PDA

View Full Version : My Lightwave... My Confession.

Digital Hermit
01-19-2007, 05:53 PM
I know this is gonna sound obvious to some... but confession is good for the soul and I finally get it...

When I log on to this forum, I'm thinkin' "Movie FX and 3D animation." Of course my arrogance gets the best of me when I think others are here for the same. So, it’s know wonder I get confused when I see peeps getting excited about developments that sometimes do not really fall in line with my same interests in the software.

Then I get an epiphany. (duh)

Architects, Graphic Designers, Photographers, etc… may not be on the same sheet of music as I am. Of course to be fair, they are probably thinking to themselves, "Who cares about tools that cater to character animation and fluid dynamics that can generate rushing water and cool explosions?" - Ok everyone likes explosions I don't care who you are - heh.

Therefore, I humbly confess my greed to see more of what I want from LW and also confess my unpublished snobbery towards others who do not share my same interests.

Ah... now I feel better... :angel:

cresshead
01-19-2007, 06:02 PM
...for lw based tv shows go and watch some:-
1.battle star galactica
2.jimmy neutron
3.dan dare
4.captain scarlet
5.roughnecks starship troopers
6.babylon 5
7.star trek...various

Tank
01-19-2007, 06:12 PM
Then I get an epiphany. (duh)

Architects, Graphic Designers, Photographers, etc… may not be on the same sheet of music as I am. Of course to be fair, they are probably thinking to themselves, "Who cares about tools that cater to character animation and fluid dynamics that can generate rushing water and cool explosions?"

Hi, my name is Tank, and I'm feature conceited.

Wow, you're right, that does feel better. :D

I'm not a character animator, I don't honestly even consider myself an artist. I'm a technician for lack of a better term, and I admit to getting frustrated at the addition of features that I don't need too. I wish things were easier sometime, heck a lot of the time, but I have yet to find something I can't find a way to do.

And yes, I like seeing stuff blow'd up good too. :hey:

Plakkie
01-20-2007, 03:25 AM
You cán blow things up in Lightwave. You really can. I'm in the process of making a website that shows some work with explosions I did. (Though maybe not to everybodies taste; I find that explosions are a very personal thing)

Why is it that so many Lightwave-related TV-shows and films are happening in space or deal with flying ships???

archiea
01-20-2007, 10:33 PM
Why is it that so many Lightwave-related TV-shows and films are happening in space or deal with flying ships???

its what the folks in Hollywierd call typecasting.... LW pioneered digital FX in babylon 5, and its been happeening ever since...

Speedmonk42
01-20-2007, 10:51 PM
I am very tempted to buy Maya and BlastCode just to blow things up all day.

I wouldn't do anything else.

I also want to buy a highspeed video camera so I have a legitmate excuse to blow things up.

Character animation would be useful for the time between things blowing up.