PDA

View Full Version : CG Flickers On and Off

jimhouston
01-11-2007, 07:42 AM
My CG DSK over video is flickering.

It started with VT 3.0 and I just upgraded to VT 4.6 and it still flickers on and off.

If I choose the modify arrow instead of leaving the T selected after I change the CG info, the flicker slows down and sometimes stops.

Is this just a problem more RAM will fix.

My hard drive is partitioned with
C - computer programs - Windows xp, photoshop, media encoder
E - VT program
G - CG projects and jpeg pictures

Anything imported into the CG is from G drive.

Any suggestions?

Jim Capillo
01-11-2007, 07:48 AM
Have you changed your display card or updated the drivers?

jimhouston
01-11-2007, 09:04 AM
I have the same display card that was installed by the vendor when I purchase VT3 as a whole system.

CG over video started flickering with VT 3.

I just did a full install of VT 4.6 on the E Drive, CG projects on still on G Drive.

I did not try to upgrade any of the drivers.

Thanks
Jim

BillDunphy
03-03-2008, 03:44 PM
Hello,

We are having similar issues with CG flickering on video out. Have updated our video card drivers and increased RAM. Any fixes for this?

Thanks,

Bill

CreatvGnius
03-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Hello,

We are having similar issues with CG flickering on video out. Have updated our video card drivers and increased RAM. Any fixes for this?

Thanks,

Bill

At the risk of sounding like a broken record -- is your host PC's motherboard Front-Side Buss speed a mere 533MHz?

VT[5] likes 800MHz or better. :hey:
-PeterG

BillDunphy
03-05-2008, 04:00 PM
We are running VT4.

BillDunphy
03-05-2008, 06:29 PM
We are running witha 533Mhz FSB on VT4.

CreatvGnius
03-07-2008, 11:10 AM
We are running witha 533Mhz FSB on VT4.

You could look into increasing the PCI Latency Timer to "128", if your motherboard's BIOS makes provision for you, upon starting up your PC, and tapping whatever key (F2? F8? what-have-you) to get into said BIOS settings. (I believe my Intel motherboard's BIOS enabled me to access this under the MEMORY CONFIGURATION menu, but I can't say for sure, until I go back into said BIOS.

If you find such a gadget for changing the PCI Latency Timer setting -- and it's rather low (say, at "32" or so) try bumping it up to "128" and see if there's a performance improvement. Others will be able to tell you precisely what that setting actually does -- but do know this: said trick has helped more than a few quirky VT systems, in several areas. ;)
-PeterG