PDA

View Full Version : Stormtrooper

adrian
01-15-2007, 12:54 PM
Following on from my efforts at modelling the Dark Lord, I've now tried my hand at modelling a stormtrooper helmet. Background images and a model I found at Scifi.net used as reference material.

This only took me about 3 days on and off to model so I think I'm beginning to get the hang of organic modelling :)

That said, I've just realised I've modeled the mouth-piece bit wrong. Oh well.

I will get round to putting it in a proper scene when I've got time. In the meantime, comments/crits welcome.

McFilms
01-15-2007, 02:53 PM
It looks great Adrian! Organic modeling is something I must try more of.

Skinner3D
01-16-2007, 08:29 AM
Looks good:thumbsup: I think it needs to be a little bit wider at the base though. What modeling technique do you use?

adrian
01-16-2007, 10:49 AM
For this model I used the point by point method, extender & smooth/super shift which I find takes less time than using splines.

pixeltek
01-17-2007, 02:29 PM
Looks very nice and clean. :thumbsup:

I did one of them too, a long time ago, and in fact, got the whole trooper as a download on my website.

I remember that it took me longer than 3 days to model the helmet:
http://www.cosmic-pearl.com/Downloads.htm

Tank
01-17-2007, 06:33 PM
Looks good:thumbsup: I think it needs to be a little bit wider at the base though. What modeling technique do you use?

I agree. Looks good, but it does look compressed side-to-side.

adrian
01-18-2007, 12:23 AM
Looks very nice and clean. :thumbsup:

I did one of them too, a long time ago, and in fact, got the whole trooper as a download on my website.

Hey nice models there Pixeltek :) And you managed to model the mouthpiece correctly, unlike me!!

I also noticed you have done a speederbike and trooper. I'm actually going to see how quickly I can model one of those tomorrow as I'm working on a scene that I'm going to put my trooper helmet in.

Nice R2 models as well BTW :)

pixeltek
01-18-2007, 01:06 AM
Well, keep us posted. Thanks for the kind words. The R2D2 model has been pretty widely used, and the Battle Droid was actually sanctioned for use by Lucas Arts in an Internet commercial for Battlefront II. :D

Anyway, you speed-modeler, I like to see what you come up with. Be aware that the speeder bike trooper helmet is completely different from the standard trooper helmet.