars surface, please let me know what you think now as I'm happy to change anything to do this car justice :thumbsup:

Ideas Unlimited
01-31-2007, 02:42 PM
Here's a new coloured version :thumbsup:

adrian
01-31-2007, 08:10 PM
Like Oddity, I have no interest in cars either, but I enjoyed looking at your excellently modelled beauty :)

Very well done.... you know what would be cool? Make it a complete rusted old wreck. That would be a good texturing challenge and would also be great to put on a demo reel - first the nice clean perfect model, then the beat-up rust bucket. That would show off your modelling as well as your texturing skills.

Or maybe that's just me :D

CaptCarty
02-20-2007, 01:12 PM
very nice .