PDA

View Full Version : No LW 8.5 on IntelMac :(

MCHammond
01-09-2007, 09:18 AM
just got two new intelmacs quad 3ghz at work and am having the same issue on both :(

Basicly my problem is that i cant see the handles to move/rotate/scale anything as they dont show up :( i can just see them if the pivot piont of the object is off screen and the arrows protude back on? very odd!

the other thing that is happening is that if i have an object in moddler and another on a diffrent layer the one on the layer im working on turnes to pionts? and i cant do anything that useses mesh selections?

any help would be great :)

"handles are turned on in settings and im not in pionts model LOL"

John the Geek
01-10-2007, 12:31 PM
just got two new intelmacs quad 3ghz at work and am having the same issue on both :(

Basicly my problem is that i cant see the handles to move/rotate/scale anything as they dont show up :( i can just see them if the pivot piont of the object is off screen and the arrows protude back on? very odd!

the other thing that is happening is that if i have an object in moddler and another on a diffrent layer the one on the layer im working on turnes to pionts? and i cant do anything that useses mesh selections?

any help would be great :)

"handles are turned on in settings and im not in pionts model LOL"

I'd say, even if 8.5 were working perfectly, it would still crawl to a near-useless render speed due to it being emulated. To be completely honest... you should consider a move to 9.2 once it's released in March to take full advantage of the software improvements and full speed of those sweet new Intel machines. I have the quad 2.66GHz and 9.0 is a render-snail on Mac OS X, but a lightning bolt in Windows XP on the same machine. It's a bit of a preview of what I expect the Intel version of LW9.2 to run like once it's in OpenBeta.

(Did you really misspell points 3 times? ;))

=)

toby
01-10-2007, 04:19 PM
Some display problems in Modeler have been fixed by turning on "simple wireframe points" and "simple wireframe edges" in the display options, give that a try.

TomT
01-17-2007, 08:44 AM
(Did you really misspell points 3 times? ;))

I'm glad someone else noticed . . . agree with John's comments--you'll need to be on a UB version when it's released. Hopefully the new graphics framework the NT guys have been pulling together, plus Chilton's modernizing magic of the code that links LW's core functions to more modern apple display functions will make these display problems vanish. (Finger's crossed.)