PDA

View Full Version : Help with importing

jwalton
01-18-2007, 02:32 PM
This will probably probe some memories out there.

I work with Catia and Lightwave at work and need to find a way to get my models into Lightwave. I'm running (still, don't ask why...) v7.0 and although I've tried repeatedly to add all of the input-output plugins, only the ouput plugins seem to show up under export. Nothing shows up under import even though when I add the plug-ins, the import options show up in the huge list. Is there something special that I have to do to get the import options to show up?

Silkrooster
01-18-2007, 03:02 PM
Try resetting the menu. You should be able to find an option for changing menu items, probably under the file menu. this should have presets, set it to an earlier version then change it to the default. It may be necessary to select ok and reenter the menu settings to change it back to default.
Hope this helps
Silk

donny
01-19-2007, 09:23 AM
The only thing you should have under import would be the Import EPSF. For loading other types of objects like dxf or obj you would do the standard file load object and under the Files of type change it to "All Files".

jwalton
01-19-2007, 12:30 PM
Thanks. There's nothing under Import at all (no little arrow-triangle thingy like export has) but I'll translate the Catia Part to something else and give it a try.