PDA

View Full Version : Mac Ub Open Beta

juli51
01-22-2007, 05:45 AM
Is the Mac UB open beta allready on the air does somebody have a idea?. or does somebody whe will be the finall Mac UB of LW released?

Thanks....

Kuzey
01-22-2007, 06:07 AM
It will be ready when our resident Mac guru Chilton is happy with it :thumbsup:

Kuzey

Phil
01-22-2007, 06:07 AM
Read the press release. It's not in open beta yet. Expected release date for the final non-beta UB LW build is March 2007.

juli51
01-22-2007, 06:22 AM
So..... march 2007, Hummm,..... looks good.is it a date to trust or just about.....?

Kuzey
01-22-2007, 06:39 AM
You shouldn't rely on dates because there could be a problem tomorrow that could delay it even more....not that there is any at the moment.

In any case, this is not a straight conversion to UB, this has many Mac features that the current LW 9 hasn't got. Otherwsie it would have been out 6 months ago :D

Kuzey

mike_stening
01-22-2007, 07:11 AM
zzzzzzzzz...
wha did someone say ub beta?
eh not yet. .. uh ok
zzzzzzzzzzzz

:hey:

Chilton
01-22-2007, 08:18 AM
Howdy,

It will be ready when our resident Mac guru Chilton is happy with it :thumbsup:

This is true, I wanted it to be at a certain point before we went to open beta. However, some of the nifty-cool features are still not quite ready, so we might hold those off later in the beta, and get this out to everyone sooner. With that in mind, I'd say we're closer to 'very soon' than 'soon' at this point.

-Chilton

Weepul
01-22-2007, 09:00 AM
With that in mind, I'd say we're closer to 'very soon' than 'soon' at this point.
Let me go get my Chilton-English/English-Chilton dictionary... ;)

Chalk up one more PPC user still looking forward to what's improved.

mike_stening
01-22-2007, 09:02 AM
or maybe just compile a list of 'soonerisms' and their apparent meanings

masterjedi
01-22-2007, 12:36 PM
Hey Mike, I just noticed that you have the 7300 crd in your MacPro. How does that card perform?

-MJ

gerry_g
01-22-2007, 12:53 PM
Every day I walk past a Pub/Bar that has a little brass sign outside bearing the legend "FREE BEER TOMOROW" and if you were to walk inside and ask the bartender when exactly is tomorrow, he'd look you straight in the eye deadpan and say tomorrow and if the next day you were to do the same he’d say tomorrow and the next day if..................

John the Geek
01-22-2007, 01:18 PM
Let me go get my Chilton-English/English-Chilton dictionary... ;)

Ha.. that's perfect.

I hope it means he's wrapped up the first build and we're just waiting for internal testing/next OB release.

But then, I don't speak Chiltonese at all, so I may be incorrect.

Kurtis
01-22-2007, 02:42 PM
Every day I walk past a Pub/Bar that has a little brass sign outside bearing the legend "FREE BEER TOMOROW" and if you were to walk inside and ask the bartender when exactly is tomorrow, he'd look you straight in the eye deadpan and say tomorrow and if the next day you were to do the same he’d say tomorrow and the next day if..................

When I visit my folks and we go out to eat, at the end of the meal the waiter brings the bill and my Mother will inevitably say (joking) "you mean it's not free today?" Once, without missing a beat, the waiter said, "sorry, that was yesterday."

eidetiken
01-22-2007, 06:19 PM
Tomorrow has been cancelled for lack of interest.

Chilton
01-22-2007, 06:47 PM
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

eidetiken
01-22-2007, 08:20 PM
NSUndoManager *undo = [yesterday];

mike_stening
01-23-2007, 02:18 AM
the 7300 is ok, think the 7800gt was a bit quicker but not by too much.

CAClark
01-23-2007, 03:40 AM
Howdy,

This is true, I wanted it to be at a certain point before we went to open beta. However, some of the nifty-cool features are still not quite ready, so we might hold those off later in the beta, and get this out to everyone sooner. With that in mind, I'd say we're closer to 'very soon' than 'soon' at this point.

-Chilton

With the time already waited, I'd rather wait a bit longer and get those nifty features finished up and in :)

Cheers!

wargum
01-23-2007, 06:48 AM
Sorry CAClark, Windows users shouldn't have a voice here :hey:

CAClark
01-23-2007, 12:33 PM
I use both so screw you :p hehe I use LW on my Macbook Pro as well, so I am not just stirring it, just presently LW is a bit of a joke on intel macs :)

Cheers!

byte_fx
01-23-2007, 02:11 PM
I use both so screw you :p hehe I use LW on my Macbook Pro as well, so I am not just stirring it, just presently LW is a bit of a joke on intel macs :)

Cheers!

Not running under XP on a Mac Pro - :grin:

byte_fx

juli51
01-23-2007, 02:20 PM
Hey masterjedi, I have also a NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT in my mac pro quad, and it performs quite fast...

CAClark
01-23-2007, 02:35 PM

byte_fx

I don't think realistically the HD's in the laptops are quite big enough for full dual booting. For my purpose atleast, UB will eliminate the need for it anyways.

Cheers!

byte_fx
01-23-2007, 04:01 PM
But even the smallest available in the Mac Pro is. :grin:

One reason I prefer desktops over laptops.

byte_fx

Weepul
01-23-2007, 04:04 PM
That, of course, could hardly be called running LightWave on a Mac. ;)

byte_fx
01-23-2007, 05:48 PM
Actually it is running on an Intel Mac - just not under OS X.

Tried that - slower than molasses on a sub-zero morning.

So installed Boot Camp and XP. Runs as fast or faster than on the 3.2 Xeon box.

Best of both worlds re software availability.

byte_fx

John the Geek
01-24-2007, 06:21 AM
I predict that today is the day that they will serve Chicken Caesar Wraps in the café across the street from where I work.

:D

I also predict that tomorrow we will see our first UB. (Maybe Friday if my Predict-o-matic™ is a bit slow on reading the future.)

That is all...

gerry_g
01-24-2007, 06:44 AM
Nah!!, my bunion is fairly neutral right now, it would be acting up like crazy if anything big was going down

CAClark
01-24-2007, 07:14 AM
I predect Q2 2008 :)

Phil
01-24-2007, 09:13 AM
I don't think realistically the HD's in the laptops are quite big enough for full dual booting. For my purpose atleast, UB will eliminate the need for it anyways.

Cheers!

