PDA

View Full Version : Modeler v9 Takes for ever to come to life!

robbiesmith79
01-20-2007, 09:55 AM
Ok, be nice, this is my first post. I've only had Lightwave for all of 36 hours and have discovered some really neat things. For example, and I can't guarantee this link will remain good forever, but with WireFusion 4.1, I was able to pull this off: http://www.azuritedesign.com/StoneSpirit/3dmodels/FullBullnose/java_applets/ (left click to pan, right click to zoom, try changing textures)

Cool stuff, but when I switch applications between the Modeler (v9) and other things, returning to the Modeler just seems like it takes forever to "wake up" and respond to my commands. It's this the nature of the beast, or is my computer not adequate:

Dell XPS 410 Media Guru Edition
Windows XP Home Media PC Edition
250 GB Hard Drive
2 GB RAM (room for 2 more GB, which I'm seriously considering)
nVidia 7300 LE graphics card hooked up to 2 - 19" flat panel monitors.

Occasionally the Modeler will just die. Which from reading the posts, this is not exactly an uncommon event.

What do I need to do differently to stay productive here? :D

robbiesmith79
01-20-2007, 10:05 AM
I'm running a Intel(r) Dual Core(TM) 2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13 Ghz/2.13 Ghz

kopperdrake
01-20-2007, 10:48 AM
Some people say it's the hub causing the trouble. You need to disable it, though it's a bit more awkward if you've come to depend on the hub like I have. I can normally use it fine with no hang-ups but every now and again I need to resort to my special 'no-hub' versions of Layout & Modeler.

Just do a search on here for 'disabling hub' and I'm sure the process will turn up - it's fairly simple :)

Bog
01-20-2007, 12:18 PM
To disable the Hub, find the shortcut that runs Modeler, and add a -0 to the command line.

I had a thing with Modeler taking ages to start, though - deleting the configs (from C:\Documents and Settings\Username) sometimes helped.

Lottmedia
01-20-2007, 01:08 PM
Be that as it may, I would like for the software I've paid for to work properly. Mine has gone out again, for no aparent reason it now locks up on load. Take out dongle and starts up instantly in discovery. Do -0 and same thing. This is about the fifth time this has happened. I usually just reinstall the system because I'm tired of fooling with it. If 9.2 dosen't fx this I'm going to have some words for someone.....

Casey :cat:
(grumble,grumble,grumble...)

Sensei
01-20-2007, 01:52 PM
To fix LW9 hub issue without disabling hub open folder C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\ then delete LWHUB9.CFG file, or edit it so it doesn't have duplicated entries.. You can just copy'n'paste one good version of this file.. During operating on this file make sure no LightWave nor hub is running, because it overwrites it at the quitting..

prospector
01-20-2007, 09:50 PM
I think that Windows XP (which LW uses or is called for by Newtek) is different from yours? Not sure of the differences, but it must be different (hence the name), which may not be totally compatable.

Just a thought.

Aquilon
01-21-2007, 02:41 AM
try disabling your network connections, internet connections and the like ... works fine for me

bobakabob
01-21-2007, 06:08 AM
try disabling your network connections, internet connections and the like ... works fine for me

I'm running dual boot WinXp 32 (with Internet) / WinXp 64 (no Internet connection)

In XP64 bit Lightwave runs fine and the hub works perfectly! No Internet but then there are no distractions...

In XP 32 I experience a delay with LW firing up of approx 1 minute. Try disabling MSN and spending time configuring your firewall software. Many users warn against Norton, but works OK here. I had problems with iTunes and eventually deleted it from the system.

robbiesmith79
01-21-2007, 12:54 PM
Well.... You're going to hate me, but all I did was reboot my computer. And it appears to respond normally again.

guardonduty
01-21-2007, 03:01 PM
hahahahaha. Soooooooooo much for all the "High tech" advise slash comments. It's a shame, good software, companies, products, etc get beatup because users fail to follow basic steps.

creativecontrol
01-21-2007, 03:27 PM
This has been an ongoing issue with v9. For me the problem was Zone Alarm interfering with the Hub. I had to change firewalls. If you continue to have trouble, you might want to try different firewalls. I use Comodo now with no trouble.

dlbird
01-21-2007, 06:05 PM
hub always behave like that unless you tell hub not do that anymore.

first close modeler/layout/hub, especially
the hub, otherwise the hub will remodified your "modified" version of LWHUB9.CFG.

here is :

use notepad or any editor you like,open LWHUB9.CFG , find and delete all the duplicated entries.

the most IMPORTANT step is change the properties of LWHUB9.CFG to "READ ONLY" . this will prevent hub.exe from adding dup entried into this file.

that's it.

