PDA

View Full Version : Subpatch Weight Problems.

EvanWilson
01-14-2007, 08:24 PM
Okay, here's the problem. I spent the last hour and a half making a long chain (just chain links) and most of the time was rotating and moving them and placing them correctly. I got halfway done, and I realized that it was moving real slow because I had turned subpatch weight on (I knew it was on, I just didn't realize it would slow it down so much.)

I turned it off and continued placing the chains.

What I didn't realize that the copy of the chain link in the clipboard was already subpatched and everything. I finished the chain, and half of it wasn't subpatched and the other half was (you can see where this would be an issue.)

I don't need to animate this model, I plan on turning it into a jpeg image, so if there's a way to render it or view it or something, I could do that.

Is there any way to subpatch everything, not selectively? Here's the image if it helps (sorry for the low quality) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/StairwaytoEvan/WCW1.gif

Selecting the individual chain links isn't an option, there are so many intersecting poly's it's hard to figure out what I'm doing.

I'm using LW 7.0.

UnCommonGrafx
01-14-2007, 08:33 PM
Sure.
Press w.
Look at the list; select faces then press tab.

Edit:
Since I'm in teaching mode... select a poly on a link, just to humor me. ;) Now, press the ']' key. Cool, huh?

EvanWilson
01-14-2007, 08:36 PM
It worked!

Thank you very much

-Evan