MacDrive. Store your data on the OSX partition and read/write to it from Windows. Nice and easy, as well as reliable. I've been working that way since the MacBook Pro turned up here in late November. Not a single worry.

There's also the new FUSE port for OSX from Google. In theory this would allow you to read/write (rather than just read) NTFS partitions from OSX without problem. I'm not confident enough to try it just yet, though :)

I've heard bad things about Parallels 2.2 beta, BootCamp, FAT32 and MacDrive, though, so I'm waiting until the dust settles to try that combination. Lots of BootCamp partitions being rendered unusable due to HAL corruption. Lots of issues with MacDrive wedging parallels by trying to mount the OSX system drive.

At least there are plenty of options. Given the sheer number of Win32 plugins, it's occasionally hard to avoid needing Win32 LW. That said, I get the impression that a significant number of Mac plugin ports will only appear for UB LW. Here's hoping that NewTek don't drop the ball when providing developer resources.

John the Geek
01-24-2007, 09:26 AM
My MacBook Pro 120GB drive is custom Boot-Camped to be as follows: (50GB Mac | 50GB Fat32 | 20GB NTFS) Rounded of course, since they all format down to less)

I use the Fat32 as my shared partition between them. It's tricky to set up, since you have to partition (Mac | Mac | Fat32) since Windows wants the first available Windows partition to be it's C drive, then install and format on the last partition (I chose to format as NTFS), then once Windows is installed reformat the middle partition to Fat32. Ta-da. The boot picker always looks for Windows on the last partition, and there it is.

But I agree, there's not a lot of space that way.

CAClark
01-24-2007, 03:33 PM
Part of my problem is i can't be arsed. It's too much faffing around when LW exists in OSX, and with some detrmination, there isn't that much you can't do in mac LW, and my XP64 machine can handle all the rendering if I need anything win specific. I got used to that with win64 LW anyway.

Cheers!

dsol
01-25-2007, 08:42 AM
My MacBook Pro 120GB drive is custom Boot-Camped to be as follows: (50GB Mac | 50GB Fat32 | 20GB NTFS) Rounded of course, since they all format down to less)

I use the Fat32 as my shared partition between them. It's tricky to set up, since you have to partition (Mac | Mac | Fat32) since Windows wants the first available Windows partition to be it's C drive, then install and format on the last partition (I chose to format as NTFS), then once Windows is installed reformat the middle partition to Fat32. Ta-da. The boot picker always looks for Windows on the last partition, and there it is.

But I agree, there's not a lot of space that way.

One to watch out for with FAT32 volumes is that they don't support files >4GB. I remember getting stressed out on a job in the past where I had to copy the final uncompressed quicktime out onto an external firewire disk -
it would get halfway through copying than crap out with an unknown error. I'd assumed the drive was HFS formatted - took me a while to work out that in fact it'd been formatted as FAT32 as the owner used it to share with Windows PCs :devil:

csgoss
01-26-2007, 02:33 AM
I have a mac pro powerbook, my drive is nearly full.

:stumped: Has anybody installed Bootcamp on to a faster external FW drive and run win XP from it, rather than the laptop drive? Can it be done???

Tartiflette
01-26-2007, 03:59 AM
I have a mac pro powerbook, my drive is nearly full.

:stumped: Has anybody installed Bootcamp on to a faster external FW drive and run win XP from it, rather than the laptop drive? Can it be done???
Nope !

You have to install Windows on the internal drive ! It can't be installed on a external drive, since windows doesn't allow that...

Regards,
Laurent aka Tartiflette :)

P.S. : However, you can install Mac OS X on an external drive, if you wish ;)

CAClark
01-26-2007, 04:32 AM
I tried to install bootcamp on my MBP, but it wouldn't work as I needed a USB keyboard?? I gave up at that point as it didn't inspire me.

Cheers!

John the Geek
01-26-2007, 06:03 AM
I tried to install bootcamp on my MBP, but it wouldn't work as I needed a USB keyboard?? I gave up at that point as it didn't inspire me.

?

1. Your MacBook Pro has a USB Keyboard built in.

2. BootCamp works with Bluetooth keyboards too, it's just not supported since sometimes you need to power the keyboard off and back on after a reboot. (but not always. It's odd. Sometimes you just press a key and wait 5 seconds for it to pair itself.)

-John

byte_fx
01-26-2007, 01:23 PM
He might be referring to an external USB keyboard.

For whatever reason some MBP's need an external kybd at least during install while others don't.

byte_fx

Phil
01-26-2007, 02:03 PM
Part of my problem is i can't be arsed. It's too much faffing around when LW exists in OSX, and with some detrmination, there isn't that much you can't do in mac LW, and my XP64 machine can handle all the rendering if I need anything win specific. I got used to that with win64 LW anyway.

Cheers!

The problem here is that LW is currently dreadfully slow under OSX on Intel hardware. As such, until UB LW surfaces *and* 3rd party addons like IFW2(Nodal), exrTrader, infiniMap, HDInstance, Dynamite (*insert grumble about developer ignoring email*), etc. are available, you'll be stuck with underperforming LW for a substantial period of time.

The alternative is to whack Boot Camp on the machine and get near enough the full power out of your hardware. It's a no-brainer. Additionally, you can 'ghost' the partition using Disk Utility, making it incredibly easy to recover the volume later.

From tests with Cinebench, UB is actually faster on the same hardware as Win32. That surprised me enormously.

I'm really hoping that the developer support for UB, and also Windows, from NewTek breaks as much new ground as the 9.2 release. It's overdue and essential. What's available now is hardly inspriring.

Tartiflette
01-26-2007, 02:25 PM
He might be referring to an external USB keyboard.

For whatever reason some MBP's need an external kybd at least during install while others don't.

byte_fx

:thumbsdow

Wow ! Didn't know that... That's weird !
Fortunately for me, mine works fine without any external keyboard needed ! :)

The problem here is that LW is currently dreadfully slow under OSX on Intel hardware. As such, until UB LW surfaces *and* 3rd party addons like IFW2(Nodal), exrTrader, infiniMap, HDInstance, Dynamite (*insert grumble about developer ignoring email*), etc. are available, you'll be stuck with underperforming LW for a substantial period of time.

Unless you can work with LightWave straight out of the box ! :thumbsup:
(it isn't my case, but nearly, and i can live with that for a certain amount of time...)

