PDA

View Full Version : Les Paul (for chrisisbacky2k)

Tinkertanker
06-18-2003, 06:01 AM
This is an old Les Paul I did about a year ago. chrisisbacky2k asked that I post it. It's the same mesh I used in the avatar.

http://mysite.freeserve.com/lightwave/Gallery/Les_Paul/LP002.jpg

http://mysite.freeserve.com/lightwave/Gallery/Les_Paul/LP001.jpg

http://mysite.freeserve.com/lightwave/Gallery/Les_Paul/LP003.jpg

Cheers

colkai
06-18-2003, 07:03 AM
One word..
Niicee..... :cool:

riki
06-18-2003, 07:20 AM
That's been really nicely done. Brings back memories. I sold my Gibson, I had a black one, which I bought new, but couldn't play to save my life :)

colkai
06-18-2003, 12:08 PM
Use to have a lovely Antoria Les Paul, sunburst.
When the group I was in got low on cash, I sold it to buy a set of fallback monitors. Biggest mistake I ever made, group folded 12 months later. God I miss that guitar :(

Still, got a couple of beauts now, but memory still lingers on.

Fozzybear
06-18-2003, 12:43 PM
Looks great although it's hard to tell if the top is arched or not. From the images showen the top looks flat.

Tinkertanker
06-19-2003, 02:35 AM
Yep, the top is arched, but it is very subtle on the real guitars anyway. Although I do admit looking at the images now it does look a little flat, but I distinctly remember when modeling this that I made the top arched.

bobakabob
06-20-2003, 03:59 PM
Hmmm, I was thinking precisely that - a beautiful model, almost perfect, except the body isn't arched enough. Easily sorted, though. Fantastic level of detail and lovingly crafted...

Colkai, never sell your guitars, no matter how poor you are ;-)

Nigel: Exactly. Now this is special, too, it's a...look...see...still got the uh...the ol' tagger on it...see...never even played it ...see...
Marty: You just bought it and....
Nigel: Don't touch it! Don't touch it! No one...no one...no! Don't touch it.
Marty: Well uh I wasn't...uh I wasn't gonna touch it...I was just pointing at it...I....
Nigel: Well don't point, even.
Marty: Don't even point?
Nigel: No. It can't be played...never...I mean I....
Marty: Can I look at it?
Nigel: No. No you've seen enough of that one.

mindful_being
06-21-2003, 03:06 AM
Very nice!

colkai
06-21-2003, 03:45 AM
bobakabob,
Nope, not anymore.
My Destroyer and other guitar are hand-built, they are really, really nice. Plus my Tanglewood Acoustic, yummy!

I did part with a Honer bass guitar, but the Destroyer mas a GA2/GI10 interfae, so I play bass via Midi.

Oh, to keep this on topic, I'm actually rendering a semi-copy of my Tanglewood in the background.
Will post it up once it's completed. Look for it either later today or tomorrow.

-Colkai

Tinkertanker
06-21-2003, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the comments. On the last shot it's easy to tell the top isn't arched enough by looking at the pickups. I might get around to altering that one day!

chrisisbacky2k
06-24-2003, 10:41 AM
hi thanks for posting it up!

looks very nice the shape and proportions looks perfect, as does the texture.

i have a silver les paul studio and an epiphone the same colour as that that i havn't had the guts 2 sell yet :p

thanks once again for posting it!!!!!!