PDA

View Full Version : Interfacing with Autodesk AutoCAD 2007?

Eldorado
01-17-2007, 08:42 AM
Its been awhile since my last post. However My CAD class uses AutoDesk AutoCAD 2007. I know theres an import option for 3ds max files. If I exported a .lwo file in 3ds max format would I be able to Load thoes in AutoCAD? Let me know asap thanks guys!

BeeVee
01-17-2007, 08:49 AM
The .3DS format that LightWave imports and exports is not max, but its forerunner that was simply called 3D Studio. Nothing but 3ds max can load or save .MAX files (with the possible exception of AutoCAD?)

B

Mr_Bester
01-17-2007, 08:55 AM
The .3DS format that LightWave imports and exports is not max, but its forerunner that was simply called 3D Studio. Nothing but 3ds max can load or save .MAX files (with the possible exception of AutoCAD?)

B

And Viz, but that's just Max(Architectural) and scaled down :p

Eldorado
01-18-2007, 07:54 AM
Thanks Guys

JeffNet
01-21-2007, 07:18 AM
Autodesk (strangely) removed the 3dsout command from Autocad 2007. The real need for it was for converting Autocad solids to faces before exporting with dxfout. Before 2007 you can just do a 3dsout of the solid and then a 3dsin.

You can try the latest version of Accutrans3D to do it now. The procedure in 2007 is to explode all of the solids before dxfout and then Accutrans3D will be able to convert the dxf to lwo. Make sure you export to R12 dxf!

Accutrans3D www.micromouse.ca also has the best feature for flipping faces (surface normals) so give it a try. That alone is well worth the $20 license fee.

Jeff

Signal to Noise
01-21-2007, 11:06 AM

Accutrans3D www.micromouse.ca also has the best feature for flipping faces (surface normals) so give it a try. That alone is well worth the $20 license fee.

Jeff

Wow! I think those Saskatchewan boys dropped their prices on Accutrans! A heck of a deal now, imo.