The alternative is to whack Boot Camp on the machine and get near enough the full power out of your hardware. It's a no-brainer. Additionally, you can 'ghost' the partition using Disk Utility, making it incredibly easy to recover the volume later.

Yes, that's for sure the best new feature of the MacIntel hardware ! :D
But, you still need to buy a copy of Windows, which is NOT a "no brainer"... :devil:

From tests with Cinebench, UB is actually faster on the same hardware as Win32. That surprised me enormously.

From other tests about the new Maya 8.5, a MacPro performs better in Mac OS X than in Windows XP !
So it's very interesting for the upcoming (??!) LightWave UB ! :D

Regards,

CAClark
01-27-2007, 09:42 AM
Indeed i meant an external usb keyboard, which i was advised was required when I tried to install bootcamp.

And as mentioned previously, the HDD in my MBP is not really big enough to support two full OS's plus user data. Would be a no brainer in a MacPro though.

Cheers!

mike_stening
01-30-2007, 03:11 AM
in the words of every child in a car journey....

"how far now?"
"are we there yet?"

:D

Phil
01-30-2007, 04:13 AM
Patience, grasshopper. I'd hate them to rush it out and screw it up. I'm actually surprised that they have put a date on the release.....given past performance in this respect, for 8.0 and 9.0, they are going to have **** to pay if they miss the shipping date. Let's hope the core beta team is doing a good job testing the thing....

In the meantime, at least developers will get access to UB porting information (once NewTek actually post the right SDK on the developer page) so it won't be a lame duck LW release out-of-the-gates. I'm still missing DPKit on the current Mac LW release, for example.

mike_stening
01-30-2007, 04:25 AM
+1 on that

yeah agree, kinda wanted to bring the thread back on topic and give it a bump:D

CAClark
01-30-2007, 06:30 AM
The grapevine says beta1 is pretty stable & fast, so surely they can't be to far now? On one hand i think they are being a bit to fussy for a beta, but on the other had, if they don't royally f*ck it up like the 9.2 Beta9, then I should be grateful :)

Cheers!

John the Geek
01-30-2007, 07:19 AM
(once NewTek actually post the right SDK on the developer page)

It's been fixed. I downloaded it last night.

Ryhnio
02-06-2007, 07:45 PM
Any word?

mike_stening
02-07-2007, 01:53 AM
how about 'soon!'

quite a popular word round here anyway:D :I_Love_Ne

Darth Mole
02-07-2007, 03:12 AM
I'm actually really fed up with this 'soon' bullsh!t. I've paid a load of cash for LightWave over the years and it feels liike I can't be trusted with a teensy bit of information. Yes, I understand they can't honestly pinpoint a day and date - software slips, we all now that - but 'soon' in a child's eyes is in the next ten minutes; 'soon' for a kalahari bushtribesman might mean summer.

I think it would be nice to give us some sort of adult timescale: "We're realistically hoping to hit beta in the next four weeks, but if any problems occur that could easily extend to six."

See? Not frickin' hard. I could live with that. I'm an adult - unbelievably, I can manage my own expectations.

Sheesh.

jeremyhardin
02-07-2007, 04:15 AM
I'm actually really fed up with this 'soon' bullsh!t. I've paid a load of cash for LightWave over the years and it feels liike I can't be trusted with a teensy bit of information. Yes, I understand they can't honestly pinpoint a day and date - software slips, we all now that - but 'soon' in a child's eyes is in the next ten minutes; 'soon' for a kalahari bushtribesman might mean summer.

I think it would be nice to give us some sort of adult timescale: "We're realistically hoping to hit beta in the next four weeks, but if any problems occur that could easily extend to six."

See? Not frickin' hard. I could live with that. I'm an adult - unbelievably, I can manage my own expectations.

Sheesh.

I would assume it's less a matter of trust than a matter of internal knowlege of timelines. Let's assume Chilton expects UB to be ready with it's mac-specific features in 4 weeks. But then he's got to continue to include the updates sent to him by core devs and make those updates UB friendly. So if that's true, he's continually porting and devs are continually developing, causing him to be continually porting.

That to say, I suspect Chilton himself don't have any more of a time scale that he can specify than 'soon'. So to get a timeline, you'd need to be inquiring of someone with an overview of the workings of the entire dev process. Jay maybe?

This is all speculation, of course. I've no inside knowlege of the workings of NT.

munky
02-07-2007, 04:32 AM
Hi there,

this press release says March 07...........but!

http://www.newtek.com/news/releases/01-09-07.html

regards

paul

mike_stening
02-07-2007, 04:36 AM
which is why we are getting itchy fingers again as there was to be a UB OB, and if it is to be released in time for march then beta testing the UB needs to start very soon (sorry used that word again) or things are just not going to get a good test and i'd imagine the main OB will finish soon :D maybe we have to wait for the main one to finish soon before the UB starts soon maybe i know nothing:thumbsup:

Phil
02-07-2007, 05:19 AM
which is why we are getting itchy fingers again as there was to be a UB OB, and if it is to be released in time for march then beta testing the UB needs to start very soon (sorry used that word again) or things are just not going to get a good test and i'd imagine the main OB will finish soon :D maybe we have to wait for the main one to finish soon before the UB starts soon maybe i know nothing:thumbsup:

I'm very keen to see UB LW - just as long as it is done correctly and its initial OB appearance causes more cheers than sobs. I'd imagine that the internal beta folks are giving the UB as good a hammering as they can manage; 'soon' is probably under constant evaluation as breakage is identified and sorted out.

I remain surprised that NewTek put a date on release of UB, really. Hopefully they have learnt from previous debacles^Werrors^Woverconfidence and we will see an on-time shipment.

For me, UB is important because Fiber Factory 4 will then appear for it (#include "fanfare.h"). We should also see an explosion in the number of Mac developers for LW due to the availability of XCode out-of-the-box on that platform.

Chilton
02-07-2007, 09:45 AM
Hi,

The biggest reason the UB isn't in Open Beta yet, as suggested a few times earlier, is that it's a bit of a moving target.

As features are added, old things break. The old things are fixed or removed, and that clears the way for other features. So why did we change so many things in the UB version? It's simple--they didn't work right, or there was a better way to do them. You'll see what I mean soon enough.

I know, right now you're saying that you'd like us to stop adding features and get the product out the door. And that's the general consensus on the development team as well. New feature additions have been suspended while we fix up the known bugs.

