PDA

View Full Version : cristals

LAV
01-07-2007, 09:33 AM
One more time one more cgsphere. This is a subpatched sphere, displaced with an Apophysis render. Other polys (cristals) are modelled.
Apo pic is used also in the color channel (it is an image I love so much that I use it as soon as possible!). I post the final sphere and the apo render, so you can figure how.
Ohhh, I forgot: you can see (and rate) it here (http://www.cgsphere.com/gallery/details/?category=&view=rating&artist=&main_app=&limit=6&fimit=0&submission_id=1986)
;)

Mrjack
01-07-2007, 09:44 AM
good work lav i love'd the displacement and the textures:thumbsup: how much time it tooke for render

LAV
01-07-2007, 10:26 AM
Thanks! Rendering time... rendering time... I used LW9 BUT I didn't use the new texture instruments to make the most time consuming material (glass like cristals), cause I am not so expert in it yet. So I did transparent cristals with old fashioned glass+air polys. With my obsolete AMD 1,3Ghz it took 9h. When render reached the non trasparent polys Lw runned in a very fast way,
Today I tested dielectric material node (with no air polys) in LW9 and it took only a fractional time to render (a lot of MINUTES). Anyway I am not able to understand how dielectric works with transparence and bump... not yet... and so I prefer waiting for hours :mad: