PDA

View Full Version : Adding PC node to Mac render farm w RFC

gfrederickk
01-08-2007, 03:46 PM
Hello. I have a render farm running smoothly with ScreamerNet/RenderFarm Commander. Now I want to add a PC worker node and am having some difficulty getting it to initialize on the farm.

Anyone have any advice re command line/directory setup that would make this work?

Thanks for any help.

___mats___
01-08-2007, 04:12 PM
hi -

I run both mac/pc nodes with no problem, you need to create a copy of the /programs/ subfolder on the PC somewhere else , in this case "test1", you can run 1 /programs/ folder per core, you need to share the LW content folder on the mac, and mount it on the PC's as "H:"

then you write a batch file, which you can run in order to activate the render node :

C:\test1\Programs\lwsn.exe -2 -cC:test1\ -dH:\ H:job16 H:\ack16

All this information is in the RFC PDF guide provided by Bruce Rayne also, each render node's batch will differ, in the job# and ack# (in the above example it was node #16)

Hope that helps, PS : you also need to tell RFC that the PC node is a PC node, (in the preferences > power user prefs > show remapping)

Good luck ~

gfrederickk
01-08-2007, 04:37 PM
I think "H" is my sticking point. I'll give it a whirl and get post another reply. Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

___mats___
01-08-2007, 09:54 PM
no worries, glad it helped !

I check the forum from time to time, if you have any question post away

GL -

Johnsongraphix
01-11-2007, 07:37 PM
I've been banging my head for way to long against this set up. And still trying...

I noticed you have your config files inside of your "test1" folder and then you \programs\ folder inside there as well.

I have been trying to direct everything to the locations they are in after install. Has this been my problem the whole time?

My config files have been in my Documents and Settings/admin folder. Are you running XP.

1 more thing... What command tells LWSN where to save the final images..is it the job file configured with the remapping commands?

Again glad to know it's a least possible... :)

Johnsongraphix
01-14-2007, 06:20 PM
Is it the network setup? Permissions? Directory setup? Program Versions???

I've waisted so much of my life configuring every possible variant except for the on that works in this matter. I would be crazy happy if someone with experience and success in this topic would send me some personal experiences and knowledge....

:)