When I say, 'soon', I mean that what we need to have in place by the time this goes to open beta is a lack of known crashing bugs, support for the things we've promised, and a lack of any other obvious bugs. A few weeks ago, there were a few unfinished features we'd promised that we could deliver on, so they were added. But any cool-new-whizbang things that aren't in the product by now, won't go into the product for this release, or will be added during Open Beta.

Most (probably >90%) of the work specific to the Mac version has been on the Mach-O side, which is being developed in parallel to the Open Beta product as it currently stands. In other words, the advances you're seeing in the Open Beta now are already in the Mach version.

So as soon as we nail the current list of bugs...

Of course, that's not my call--Chuck and Jay are the only people who can officially decide when it's ready. And I know they're both really anxious to see this in the wild.

-Chilton

Tartiflette
02-07-2007, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the reply, Chilton !

Fair enough.

Although the wait for this UB is beginning to be very very very long, and those who are testing the OpenBeta on Intel Macs know what it is to test features at 1/3 the "real" render speed ! It's extremely frustrating... :devil:

Ok, i'm done ranting and thanks again for the head-up ! :)

Regards,

mike_stening
02-07-2007, 09:55 AM
+1
cheers chilton:thumbsup:

Darth Mole
02-07-2007, 02:29 PM
Thanks Chilton. That's a pretty good response and very much appreciated. If the UB wasn't something Mac users weren't so desperate to see, you'd have much less grief from us - but on the upside, you'll have our undying gratitude.

Assuming it's not a bag of sh!te :)

harlan
02-07-2007, 03:15 PM
word! ;)

Meshbuilder
02-08-2007, 03:55 AM
In other words, the advances you're seeing in the Open Beta now are already in the Mach version.-Chilton

Does this mean the UB version that is coming "soon" will be based on 9.2 and not on 9.0?

Kuzey
02-08-2007, 04:01 AM
So as soon as we nail the current list of bugs...

-Chilton

Since, I can't use LW9 yet I'm not that much in a hurry to see it out there :hey:

Btw. what is a "current list of bugs" mean in the real world:

a/ less the five

b/ a hand full

c/ two bites of a very large pizza

Keep up the great work :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Kuzey

Tartiflette
02-08-2007, 04:04 AM
Does this mean the UB version that is coming "soon" will be based on 9.2 and not on 9.0?
It will for sure !

However as the .x upgrades from Newtek are free, it's not big deal.

Regards,

masterjedi
02-13-2007, 09:56 PM
OK... any updates. I had the windows partition on my MBP crash half a dozen times last night while working a scene and I want to be back in OSX... :)

... I think I am developing a nervous twich from using XP...

:(

avkills
02-13-2007, 10:50 PM
OK... any updates. I had the windows partition on my MBP crash half a dozen times last night while working a scene and I want to be back in OSX... :)

... I think I am developing a nervous twich from using XP...

:(

I know exactly how you feel. Although my Bootcamp XP partition has probably been the best windows box I've used. ;)

Windows is so irritating to use.

-mark

jamiedixxon
02-15-2007, 01:54 PM
I assume this statement insures it IS going to be available at some point:

"BTW, I just want to remind all of you that participating in the Open Beta programs for Universal and LightWave v9.2 is as simple as downloading the latest version from your profile in the NewTek registration system."

from: http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/newsletters/v4-n01/index.html

Access to the Beta was a major reason for purchasing a license now instead of waiting until March... It was a bit of a surprise to see that it was not (in fact) available!

John the Geek
02-15-2007, 02:16 PM
Access to the Beta was a major reason for purchasing a license now instead of waiting until March... It was a bit of a surprise to see that it was not (in fact) available!

ditto.

<?php

$soon = $_GET['responce_from_NewTek'];

if ($soon == "3 more weeks") {
$customer_responce = "Cranky";
}
else if ($soon == "Tomorrow") {
$customer_responce = "Happy";
}

echo 'Customer is ' . $customer_responce;

?>

John the Geek
02-15-2007, 02:23 PM
I knew I should have checked my syntax... I spelled response wrong.

=(

Lightwolf
02-15-2007, 02:39 PM
I knew I should have checked my syntax... I spelled response wrong.

You were consistent though, so the code is valid ;)

Cheers,
Mike

wellsichris
02-21-2007, 10:47 AM
Well we have one week left of feb. then march, "NewTek, Inc., manufacturer of industry-leading 3D animation and video products, today announced that the Universal version of LightWave 3D® will be available in March 2007. " Granted they have until the end of march, but it seems the beta needs to get going soon if we are to get the final release in a month.

Now I love lightwave and will continue to use it on my personal stuff, However my boss and coworkers aren't in the same situations. we have lots of mac pros and a mac pipeline that is making life right now extremely difficult.

During siggraph I made sure my boss new about the demo of a universal binary, while maya had nothing. and we talked to maya and they said they, "had no plans" now maya has a universal, and lightwave several months later has nothing. Actually everyone is trying to get me to switch to cinema4D. they setup the network render soution for cinema 4D no problem, and I had to just hang my head in shame. both because of no universal binary, but also they have seen what a pain it is to get screamernet working.

I am a fanboy of lightwave and this is the first post I have commenting on the lateness that has become standard newtek policy. I only voice my concern because I really don't want to have to switch what I work on at work. And my boss is really questioning my dedication to lightwave. so please, please get this in beta.

Chris

p.s. if you want to see some of the work that I have done in lightwave check.

http://www.chriswellsfx.com/Demo.html

if you have the bandwidth do the large version.
most was modeled by interns in maya, then I did final model and layout fixes, and everything else in lightwave.

dsol
02-21-2007, 11:01 AM
but also they have seen what a pain it is to get screamernet working

With a mac-based render farm, Screamernet Commander makes setting up network rendering pretty painless. Sorry to keep on harping on about it, but it's a **** good bit of software. Chilton (or was it Jay?) mentioned that one of their next priorities - as soon as they get the UB and 9.2 out the door - is fixing screamernet. Which would be nice :)

wellsichris
02-21-2007, 11:34 AM
yeah, we actually have renderfarm commander, but it keeps messing up, like now for somereason it will render old scenes I setup months ago but none of the new ones. I have tried everything, may have to contact...I can't remember his name, though rumor has it, he's working these days on other things so probably won't release any new updates, aka universal binary :(

chris,

John the Geek
02-21-2007, 11:59 AM
Chilton was the one who mentioned he'd like to give LWSN some attention once the UB build was out the door. But it wasn't official and things can change quickly.

I hope it's true though. I'd like to see LWSN become much more reliable.

