View Full Version : stooch reel

Stooch
01-17-2007, 08:13 PM
Take a look, crit away.

thanks!

http://www.stooch.net/

colkai
01-18-2007, 02:21 AM
The scene with the green car going around the track doesn't really "click", the car is too well lit and near the end it really "pops" out of the scene and appears to float a little too. The washed out reflections on the windows certainly contribute to the problem.

Of course, all that said, some cracking work in there.

adrian
01-18-2007, 04:37 AM
Yeah I have to agree, great work!

I'm not sure about the white space around the earth though, and I have to agree about Colkai's comments re: the car. The animation is great, but the reflections on the windows do need some tweaking.

Loved the rest of it though :)

Stooch
01-18-2007, 04:54 AM
thanks for the feedback, ill mess with the car some more. as far as the white space around earth... thats what the client wanted so thats what they got. lol.

colkai
01-18-2007, 05:55 AM
as far as the white space around earth... thats what the client wanted so thats what they got. lol.
Yup, if they want it, it's right. :) (However much we may flinch at doing it :p)

McFilms
01-18-2007, 06:47 AM
Wow! There was TONZ of great stuff there. Your traditional (non-digital) work shows a lot of skill, imagination and ability. The digital work rocked, there was a large ammount of character designs that would lend well to any 'toon, but my favs are:

1. Turbine powered blender/mixer.
2. Jet turbine goose.
3. "Cool Cow" or "Ice, Ice, Moo Moo" (insert Vanilla Ice music here)

The goose was hilarious. It would be funny too if there were small planes threatening to fly into the goose's engines while the goose would be trying taking off. (Not to the goose and it's passengers though, but hey, it's only comedy...)

Stooch
01-18-2007, 09:36 AM
lol thanks for the kind words mcfilms :)

the cow is actually "bovis" he is a mascot for milk chillers and you can buy product with him on it at the store :) Now, you might want to ask: "wait, its a he, but only female cows have and udder". hmmm yeaaaaaah.... not bovis.... he is a special kind of cow...

McFilms
01-18-2007, 09:48 AM
lol thanks for the kind words mcfilms :)

the cow is actually "bovis" he is a mascot for milk chillers and you can buy product with him on it at the store :) Now, you might want to ask: "wait, its a he, but only female cows have and udder". hmmm yeaaaaaah.... not bovis.... he is a special kind of cow...

Special cows are great! As for the whole udder issue, many is the time I've been out at the lake, and had some kid point and say, "Ooo, look mommy, he's got Man-Boobs!". So, boy bovine w/udders, no problem.

...I don't go to the lake anymore.