PDA

View Full Version : Software conflict

01-15-2007, 08:45 AM
I have been using Lightwave 9 for about 4-5 months now and I really like it so far. But Iíve run into a problem and its not completely nailed down yet. The symptoms are various out of memory errors, system freezes, and other similar partial and total failures.

These problems started after adding Lightwave 9 to my system and got much worse after adding Adobe Production Studio. Over the last 5 weeks I have taken way too much time trying to find the problem, reading trouble shooting for several programs, researching this from different angles, and finally formatting my system 8 times now. I did this loading different software in different orders over a few days waiting to see when the problems started. It seems to start after Lightwave and Adobe Production Studio are both on the system.

System
Intel 3GHz dual
3gig sdram
So its not a bad setup to start and shouldn't be blamed

I have run several tests on the memory, processor, video and sound cards and all check out fine. The box is a little over a year old.

The problems start about 2 hours after a fresh system restart or once the cache gets above 240 or so. At that point the system start giving me audible failure warnings. Closing a browser or other window stops those warnings for a little while longer. But the warnings and problems do come again. At about 2.5-3hrs (total time not more time) I HAVE to reboot the system. As you can imagine that really does kill a good work flow and it does get frustrating.

I seem to have tracked it down to something Lightwave 9 doesnít like on my system, if thatís software or hardware or combo Iím not sure but it does happen when Adobe Production Studio and Lightwave 9 are on the system. Iíve been running my system fine for going on 3 days now with everything on it EXCEPT Lightwave. I have not needed to shut the system down or reboot it. No problems when the cache gets over 500-600, no problem when several programs are open and i'm working in each.

Does anyone else know of a problem like this and what is/was the solution? At this point in life a separate system to run the two in their own worlds is not an option since I canít afford two systems. I have to get Lightwave working right away because Iíve got an assignment (school advanced 3D II) due Tuesday and it needs a little UV work before then.

01-15-2007, 08:53 AM
ok wrong forum...please move to the correct one...Support LW - PC...

UnCommonGrafx
01-15-2007, 09:02 AM
Who built it?

01-15-2007, 09:06 AM
its an HP system