PDA

View Full Version : Expressway driving

Norman
01-24-2007, 10:51 PM
I have a need to put a CG car into some actual video footage of a car moving along the expressway. I need the car weaving in and out of traffic and keeping up with the real traffic. In LightWave, the CG car will only move so far into the 'Z' direction, then it stops. I tried to reduce the size of the car to make it appear to get smaller as it goes of into the distance and when it comes into view from the distance, but, I'm not having much success. Any suggestions? I'm using LightWave 9.

Norman Austin
naustin1126(AT)sbcglobal.net

Norman
01-25-2007, 07:29 AM
I am officially embarrassed, I have not done anything like this for quite a long time and set up my background as my video, and you can never reach the background, as we all should know. :-)

That's been straightened out, but, now I find I can only see the background after I hit the F9 key, and not when I am trying to place the cars. What is the magic button that allows me to see my texture image in Layout. I see the texture on all object except the plane I have the video on. This used to be so uncomplicated.

Norman Austin
naustin1126(AT)sbcglobal.net

toby
01-25-2007, 11:14 PM
Display options, near the bottom, the "Camera View Background" drop-down list.

Norman
01-28-2007, 09:21 AM
Without my doing anything different, the background video started showing up and I was able to properly position the car. The quickest way for me to make the CG car look like it belonged in the scene, however, was to line it up, with the background traffic, create the preview in LightWave, delete the plane withe video on it, then render to an .avi and composite in VT4. I rendered to a separate layer so I could tweak the colors of the car without affecting the background, which is much easier in VT4 than in LightWave.

Thanks for everyone's help.:thumbsup: