PDA

View Full Version : Emitter issues

Peteschuermann
01-20-2007, 01:26 PM
I need a steady stream of particles shooting straight up, constant no matter where the emitter moves. Problem is, the emitter is parented to an object that has some quick moves, so the particles (not the emitter) that are generated in the space where the object began remain there and do not parent to the motion (the best way to visualize what I need is to think of the beam from a flashlight pointed skyward by a running man - the light continues to shoot upward).

Thoughts anyone?

dpont
01-20-2007, 02:21 PM
Not sure understand your effect...
"Parent motion" in the "Etc" tab,
is set to 100% by default, have you tried 0%?

Denis.

Peteschuermann
01-20-2007, 02:35 PM
Yeah, I tried that. Don't know why, but that doesn't work. The effect is for bubbles in a champagne glass. The emitter is place inside the glass so the bubbles go up. When the glass moves, so does the emitter, but the bubbles that have been generated stay where they were generated and continue going up in that initial start area.

Yup, I tried making the glass a collision object, but all kind of weird things happened (like not staying inside the glass and bouncing about crazily).

dpont
01-20-2007, 02:54 PM
Sometimes restarting with a very simple case (default values)
may help for fixing weird behavior.
If you parent emitter to a moved NULL and
Parent motion 100%, particle (and their path) must follow the NULL (right?)
at 0% particles keep their original path.
Note:
"World coordinate" in Motion tab may also alterate particle behavior.

Denis.

Peteschuermann
01-20-2007, 03:50 PM
Nothing works! AHHHH!! No matter what I try the particles stay where they were born and continue on their merry way. I appreciate you trying to help...

Lightwolf
01-20-2007, 04:15 PM
Try to save the particles, using a non-moving parent.
The set the Playback mode to "Key", the particles will now follow the movement of the parent item.

Cheers,
Mike

dpont
01-21-2007, 01:28 AM
...particles stay where they were born...
Yes, by default... Until you decrease the resistance and add some
motion or gravity ?

Denis.

dpont
01-21-2007, 09:26 AM

Denis.