JMCarrigan
01-21-2007, 08:03 PM
I tried that suggestion about duplicate entries and read only for the Hub. Hope It works. I've been using LW without the hub for a week or two without a hitch. Except there's no Hub connection.

dlbird
01-23-2007, 12:08 AM
hope there wil be an "intergrated" version someday, yes, someday...........

Lottmedia
01-23-2007, 12:12 PM
Look, boys, it's not a matter of work-arounds. I don't want work-arounds, I want the software to work as intended. Is that too much to ask? Don't blame it on windows, don't blame it on Sentinel (they chose it, after all), don't blame it on some firewall. Saying it's windows fault is a cop out, if you're writing for windows then make it work on windows. People with just about every flavor of firewall or no firewall are having the problem, so you can't blame it on that. I don't want the "hold you mouse with you left hand while clicking with your right thumb...." solution, I just want the software I paid for to work how it is supposed to.

Sensei
01-23-2007, 12:30 PM
I would strongly suggest you to start programming.. Then you will have idea what you're talking about.. It's even hard to write 100 lines of code without fighting with issues with: Windows, compiler, DirectX, OpenGL, graphics card, sound card, network, LW SDK, multi-threading, etc etc.. Obviously everything works fine with programmer's machine (because it was the most tested, and found problems were squashed at early stage), but on your friend's machine it might not.. not to mention people on the second side of globe, having machines that you never imagined..

About firewall issue - every single app that downloads components, check app legacy, open about window from producent website, uses TCP/IP for transmition data, etc, etc, must have some issues with network..

And everybody have firewall these day, it's built-in Windows XP SP2.. After installing it's turned on, so it's easy to forget to disable/properly configure..

Lottmedia
01-23-2007, 08:36 PM
OK, I don't need to start programming, and that's just a silly cover-up at best. I buy a product, It should work. That's all. If I went to my customers with an incomplete product saying "well, if you knew how hard this was...." they would say that's why I'm paying u to do it! I absolutely hate it when someone tries that argument. This is why we have a society where everyone has a job specialization, so that each person doesn't have to know everything. Honestly.....

(can you see the tension....?)

JMCarrigan
01-24-2007, 08:46 AM
Amen and amen.

JMCarrigan
01-24-2007, 08:47 AM
Oh. I tried it, it worked for a minute. Back to no hub where things work fast, but of course - uh - no hub.

sbowling
01-27-2007, 07:24 PM
I found the best solution was to move to a different 3d program. No more issues with the hub or crappy CA or crashes, or any of that stuff. The only downside is that I occasionally still have to modify an old project that was done in LW.:thumbsdow

sbowling
01-27-2007, 07:32 PM
[QUOTE=Sensei]I would strongly suggest you to start programming.. Then you will have idea what you're talking about.. QUOTE]

That's quite possibly the lamest excuse for crappy programming I've ever read. Seriously! If you are not willing to take the blame for the problems in your software, you should probably not be programming.

You are one of the key reasons people love to laugh at the LW community.

sbowling
01-27-2007, 07:33 PM
Look, boys, it's not a matter of work-arounds. I don't want work-arounds, I want the software to work as intended. Is that too much to ask? Don't blame it on windows, don't blame it on Sentinel (they chose it, after all), don't blame it on some firewall. Saying it's windows fault is a cop out, if you're writing for windows then make it work on windows. People with just about every flavor of firewall or no firewall are having the problem, so you can't blame it on that. I don't want the "hold you mouse with you left hand while clicking with your right thumb...." solution, I just want the software I paid for to work how it is supposed to.

Very well said.

Cageman
01-27-2007, 07:40 PM
[QUOTE=Sensei]You are one of the key reasons people love to laugh at the LW community.

What!? Where, when? What did I miss?

Sensei
01-27-2007, 07:52 PM
That's quite possibly the lamest excuse for crappy programming I've ever read. Seriously! If you are not willing to take the blame for the problems in your software, you should probably not be programming.

Sometimes "problem with Lightwave (or any other app)" for end users is "compatibility problem with other app or system" for programmers..
You're putting the all problems into one bag, without even tring to understand them!

Example?
OpenGL drivers of ATI 9200 and maybe others from ATI and GeForce familly are not following OpenGL specifications and if there is code used like:

glBegin( GL_TRIANGLES );
glVertex3d( 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 );
glEnd();

crashes application and sometimes whole system..

