PDA

View Full Version : saving your ASCII

LearningLightW
01-15-2007, 03:27 PM
quick question on rendering...

when you want to cover your ASCII by rendering and saving each frame individually, does it matter the type of file you save for RGB and Alpha regardless of the output file (mov or avi)?

Also, if your computer happens to crash while rendering, does lightwave automatically stitch all the saved frames together in the end?

Sekhar
01-15-2007, 09:27 PM
If you save animation as an image sequence and the computer crashes, you'll have the frames rendered till the crash ... if that's what you're asking. Not sure what you mean by ASCII (I only know of ASCII, the code to represent text).

Silkrooster
01-15-2007, 10:17 PM
Lightwave can render to avi, mov and to any bitmap format for an image sequence. For mov format, find a codec that has a + at the end of the codec name to include the alpha. There are relatively few codecs for avi that include the alpha. I think Indeo codec can, as I have seen the alpha listed in the options, but have not tried it.
If you are rendering to avi or mov and lightwave crashes, or power fails, etc. You have to start all over when rendering again as the mov or avi file will be corrupted.
Your best bet is an image sequece, pick a bitmap format that has the number 32 at the end to include the alpha, as that means 32 bit while 24 is 24bit (no alpha). Should anything happen while your render a sequence, you can start again at the last known frame that was rendered. Once the sequence is done, you can then load that sequence in lightwave, an image editor, video compositer, etc. and save as an avi, mov etc.
Silk