Chilton
02-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Hi guys,

LWSN will get my undivided attention as soon as we get to Open Beta, if not before then. I plan on fixing some bugs in it prior to Open Beta, but I don't know if I'll be able to wrap in the whole Rendezvous/Bonjour stuff I wanted to. At the very least though, any known bugs will be fixed.

-Chilton

Chilton
02-21-2007, 01:08 PM
Hi Chris,

I am a fanboy of lightwave and this is the first post I have commenting on the lateness that has become standard newtek policy. I only voice my concern because I really don't want to have to switch what I work on at work. And my boss is really questioning my dedication to lightwave. so please, please get this in beta.

I hope we are setting the bar pretty high for this product when it does go to Open Beta. It is extremely close, and has been for some time now. Unfortunately, it's just not ready yet, as of now, 12:33PM on Feb 21st. Keep in mind that this is not just a port from CodeWarrior to XCode, it's largely a rewrite (of the Mac layer) at this point. The version we had running last summer was the port, but it's really our intent to deliver something spectacular.

p.s. if you want to see some of the work that I have done in lightwave check.

http://www.chriswellsfx.com/Demo.html

if you have the bandwidth do the large version.
most was modeled by interns in maya, then I did final model and layout fixes, and everything else in lightwave.

Some fine work! We'd like to keep you around ;-)

-Chilton

harlan
02-21-2007, 02:58 PM
Thanks for keeping us posted, Chilton, I think it really helps keep us calm. ;)

harlan
02-21-2007, 02:59 PM
Oh, and thanks for all the hard work on the new Mac version... we really appreciate it. Can't wait to see it.

medicalart
02-22-2007, 11:57 AM
When I called Newtek I was told that after you download the 9.2 beta, you can request to be among the Universal Beta testers. I have yet to try this myself.

scabooba
02-22-2007, 01:19 PM
I haven't called yet but I'm gonna take a shot in the dark that you cannot get the universal beta now. I'm sure they just meant you'll be included in the beta testing when it's available, along with every other open beta tester. Besides the way I see it, there is NO universal beta right now only a universal Alpha and when Chilton says it's ready for Beta it will be, to all the beta testers.

Jirapong
02-23-2007, 06:43 PM
As I know form the forum, there will be UB beta available for users who registed for beta first before the final release that nobody knows when.

For the time being, I just download new version of Blender3D, UB version! It works very well, much more stable than 9.0 that I can not use it because of constantly crashed!

I believe I would feel comfortable with Blender by the time LW UB version availabel. Also, I feel simpathy fof my own idiot to pay $495 for an upgrade that doen't work and need to be a beta tester for $495 I paid.

Why not Blender? Free?, Stable?, UB?, sclupt tools?, composte tool?

J,

avkills
02-23-2007, 10:59 PM
As I know form the forum, there will be UB beta available for users who registed for beta first before the final release that nobody knows when.

For the time being, I just download new version of Blender3D, UB version! It works very well, much more stable than 9.0 that I can not use it because of constantly crashed!

I believe I would feel comfortable with Blender by the time LW UB version availabel. Also, I feel simpathy fof my own idiot to pay $495 for an upgrade that doen't work and need to be a beta tester for $495 I paid.

J,

9 has been ultra stable on my G5, after disabling the Hub.

-mark

Mr Maze
02-23-2007, 11:38 PM
Well I use Lightwave 9 win32 at work and have Lightwave 9 on my Intel iMac and all I can say is that it is usable on the windows machine and terrible on my mac. However I have a friend with a G5 and he doesn't seem to have any problems...

Tartiflette
02-24-2007, 02:13 AM
LightWave have been pretty stable for me on the Mac, even on a MacIntel (i own a MacBookPro...)
I can even say that the 9.2 OpenBeta has been rock solid since the beginning of this cycle.

However, i wouldn't mind having the UB to see at least LightWave render at full throttle !

I'm pretty sure we are close to see it, though ! Or would i say i hope so ? :D

Regards,

jeremyhardin
02-24-2007, 02:36 AM

J,
Yep. I feel sympathy for a hobbyist that pays for a toy when a free one will be more than enough for him.

Try to crank out a photorealistic project with blender at lightning speed...or have a career with Blender though...and you'll be hard pressed to find continual work.

Jirapong
02-24-2007, 11:53 AM
You guys seem to be lucky. All Mac stations are unstable and we all know the hub is one of the problems.

Yep we are know that we are hobbyist for LW because we are Licensed Architect and professionally trained who focusing on the design and real built environment not just a nice looking renderings or animation and call. we call those things are hobbyists for us that found the real built environment world is too much for them and just want to be GOD in their own dream.

J,

Sarford
02-24-2007, 03:24 PM
=Jirapong

we call those things are hobbyists for us that found the real built environment world is too much for them and just want to be GOD in their own dream.

J,

I wish we could say that of the real world architects, yet they spoil the earth with their nightmares, they don't just wanna be god, they realy believe they are!

I feel better now :)

ps: no, I don't work in archviz

John the Geek
02-24-2007, 04:46 PM
Is this thing Universal yet? I wanna see flames rising from my Mac Pro as it renders so fast. So far it's barely smoldering.

Can I get a partial-refund from Apple for all of this unused potential?

TomT
02-24-2007, 10:35 PM
My quad is smoking with a number of apps, but not with stuff from NT.

Killing Hub makes 9 passable, but the main advantage for me on LW was fPrime, which is incomplete and a little flaky at best on 9. Here's hoping for a UB 9 and a fPrime combo sometime in the future, but I haven't heard boo from Worley since the joint statement back when LW 9 finally shipped.

UB SaS also seems to be in silent mode. Hopefully Worley will recompile that with Xcode soon after UB 9 is released.

Jirapong
02-24-2007, 11:05 PM
Sarford, sorry if it insulted you. That is the reason why I never say I build the buildings but the environment instead.

Ones are always being experts on ones, while, being hobbyist in the others. As I said, I am hobbyist for LW because photo realistic is not my main goal. We use it for 3D visualization in design process and the interface of LW, divided into two help us a lot. Our goal is at the end of the day, the team stand there at the projects and feel good there will success in bringing all things, everyone ideas and expectation into realistic based on numerous conditions of real world, economy, time, technology. For us, it is the process the more valuable and interesting.
LW was used to work great in our last project that we spent barely 6 year to complete. HUB feature was benefit to us, we can work on small details but at the same time updated and can look at the bigger picture. It is only now that we upgraded our hardware but LW still not there yet. We can not afford any interruption during the process. So, we are looking and trying a numbers of tools. Sure if UB version show soon enough, we still have the other new projects for it. But if it was dragged to long we might get comfortable in the other tools.

