PDA

View Full Version : FX Emitter problem

JTQ
01-12-2007, 09:33 PM
Still trying to learn Lightwave...

I've created an emitter (Dynamic object -> particle -> partigon emitter), which I have moving on a path from the back corner to front centre. When it gets to the front center, it throws out all these little particles.

Here's the problem - they're small and I can't change the color of them. I can change the emitter's properties in Utitilies -> Plugins -> Additional -> FX Property, but I find nowhere that I can change the color of each particle.

The reason I need to change it, is that I'm putting it on a chromakey green background so I can easily put it in a movie in Adobe Premiere (unless it's possible to render a scene without a background and leave an empty channel?). Either way, I still need to change the size and color of the particles. How is it done?

JTQ
01-12-2007, 10:02 PM
No matter. I've found a section in my Lightwave book about particles.

toby
01-15-2007, 01:26 AM
3D is normally rendered on a black background, since we get the alpha channel with it, and don't need to pull a key. Although I've been thinking lately that things should be rendered with the colors of the scene in the background, to avoid matte lines -
Here's an excellent explaination of 3D alphas that I recently found:
http://www.digitalartform.com/alphaChannel.htm
This also covers a feature that Lightwave is missing, the 'predivided' image.

Cryovac
01-15-2007, 05:07 PM
I'm looking for a simple (as if there is one) way to simulate steam, I've tried the particle emitter thingy but don't really understand how to colour the particles....Very Novice!

toby
01-16-2007, 12:45 AM
If you use a Particle emitter, you'll have to add Hypervoxels or Pixiedust to them before they'll be visible in the render. They're in the Effects panel, Volumetrics tab, 'add volumetric'. If you use a Partigon emitter, you'll find it's surface in the surface editor where you can change the colors.