According to OpenGL specs, the last vertex should be forgotten.. But on one system it's okay to have something like above, but on second - causes problems..

How above problem can be seen to end user? Working perfectly ok when triangles and quads are used, but occasional crashes when n-gons are used..

LOL..

prospector
01-27-2007, 09:05 PM
OK, I don't need to start programming, and that's just a silly cover-up at best. I buy a product, It should work. That's all.

So what hardware should Newtek program for?

Motherboards by MSI ? Nvidia?
Video cards by Nvidia...or ATI ?

because everyone is different, or else every speed test would come out exactly the same for every piece of hardware. And there are differences in the way different hardware interact so just what combination of Mobo,CPU,Vid card,sound card,chipset should they pick ?
If they could do that then LW could run flawlessly......untill someone wrote different code for any of the above, then ya takes yer chances again.

I haven't had problems with the hub since ver 8.5 once I figured out what was happening.

1. My computer, LW, Norton would not play nice...got rid of Norton and got another brand and all was fine.

2. Upgraded computer, and LW and firewall would not co-exist nicely...got another firewall and all was fine..and this time even Nortons could play nice.

I and plenty of others either have no or very seldom problems with the hub (as seen by poll somewhere else on the board), so when Newtek says all is fine, then I would tend to believe them, and would consider hardware or software combinations users that have problems to be at fault.

I find LW plays better on my AMD based computer than the Intell one, but others see the reverse is true.
I would put that to the results of Mobo CPU Ram combinations.

People would be really upset if Newtek took 1 Mobo,CPU,Ram,Vidcard setup, made LW run perfectly, and then said you had to buy only these parts to use LW and nothing else.

It doesn't take long to track down problems and correct them,

I've seen people here buy bleeding edge computer systems and then complain that LW doesn't work right when all the time it was drivers that were new and not correct.

Whose fault is that? Newteks?

colkai
01-28-2007, 03:57 AM
Guys, chill,
It's only Sam, if he didn't come in and take a sideswipe at LW and it's users once in a while, I don't think he feels his mission is complete.

As users though, we would expect LW to work with what we have, as without any technical knowledge, we can't be expected to understand things are not simple. Some of us with coding background can get this, it is an edge we have, that I think is what Sensei meant by learning to program, the complexity is only obvious if you've experienced it.

I mean, take Motionbuilder, (I'll use a different program to avoid LW whining, what's more it's by the "do no wrong" company ;) ), I can fire it up on a PC running a P3-550 with a Geforce FX5200 card under W2K and you know what, it can load a scene almost as fast as my home PC of AMD1800+ GeforceFX5200 card running Win2K.

Why? easy, techincal data for the AMD vs even a lowly P3-550, chip internals mean that the 1800+XP does NOT handle certain instructions that Motionbuilder 'prefers'.

On my works Laptop, (1.6Ghz centrino), it blows both machines out of the water.

So now, do I complain to the hial and almighty Autodesk that their product is "wrong", of course not, it's hardware / software related. The software is tuned for certain instruction sets, I don't have to like it, it just is.

What's more, this is the tip of the iceberg, as Prospector has said, there are a variety of problems running software and speaking as a coder, there is no way in Hades you can cater for all factors.

Simple rule of programming, cater to the majority, unless the minority is paying for specific changes. At work, we call it the 90% rule and seeing as I've been coding here now for 16 years and counting, I'd say it's working.

jaf
01-28-2007, 10:54 AM
[QUOTE=Sensei]I would strongly suggest you to start programming.. Then you will have idea what you're talking about.. QUOTE]

Wow, I learned something today. I always thought Microsoft used programmers to make their products. I guess we can blame all bad programming on Newtek since it's obvious MS couldn't write bad software. :D

Lottmedia
01-28-2007, 03:43 PM
Geeze, boys. Why don't we put away the rulers, ok? All excuses aside, the fact of the matter is that the software does not work as it should. That is the gist of the whole thread (and the upteen others on the exact same subject) Newtek seems intentionally oblivious to until they have a solution. We've got too many threads about this to have every one degrade into some type of slugfest

prospector
01-28-2007, 05:05 PM
It's not a slugfest... :)

the fact of the matter is that the software does not work as it should.
But for most it does.

So how should it work? or rather , how COULD it work with every possable combination of hardware and software?

