PDA

View Full Version : Hotbox for lightwave!

99sproth
01-14-2007, 11:07 AM
Does anyone know if lightwave will ever be given a hotbox? Like mayas, or like xsis right click?

For anyone who has never used maya, when you press space it brings up a customizable set of menus right where your mouse is, allowing you to grab a tool quickly and without having to drag you mouse across the screen. Its a real time saver. Xsis goes one step further by giving you a dropdown with only the tools that you can apply to the current selection.

Are there any plugins that have the same functionality? If not and if NT have no plans for it, I might develop one myself for lightwave as it a feature that would make Modeler even more sexy.

If I did who would want to use it?

-Si

Lewis
01-14-2007, 12:10 PM
Hold on CTRL + Shift and try LMB, RMB and MMB in combination - works just fine on my machine, NO icons but customizable Text buttons :).

Wokrs just fine in Layout and Modeler

99sproth
01-14-2007, 12:15 PM
Hold on CTRL + Shift and try LMB, RMB and MMB in combination - works just fine on my machine, NO icons but customizable Text buttons :).

Wokrs just fine in Layout and Modeler

Oh yeah hadn't though about those menus, 3-4 years of lightwave and I didnt think about them. They are still a bit awkward tho.

Lewis
01-14-2007, 12:31 PM
I just put 8-9 most used options/plugins on that list (at top) and rest is used by shortcuts so i nver had need for different kind of menues/hot boxs. But if you can program something to look like PIE menues in modo/maya that would be different and more cool but since you can't reprogram this shortcut combination CRTL+SHIFt+LMB i don't know how easy to use it'll be at end.

Idea is good and it all depends on how classy and easy to use would be :).

pixelinfected
01-14-2007, 05:01 PM
i use exstensly that feature, and i customize a lot that tool, for layout and modeler, and my workflow is faster than light.

MooseDog
01-14-2007, 09:53 PM
i use exstensly that feature, and i customize a lot that tool, for layout and modeler, and my workflow is faster than light.

:agree:

putting stuff right where you want it, and mostly the stuff you use, is just too fast

EagleWing
01-14-2007, 10:21 PM
i prefer to use the trusty shortcut keys personally, having to drag across menus just slows down the process. unless it's a tool i don't use too often which is particularly useful.