PDA

View Full Version : Taking Flight (Book cover)

Darrell
01-16-2007, 11:09 PM
book cover I made for a client few months ago...actually saw the book for the 1st time over the weekend...thought it would be cool to post.

McFilms
01-16-2007, 11:43 PM
Great work Darrell!

eagleeyed
01-22-2007, 04:35 PM
Nice Work, love the butterfly textures.

Carlovfx
01-28-2007, 08:11 PM
Cool idea, only maybe the wood texture should be more complex with a cool texture and a good bump.

t4d
01-29-2007, 05:24 AM
nice work but raise the sub D level up on those tree branches smooth them out and maybe add a displacement map to add alittle noise

but really being picky there, Great job =)

oDDity
01-29-2007, 08:05 AM
Stop it you guys, if you're only going to bull****, then don't say anything at all.
It looks like something someone would produce after their first 3d tutorial.
I honestly don't know how some of you guys actually get clients to pay you money for this stuff.
You must be a master salesman, I'll grant you that.

Carlovfx
01-29-2007, 10:15 AM
Oddity, i love your 3d products and surely they are more complex than this one but there are different markets in different countries on the earth (Italy where i live and where i produce is a perfect example of cheap budgets products with low quality). I don't like the wood as i said in my previous post and i don't think it's a great work at all, but the idea is cute and after all was sold so... where is the problem? Let's get a beer all together :)

Cesar Montero
01-29-2007, 02:36 PM
Adding a bit of motion blur can help show that the wings are moving.
Not a lot, but some may help.

nice work but raise the sub D level up on those tree branches smooth them out and maybe add a displacement map to add alittle noise
but really being picky there, Great job =)
:agree:

Andyjaggy
01-29-2007, 02:46 PM
I see Oddity is once again with us.

Darrell
02-03-2007, 08:49 AM
wow...thanks guys [ALL] of of you.

what you guys said was very helpfull & I will be more mindful of those things mentioned above in future projects.

motion blur on the wings would of push this a lot further as with bump maps on the branches & raising my sub D's