PDA

View Full Version : Dongle Use

eagleeyed
01-23-2007, 01:02 AM
Hi, I have just got a version of Lightwave 9. I am wondering about the licencing conditions for Lightwave.

I have two computers that I would like to use LW on. My desktop whenever I am home and my laptop when I am at school. I am wondering if it is allowed to install LW on both computers and just swap the dongle between the two.

Thanks In Advance.

eagleeyed
01-23-2007, 01:52 AM
Please, does anyone know the answer to this.

kilvano
01-23-2007, 02:20 AM
As long as you are only using it at one time its allowed AFAIK.

basically without the dongle you work in discovery mode.

colkai
01-23-2007, 02:34 AM
I have LW installed on 3 computers, my dongle goes where I go so I can run LW regardless. As Chris says, you can only run 'full' LW if the dongle is in so you're only running one instance anyway. This is another area where Newtek are very good, you are not restricted to where you install LW, which makes it great for those of us who move around.

eagleeyed
01-23-2007, 02:39 AM
Thanks for telling me. The bad thing is my DVD Drive on my computer has just died (Only two months old) so I cant install Lightwave at the moment on that desktop.

kilvano
01-23-2007, 02:45 AM
why dont you download it from the Newtek site and then stick it on a pen drive?

eagleeyed
01-23-2007, 06:52 PM
why dont you download it from the Newtek site and then stick it on a pen drive?

Luckily I have an extremely old drive as a backup which I have swapped over, I have taken the drive into repair and I should get it back in five days.

jbingaman
02-01-2007, 12:06 PM
my dongle and (sometimes) project drive follows me around everywhere and I'm able to jump onto any of my systems - depending on where I am at the time (work, home, show site). just don't loose the dongle LOL

plus, if you eventually want to network render - only the controlling system needs the dongle.

J