What if Newtek fixes the hub now and some company comes along and uses the same ports that LW uses for thier firewall but writes the code so it won't get out of LWs way. We'd have people here saying that LW sucks and the hub should go, in the meantime it works great for everyone else who does not use that software for a firewall.
There are too many variables so like colkai says, you fix for the mass.

I fail to see how to place blame on any company that may have nothing to do with a problem with thier product. No matter the company OR product.

It was easy when all ya had was 1 brand mobo,videocard,soundcard,tcp/ip coding,OS...but gone are the days of the Amiga....and so diversity and choices bring problems to some.

I can't even use a packet writing software on any computer with Newtek stuff because when the OS (winXP or 2000) goes into computer check, it takes it's sweet time when it hits the CD checking to see if I am writing files to it. Which in turn freezes LW or the VT for a few sec.....Rather than blame Newtek and make them re-code for this 'problem', I just do without it.

But that's just me I guess.

heynewt
01-29-2007, 06:27 AM
Exact same thing happened to me back during the early days of LW 9. I uninstalled, deleted my configs, re-installed and Modeler popped in just like it was supposed to. Never did figure out what the problem was, but it works now.

If you have After Effects 7.0 you might run into the same problem. When it gets to the point, "initilizing OpenGL Interface", sometimes it stalls for 5 minutes. Solultion I found was to uninstall and re-install. Worked fine after that.

Robert

js33
01-29-2007, 05:36 PM
I too sometimes have hangs when trying to launch Modeler 9 from within Layout 9 but I also have 8.5 installed and it does not hang.

Lottmedia
01-29-2007, 10:59 PM
I too sometimes have hangs when trying to launch Modeler 9 from within Layout 9 but I also have 8.5 installed and it does not hang.

Exactly, 8.5 dosen't have the problem. I'm fairly sure everyone having the problem didn't experience it with 8.5, so blaming their configuration seems a little convenient to deflect blame.

On another note, all u not having the particular problem, chiming in with "well, I'm not having the problem..." is not exactly helpful. Trying to prove your computer is fabulous u can save for another day. Lets paraphrase mom here, If you dont have anything to say, don't say anything at all.

BTW, does this mean I'm not qualified to tell my car dealer the doors fell off since I haven't built a car myself?

(Mistress of an increasingly dark realm...)

Sande
01-30-2007, 04:18 AM
There are 4 installed Lightwave 9s in my office - only mine works with the hub active - then again my home install doesn't work with the hub and I've had to disable it there. So my personal experience is that hub doesn't work in 80% of cases.

I fail to see the point with all these excuses in this thread - we pay the price and I think we can expect working software. If the hub works with your computer, then fine and good for you - but coming here and claiming that there is nothing wrong with it or it isn't NewTek's fault doesn't help. There are so many reports of this hub-problem and it affects the workflow so much that it should be fixed. Now, please.

SCS5
01-30-2007, 04:30 AM
I too can't use the hub! Newtek PLEASE FIX THIS! It's killing my work-flow! I haven't been using v9 much because of this. Better yet add the modeling tools to layout you promised for v9!:confused:

Sensei
01-30-2007, 05:03 AM
I too can't use the hub! Newtek PLEASE FIX THIS! It's killing my work-flow! I haven't been using v9 much because of this. Better yet add the modeling tools to layout you promised for v9!:confused:

Restart computer, delete file C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\LWHUB9.CFG, and use LW9.0 for a week or a couple without slow downs at starting up.. The time it will work good depends on how often you're restarting machine..

Lottmedia
01-30-2007, 10:02 AM
Apparently we've established Sensei dosen't read anythign before posting. I'm not even sure how to address such behavior except to ignore it.

(Is this thing on....?)

prospector
01-30-2007, 02:20 PM
Sande has the perfect example
the hub DOES work as 1 computer runs fine.

As I have done here on all my computers, i had to go to the one that works and make sure ALL settings are the same on ALL computers as the one that's working.

So are there any same mobos? Same vid cards ? Same TCP/IP settings?
Same networking chips? Same bios settings?

If the hub was broke then it would run on no computers.

Oh, and sensei did read as he quoted

prospector
01-30-2007, 02:30 PM
The only absolute difference between computers that the hub works and those that don't are ????

All CDs with LW on them are the exact same...bit for bit..
the LW downloads are exactly the same for everyone...bit for bit

Cageman
01-30-2007, 03:12 PM
On another note, all u not having the particular problem, chiming in with "well, I'm not having the problem..." is not exactly helpful. Trying to prove your computer is fabulous u can save for another day. Lets paraphrase mom here, If you dont have anything to say, don't say anything at all.