Only amateurs believe they are the expert.

J.

Sarford
02-25-2007, 08:45 AM
No offence taken Jirapong :) but thank you

Darth Mole
02-26-2007, 01:57 AM
Chilton... are we nearly there yet?

Chilton
02-26-2007, 10:46 AM
Yes. Very very extremely near.

mike_stening
02-26-2007, 10:53 AM
a.k.a 'soon' :thumbsup:

Darth Mole
02-26-2007, 11:15 AM
What about now? Are we nearly there NOW?

Oh, ffs... just post the [email protected] beta. We know it'll have bugs - we'll play for a day or two during which time you can kill the last remaining bugs you were doing anyway. Deal?

paul summers
02-26-2007, 11:50 AM
Come on "Out With It" assss to Soon.

noiseboy
02-26-2007, 01:52 PM
and then once the UB is out then we can all start screaming at the third party developers to get their UB versions out as well, just how many of them have committed to producing a UB version? and how many plugins do you rely on now won't work with the UB version.. not Newteks fault. just a thought, I'm still waiting for a Mac OS X version of Macromedia 3d extreme.

Darth Mole
02-26-2007, 02:00 PM
Yeah, the reality of the UB has suddenly dawned on me too. I have about a dozen commercial plug-ins that I like and use, and I reckon less than half will be ported to the UB codebase :-(

I'll lose Napalm, Impact 3, anything by Evasion (they've sort of given up on LW). It's a pain because it means keeping the old non-UB version hanging around.

Lightwolf
02-26-2007, 02:13 PM
...just how many of them have committed to producing a UB version?
:dance: waves hands....

Cheers,
Mike

noiseboy
02-26-2007, 02:21 PM
Thanks Mike for the hand..so that's at least one then...a good start. Darth, like you I still have and occasionally break out Impact, Perhaps we can persuade Dave Vrba to recode these plug ins since he's on the team anyway (I suspect the underlying physics engine would be the problem though). Impact is sort of broken anyway with LW9, the colour scheme is up the spout.

Colin

Darth Mole
02-26-2007, 03:06 PM
Yeah - but just switch to the 'Olive' colour scheme. It's still useable.

Chilton
02-26-2007, 03:29 PM
Thanks Mike for the hand..so that's at least one then...a good start. Darth, like you I still have and occasionally break out Impact, Perhaps we can persuade Dave Vrba to recode these plug ins since he's on the team anyway (I suspect the underlying physics engine would be the problem though). Impact is sort of broken anyway with LW9, the colour scheme is up the spout.

Colin

Contact DR and let them know you're interested.

-Chilton

Darth Mole
02-26-2007, 03:43 PM
Done.

(Are we nearly there yet?)

noiseboy
02-26-2007, 03:55 PM
Contact DR and let them know you're interested.

-Chilton
hmm well the last time I tried to contact DR was February 2006 when I had to change to a duo dongle and change the activation codes. Dave Vrba helped me out then but I have had no reply since then from Andy Frerking, I'm still waiting for the codes for the PC side of things. Anyway I won't be holding my breath over that one. Its not a big issue really since most plugins are offered for both platforms on one license and all I would have to do is reboot the Intel Mac into Windows to carry on, and keep my G5 for legacy stuff.

Cheers

Colin
PS Darth, The Olive scheme doesn't make alot of difference to me, I still can't see the numbers in the data entry fields without clicking in them..Oh well

toby
02-26-2007, 04:39 PM
Bart: Are we there yet?
Homer: Just a little further.

John the Geek
02-26-2007, 05:43 PM
Are we there yet, Papa Smurf?

masterjedi
02-26-2007, 05:49 PM
At the risk of you turning the car around and taking us back home...

Are we there yet?!

:)

-MJ

frostywd
02-26-2007, 11:24 PM
I think Clilton is just waiting for "Is it ready?" question number 454. Then he will release the UB thats been in the can for almost 2 whole months. He just likes the attention.

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

What a tease!

I know what your up to Chilton ... sneaky sneaky!

3dworks
02-27-2007, 04:20 AM
maybe we need just to pronunce the magic words to let the UB out of the lamp? ;)

markus

Yacomo
02-27-2007, 04:43 AM
maybe we need just to pronunce the magic words to let the UB out of the lamp? ;)

markus
Please? http://www.www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/frech/e025.gif

mike_stening
02-27-2007, 04:59 AM
pretty please with a cherry on top :D

Darth Mole
02-27-2007, 07:02 AM
Chilton - is it today? Will the UB OB be released today? Will it? Eh? Eh? Will it?

Today?

John the Geek
02-27-2007, 07:08 AM
Anybody know any good jokes to pass the time?

Darth Mole
02-27-2007, 07:15 AM
I bet it's today.

dsol
02-27-2007, 08:35 AM
Anybody know any good jokes to pass the time?

Q. Why did the Newtek Mac Developer cross the road.

A. To escape the screaming crowds clamouring for the sodding UB

Darth Mole
02-27-2007, 09:21 AM
Q: How many programmers does it take to make a decent version of LightWave for the Mac?

A: Six. Five to [email protected] it up, leave NewTek and start Luxology; One to tidy up the stinking mess they left behind.

eblu
02-27-2007, 09:24 AM
while funny, thats unfair. to all parties. esp. end users. :P

Darth Mole
02-27-2007, 09:36 AM
No sh!t. I've upgraded every version of LW since 5.6.

John the Geek
02-27-2007, 09:44 AM
It's nice to see a Mac version treated like an actual product and not just an afterthought or an exception to the norm. There is no doubt in my mind that people like Chilton and Jay genuinely care about improving our user experience. That's rare in software development anyway, so we're very lucky.

Now we just need more patience.

Darth Mole
02-27-2007, 09:58 AM
It's nice to see a Mac version treated like an actual product and not just an afterthought or an exception to the norm. There is no doubt in my mind that people like Chilton and Jay genuinely care about improving our user experience. That's rare in software development anyway, so we're very lucky.

Quoted for agreement.

CAClark
02-27-2007, 10:16 AM
Given the stage that the PC OB version is at, there is not that much OB time left, and I can only say I am dissappointed that the UB version is still being held back from Open Beta. Especially given the apparent solid status of the current internal beta version. Still, NT are not adverse to harming themselves rather than helping the customer.

