PDA

View Full Version : 'Q' 'W' shortcut

lvsoule
01-11-2007, 06:38 PM
I found this to be very helpful so I'm sharing. if you click on a clip and push the 'q' on the keyboard it will go to the start of that clip/picture/audio etc.... if you push 'w' while it is selected it will go to the end! it works on VT-Edit as well. Also click home to go to start of project & end to go to end.

Any other quick tips would be great.

KSTAR
01-11-2007, 06:48 PM
I found this to be very helpful so I'm sharing. if you click on a clip and push the 'q' on the keyboard it will go to the start of that clip/picture/audio etc.... if you push 'w' while it is selected it will go to the end! it works on VT-Edit as well. Also click home to go to start of project & end to go to end.

Any other quick tips would be great.

For those of you new to SpeedEdit be sure hit the F1 function key to learn these and many other useful and essential keyboard shortcuts. It will greatly enhance your productivity in SpeedEdit :thumbsup:

rycar_m
01-12-2007, 04:40 PM
If SE is mappable what other nle keyboard can i use that is most compatible or have all the required keys commands?

ric marty

Danic101
01-13-2007, 12:07 PM
I think you could maybe change them by editing the toaster script files but for all intents and purposes they are locked to what they are now.

Dennis Sladek
01-19-2007, 02:10 AM
How do we change the Shortcuts keys?

I'd like to have "Q" go to the beginning of a clip, "W" go to the middle of the clip and "E" go to the end of the clip.

billmi
01-19-2007, 08:01 AM
You'd have to locate the particular ToasterScript file that sets that shortcut and edit it. I don't know if there is a ToasterScript command to go to the middle of a clip, so that would require writing a new subroutine.

For more on ToasterScript, visit:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155

John Perkins
01-19-2007, 09:22 AM
It's beyond the scope of this forum, but just for completeness...

If you add a script to the user scripts folder for that section of SE, you can override the built in shortcuts by giving yours a higher priority than the original.

Then if you make a horrible mistake and want to revert back, you simply remove your script.