It seems you have a big problem understanding that if the hub was really broke, it wouldn't function on ANY computer, would it? Blaming only NT seems somewhat immature, imho. You have to check out your hardware/software. An example:

I have a PCI-USB 2.0 card and also had an USB-hub that was connected to one of the ports. Suddenly WinXP couldn't recognize the USB-hub, and it didn't help switching ports. I connected the mouse to all the ports and it worked, but the USB-hub was dead. As I've installed a dual boot (WinXP and Win2k) I booted into Win2k and lo and behold.. the USB-hub worked in all ports. So, I booted into WinXP again only to find that the USB-hub wasn't working. For a long period, I would say 2-4 months I had my USB-hub laying in the closet. Today, I tried it again, and wtf... it works ok in WinXP. I have not done any re-install, I havn't done ANYTHING (at least what I can remember) so I have no clue to why the USB-hub just started to work again under WinXP.

Did I call the manufactures of the PCI-card and bitched about it? No...
Did I call the manufactures of the PCI-hub and bitched about it? No...

Why...?

Because I know that I would have to answer 200 questions about my system, and they would probably be as clueless as I am....

Bottom line... the combination of hardware and software REALLY makes a difference and I suggest you start looking there...

Cageman
01-30-2007, 03:15 PM
Ohh.. I almost forgot... Yesterday I got a new GFX-card. GeForce 7600GS. Before that I used a GeForce FX5700. Maybe that was the problem regarding my USB-Hub?

Sande
01-30-2007, 03:16 PM
Sande has the perfect example
the hub DOES work as 1 computer runs fine.

At first I thought you were joking. I kind of still hope so...
Do you really, really, think that the software is fine if it works even with just one computer? Seriously? You are having pretty low standards, aren't you...

Hmmh, maybe I should also put those shiny happy NewTek-glasses on and rejoice a bugfree Lightwave.

There are NO bugs, just different configurations.
- NewTek-marketing, 2007 ;)

Sensei
01-30-2007, 05:34 PM
Apparently we've established Sensei dosen't read anythign before posting. I'm not even sure how to address such behavior except to ignore it.

I prefer immediate solution that fixes problems in the moment, instead of 1000 posts about "fix hub" directed to NewTek that will be maybe fixed in at least 6 months.. But you want to complaining instead of helping other people..

prospector
01-31-2007, 01:56 AM
Do you really, really, think that the software is fine if it works even with just one computer?

Yep

Same code on both (lw code).

If LW code was bad it would work on none.

but.... what can be said that already hasn't?

WELL THIS !!

My neighbor have the same jeeps, same year, same model, same everything except paint.

when my or his car stop running, we check each others to see what is different and fix it, We don't go whining to Dahlmer that thier cars are crap and don't work.

Ahh, the venerable car anology :D

And with that I bid you a fond farewell as there is nothing but pulling doughnuts here now.

Sande
01-31-2007, 04:12 AM
Prospector: I feel like your avatar. ;D

Lottmedia
01-31-2007, 07:12 AM
boys......:( You're all but throwing rocks now. Can't have a discussion. The idea that the Hub is broken only if it dosen't work on every computer is just plain silly. Sensei, no one has asked for the hack, and if you would read these posts you would see that people are chiming in here because they want the software fixed, not a workaround. We all know how to disable the hub and if not there are already dozens of redundant posts explaining how to do it (many by you, I would venture) The very existance of said posts shows that there is a signifigant problem. Your obliviousness to the simple paramaters of the argument suggest something fundimatally wrong with your commuications skills. Be whatever the peoblem is, it is NT responsibility to have their software work correctly, no matter the hardware (Within reason, I accept). We're not talkingn about cobbled together machines here or anything a signifigant percentage of the population of LW users are experienceing this problem. Blaming it on hardware or software is just coverup at best. It is obviously a problem with 9's hub, as no one seems to report it with other than 9. I and many others have paid a signifigant amount of money for this software, it is perfectly reasonable to expect it to work as advertised. Part of programing on the windows platform is programming for an undetermined hardware specification, if you cannot do that, go program for macs.
That said, stop fighting, children! It's ridiculous that grown-ups have to behave this way. I'm going to go play in the big kid pool, thank you very much

Sensei
01-31-2007, 08:03 AM
Your messages are nothing else like f.e. going to Microsoft forum and complaining about issues with obsolete Windows 98.. If bug in hub is fixed already, I can give you only solutions for now, working with v9.0.. Go download latest software version instead of telling people how to program software with such ignorance in this subject as you are presenting..

