PDA

View Full Version : Rendering a scene in LW9

codyburke610
01-23-2007, 05:29 PM
I made a wormhole scene in LW9 from a tutorial. And I want to render it. (not as a single frame). So I hit render scene and it says, "auto frame advance is on but no saving options are active, continue with rendering?" I click yes and it just renders the whole thing as individual frames. I want to render it out to be an avi file or a wmv file to open up with quicktime or windows media player. Do I have to go into the rendering options and do something? thanks
-cody-

Capt Lightwave
01-24-2007, 01:36 AM
Yes, Cody.

Open your Render Globals panel and hit the Output tab...then read your manual and finish the rest youself...

codyburke610
01-24-2007, 04:59 AM
Ok, thanks :D

Dave Jerrard
01-24-2007, 10:45 AM
As others will also tell you, it's far safer to render the frames and then compil those into an animation later. If you abort the render, or LightWave crashes, or the power goes out while rendering directly to an animation, you'll have to start rendering all over again from the start. Also, there's a bug in the codec handling where you actually can't change the quality of Sorensen encoding, which is stuck at the lowest quality no matter what you set it to. There might be issues with other codecs as well. Saving frames gives you more control. You can compile the animation in whatever codec you want without having to rerender to try other settings. You'll also have clean source images to work with over & over (assuming you didn't save them in JPG format).

He Who Has Been Burned By Crashes During Anim Saving A Few Too Many Times.