Cheers!

Darth Mole
02-27-2007, 10:38 AM
But no-one said that the UB has to go RC at the same time as the existing oBs. And how do you know the current internal beta version is 'solid'?

Chilton
02-27-2007, 10:53 AM
Hi,

Right now, some of the bugs that remain are of the 'serious enough' nature that they need to be fixed. But they are being fixed, and very rapidly.

-Chilton

eblu
02-27-2007, 01:17 PM
No sh!t. I've upgraded every version of LW since 5.6.

ditto.

scabooba
02-27-2007, 01:35 PM
Chilton couldn't we atleast get a "not today" post every morning. It'll keep me and I'm sure countless others from refreshing our browsers every 15 minutes all day everyday to see if its out yet.

Chilton
02-27-2007, 01:38 PM
Hi guys,

NOT TODAY. However, you should check the forums anyway, because it's a good habit to be in.

-Chilton

harlan
02-27-2007, 02:19 PM
lol!!

poor chilton!! ;)

Darth Mole
02-27-2007, 02:38 PM
'Poor' Chilton? He's an evil tormentor. I imagine.

scabooba
02-27-2007, 03:39 PM
thanks Chilton wasn't actually expecting that! and yeah we're all going to give you a hard time until UB is out, but it's been really great having a mac fan from newtek communicate with us so thank you. my macbook pro is going to love you "soon" i'm sure.

CAClark
02-28-2007, 09:11 AM
But no-one said that the UB has to go RC at the same time as the existing oBs. And how do you know the current internal beta version is 'solid'?

Because I do.

Given that the UB version is going to essentially be as LW windows, for it to be at the late stage of OB it is, it doesn't leave long for NT to keep a semblence of uniformity by having all platforms go at the same time. While it would not be the end of the world, it would be untidy and disjointed for the UB to go gold at a different time to the Windows/PPC platform.

IMO.

Kurtis
02-28-2007, 09:16 AM
We've always stated that the Universal version won't be a public release until after the public release of LightWave v9.2. That plan hasn't changed.

amigo
02-28-2007, 11:35 AM
Huh Kurtis? I thought from what I read in PRs that UB release would coincide with the overall release of 9.2 (so win/mac UB at the same time) in March '07?

Did I see what I wanted to see or did something change in the mean time in the release schedule? :)

Kurtis
02-28-2007, 11:43 AM
LightWave v9.2 was originally scheduled to be released to the public before March 2007. However, due to the incredible feedback we're received through the Open Beta program, that has been pushed back somewhat.

LightWave Universal was always planned as a March public release, regardless of the release schedule of LightWave v9.2.

masterjedi
02-28-2007, 12:39 PM
... Tomorrow is March ...

John the Geek
02-28-2007, 01:11 PM
We've always stated that the Universal version won't be a public release until after the public release of LightWave v9.2. That plan hasn't changed.

Huh?

I can't recall ever reading that before this moment. Mind you, I've never read that it would coincide either, we just presumed, but I don't think it was ever public knowledge that it would not be the same release date as 9.2 that I am aware of.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Darth Mole
02-28-2007, 01:29 PM
@ CAClark: Nyer.

Kurtis
02-28-2007, 01:39 PM
Huh?

I can't recall ever reading that before this moment. Mind you, I've never read that it would coincide either, we just presumed, but I don't think it was ever public knowledge that it would not be the same release date as 9.2 that I am aware of.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I know it's been discussed before, but I don't have any specific links. Regardless, as I said, Universal has only ever been announced as a March release, and v9.2 in general was planned originally slotted for an earlier date than it will have now. Remember that Universal still has yet to enter Open Beta and go through that process, while v9.2 has been there for a while and is now nearing the end of that process.

Kurtis
02-28-2007, 01:40 PM
... Tomorrow is March ...

So is Saturday March 31. :D

masterjedi
02-28-2007, 01:58 PM

DOH!!! :jester:

harlan
02-28-2007, 02:37 PM

testy... testy... ;)

amigo
02-28-2007, 07:42 PM

Touche!

CAClark
03-01-2007, 03:17 AM
@ CAClark: Nyer.

What?

CAClark
03-01-2007, 03:25 AM
9.2 is late because OB has provided you with so many bugs to fix that you are later than expected. MASSIVE numbers of thos ebugs were proper 'schoolboy errors'.

So what's with the internal Beta testers? Can't you just run the whole thing OB from the start, because it sure seemed the IB program was missing some blatant stuff. Maybe then schedules would be less problematic.

The whole OB program does little to improve the 'impression' of newtek, other than you are at least trying. Something that has to be acknowledged in all fairness.

It isn't all bad, a lot of ground is being made up, even if a fair amount of ground is lost as the other vendors continue their development.

Additionally, while it occurs to me, and I think this may have been asked before..... but the UB will supercede the PPC build that is in OB now? Does that make the OB from the point of the PPC build currently null and void?

Cheers!

noiseboy
03-01-2007, 04:25 AM
Good point Craig, I imagine that the PPC version will be around for a while until sufficient 3rd party plugs are ported across, or is the PPC code that we are using now in the OB just part of the Universal Binary already and Chilton "just" needs to tick the "compile universal binary box", not that I have any clue to programming any more complex than my alarm clock.

Colin

Darth Mole
03-01-2007, 05:51 AM
Apart from needing to use some legacy plug-ins, I'll be happy to drop the old Codewarrior build like a hot rock. I think it will die a pretty swift death when the UB is out.

Gooniemikey
03-01-2007, 06:59 AM
How can we become a part of Open Beta with Newtek. I've been away from Lightwave for a while, but started using back on the Amiga and stayed with it up to version 6. I have been wanting to get back into LW, but I have all intel-based macs....so, like the rest of you, I've been waiting patiently for the UB version to come out. I would, however, like to be able to test the open beta. Will it be available to the public? Or, is there a way to get involved?

Darth Mole
03-01-2007, 07:16 AM
You'll need to upgrade to v9.0. Do that, and you're in.

Gooniemikey
03-01-2007, 07:24 AM
I actually don't have a working version of LW right now. The last one I bought was like 5.5, for windows. This was before the software was dual OS on the same disc. I have been waiting to purchase until there is a version that I can use on my MacBook Pro.

And, when I buy, I will actually getting the education pricing version. If I purchased the current version, will the UB upgrade be free later? And will LW work at all under Rosetta on an Intel mac?