Why don't you start bitching about LW v8.5 bone tool crashes? Ahh.. Because you have LW v9.0 with fixes.. Hint, hint..

Lottmedia
01-31-2007, 11:26 AM
Well, obviously I've been swayed by your very persuasive argument and excellent debating skills and will henceforth sit submissively and know my place.

BTW, I had no idea that Lightwave 9 was out of date already. I have downloaded the latest version, it is 9.0 (yes, I have 9.2, which is not the latest version, it is beta) The point of "complaining" about LW 9 is that the 9 cycle is the current cycle and we would like problems in this cycle to be addressed. As 9 is the current version, your comparison to old OSs makes no sense. Your arguments consist of nothing more than vehemence, and ill executed vehemence at that.

Cageman
01-31-2007, 04:00 PM
The point of "complaining" about LW 9 is that the 9 cycle is the current cycle and we would like problems in this cycle to be addressed. As 9 is the current version, your comparison to old OSs makes no sense.

Are you saying they should re-release 9.0 even if they would have fixed it in the next version?

SCS5
01-31-2007, 04:31 PM
I think that the argument that it's a hardware /software issue, but , not Newtek's issue is flawed in that Virtually NO ONE was having this problem in 8.5. It's a v9 issue. I have 3 different PC's, different mbo's memory, video cards, etc...I've tested it on all 3 and I have the SAME PROBLEM on all 3!! 8.5 works fine, 9 NADA!! So, it DOES need to be fixed...

By the way, when I called Newtek tech support about this, THEY told me to disable the hub as a fix...I'd say that Newtek in fact DOES think it's their problem.

Medi8or
01-31-2007, 06:09 PM
Blaming it on hardware or software is just coverup at best.Quite right! Lets blame users instead! :D

But really, you say you are in the beta program. If the problem is still there, post a bugreport in the betaforum. If the problem is gone, then wtf?! Are you expecting special 9.01 hub-fix, now that 9.2 (probably) is soon released?

Sensei
01-31-2007, 06:39 PM
I think that the argument that it's a hardware /software issue, but , not Newtek's issue is flawed in that Virtually NO ONE was having this problem in 8.5. It's a v9 issue. I have 3 different PC's, different mbo's memory, video cards, etc...I've tested it on all 3 and I have the SAME PROBLEM on all 3!! 8.5 works fine, 9 NADA!! So, it DOES need to be fixed...

I think talking about hardware and software incompatibilities with software was generalization without connection to this particular bug in LW v9.0 hub with maintaining internal settings data-base.. LW9 open betas were also good.. This bug was introduced in Release Candidate...

Hub have/had problem with above in v9.0 but there are also others problems with firewalls, they're observed in the all LW versions from time to time.. I had it once when I tried installing v8.0 or v8.3 on friend's laptop that never had LW and I didn't notice that he has Windows XP internal firewall turned on.. That's normal problem with firewall not properly configured.. Firewall blocks WinSocket packets and LW tries and tries and tries sending new data, retrieving data from network, without success..

Lottmedia
02-01-2007, 12:18 PM
But really, you say you are in the beta program. If the problem is still there, post a bugreport in the betaforum. If the problem is gone, then wtf?! Are you expecting special 9.01 hub-fix, now that 9.2 (probably) is soon released?

To answer your question (lets all watch the hammer of NDA fall now....) I have used the beta and still had the problem, but it is still in beta, so lets hope. And until 9.2 is officially released, 9.0 is the current version, I don't understand the argument that 9.0 is long dead and fossilized because it has been released. The 9 cycle is current and I don't think addressing issues with it is moot. I understand that these fixes will arrive in 9.2 (or god forbid, 9.3) Whoever got the idea that I want a 9.0b release or some other silliness is putting words into my mouth to bolster their own argument. And if you will check the other threads, including here if you are in the beta http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=62293&goto=newpost
you will see that NT is apparently unaware of the problem, although I find this highly unlikely in view of the enormous stink that has arisen in many places here about it.

I'll even take it further to say it's not necessarily the hub which is the problem, but the dongle (which I find to be an antiquated technology at best) As you can remove the dongle and modeler starts up instantly (at least on all our machines) but regrettably in discovery mode.

Sensei
02-01-2007, 07:05 PM
In that case you've completely different problem than we're talking about.. Problem with duplicated entries in hub config file was fixed, as one of dev team said to me on Skype right now for sure, and it happened even without dongle..