PDA

View Full Version : Matte with animated ship + HVs (atmospherics + aircraft stuff)

McFilms
01-15-2007, 02:06 AM
This is a screen grab of the composited shot, utilizing the matte submitted earlier (2nd or 3rd page of the gallery).

I love the front projection techniques I read from the manual's examples (the "wee hulk" character running down the road thingy), so I tried it here over the background. Fully comp'ed in Lightwave, then I added a DFT "Halo" effect in FCPHD.

Doggone it! I bet I could have saved the last filtering step by using one of the Lightwave Image filters...???

evenflcw
01-15-2007, 10:21 AM
Looks very nice. Don't know about the exhausts though. That streaking looks weird. Are the engines shooting out stretched voxels?

EDIT:
Nevermind the question, I saw your other post.

McFilms
01-15-2007, 10:25 AM
Looks very nice. Don't know about the exhausts though. That streaking looks weird. Are the engines shooting out stretched voxels?

Thanks, and yes they might be a bit streched. I had to pump up the velocity (like 1500%), otherwise it just looked like the engines had a cozy fire going (see other post w/front view). At playback, it is very smooth with 75% motion blur. Almost like pulse jet engine exhaust.