BazC
03-01-2007, 07:29 AM
Additionally, while it occurs to me, and I think this may have been asked before..... but the UB will supercede the PPC build that is in OB now? Does that make the OB from the point of the PPC build currently null and void?

I believe Chilton said that they want the UB version tested alongside the current PPC version to compare bugs.

Kuzey
03-01-2007, 07:42 AM
And, when I buy, I will actually getting the education pricing version. If I purchased the current version, will the UB upgrade be free later? And will LW work at all under Rosetta on an Intel mac?

Yes...the UB will be free but it'll still be an education version.

Yes....the current version will work under Rosetta.

Kuzey

harlan
03-01-2007, 11:58 AM
Yes....the current version will work under Rosetta.

Yup.. it will work under Rosetta, but I don't know that I'd consider it 'usable' under Rosetta. Running LW on the PPC is the only stable way to run it on the Mac right now, obviously that'll change when the UB ships.

eblu
03-01-2007, 01:16 PM
... Running LW on the PPC is the only stable way to run it on the Mac right now, obviously that'll change when the UB ships...

we hope! BD sorry devs, had to take the shot, the net was open!

Chuck
03-01-2007, 05:25 PM
9.2 is late because OB has provided you with so many bugs to fix that you are later than expected. MASSIVE numbers of thos ebugs were proper 'schoolboy errors'.

Mac Universal was not planned to ship when v9.2 shipped and has not affected the v9.2 schedule. What did affect the v9.2 schedule was user feedback in Open Beta that it was time to bite the bullet and get radically better radiosity to the users. We elected to respond to that and extend the v9.2 schedule.

TomT
03-01-2007, 06:06 PM
So what UB version is shipping in March?

A production version of LW 9.0 Universal Binary?
9.x UB Open Beta?
9.2 UB Open Beta?
9.2 UB Production?

Confused . . .8~

Chilton
03-01-2007, 07:32 PM
Hi Tom,

I think, of your options, I'd say 9.2 will go to Open Beta in March. Since the 9.2 specific bugs are mostly addressed now, the cycle for the UB Open Beta will likely be shorter. Right now it's a bit of a race as the 'normal' 9.2 Open Beta is wrapping up at the same time our preparations of UB for Open Beta are wrapping up. There might be some overlap.

-Chilton

Darth Mole
03-05-2007, 01:06 PM
Are we nearly there yet?

avkills
03-05-2007, 02:02 PM
Now?

;)

-mark

Darth Mole
03-05-2007, 02:17 PM
Now is March...

masterjedi
03-05-2007, 10:42 PM
Please let it be soon. I installed my UB copy of Maya and now the only missing piece is LW... I am so close to finishing the day without spending hours scrubbing myself to get the dirt of WinXP off of me... I scrub and scrub but it doesn't come clean! Why won't it come off?! Please help me! It won't come off!!!

... uh... sorry... was that a little over the top?

-MJ

Meshbuilder
03-06-2007, 01:34 AM
Chilton,

Today the IK speed is dead slow on Mac. Can we expect the UB version to have the same IK speed as the PC version?

Darth Mole
03-06-2007, 02:07 AM
Please let it be soon. I installed my UB copy of Maya and now the only missing piece is LW... I am so close to finishing the day without spending hours scrubbing myself to get the dirt of WinXP off of me... I scrub and scrub but it doesn't come clean! Why won't it come off?! Please help me! It won't come off!!!

Try taking a shower and then rubbing yourself all over with an OS X install disc. In a pinch, an old OS 9 disc will do.

harlan
03-06-2007, 10:12 AM
I try not to rub myself in the shower... otherwise I'd be in there all day. ;)

maxov
03-06-2007, 02:24 PM
Now ?????

chris

Kurtis
03-06-2007, 02:30 PM
I try not to rub myself in the shower... otherwise I'd be in there all day. ;)

Well, someone has a high opinion of himself. :D

John the Geek
03-06-2007, 02:34 PM
http://www.john7.com/media/universal.jpg

Chuck
03-06-2007, 04:52 PM
Now ?????

chris

Now. :beerchug:

(If you are in Open Beta, you might want to go take a look in Registration.)

Chuck
03-06-2007, 05:45 PM
Moved the question about the license key issue to the new Mac Universal Worskhop area in the Open Beta section.

BazC
03-07-2007, 03:29 AM
A big, BIG thanks from me!:beerchug:

Sarford
03-07-2007, 09:01 AM
:o ************** -- OOps, I just realised I can't say that

Thanks NewTek, Chilton and the rest!
Although I don't have an intel mac I'm happy to leave the PPC version behind!

Chilton
03-07-2007, 10:21 AM
The Universal Binary is faster than the PPC version, across the board. Your G4 and G5 investments are safe, and this update will be a highly recommended one for all v9 users.

-Chilton

Ambival
03-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Hurray for Chilton!

LightGhost
03-07-2007, 06:10 PM
chilton,how can i install the license key? it doesn't come with a register lightwave app.i tried using the one in lightwave 9 but when i start modeler it doesn't see the license.

Ambival
03-07-2007, 07:22 PM
Hmmm... I'm actually having the same problem. I thought maybe it needed a new license key but for some reason I can't enter a new dongle key in the registration center for Mac (it's set to a wrong one now). When I run the app, I get License Key Not Found... odd.

Ambival
03-07-2007, 07:29 PM
Ah.. it does seem to be listed in the other forum. Will check there. Thanks.

jchaney01
03-12-2007, 01:41 PM
Moved the question about the license key issue to the new Mac Universal Worskhop area in the Open Beta section.

I've been unable to get the UB version to see the license key....where is this forum....don't see a section titled "Open Beta"....there's no search button to find "Mac Universal Workshop"...any idea how to get it to work?

NTComm
03-12-2007, 02:17 PM
http://www.newtek.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=185

jchaney01
03-12-2007, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the URL. Any idea where to find a thread with a solution?

Kurtis
03-12-2007, 07:16 PM
There are several threads about this if you look in the Mac Universal Workshop section Chuck mentioned.

John the Geek
03-12-2007, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the URL. Any idea where to find a thread with a solution?

Since not all dongles are working with the UB yet, for some users there is no solution yet.

NTComm
03-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Members of the staff participating in the Open Beta forums will be better able to answer this directly. Either way though, this part of this discussion needs to be moved to the Open Beta forums and kept there. This is covered under the NDA you agreed to.