PDA

View Full Version : An easy step to select all bones in Layout?

MysteryMonkey
01-07-2007, 08:39 AM
Maybe I'm missing it, but is there an easy step to selecting all the bones of an object in Layout? I've searched the forum and program help files but I can't seem to find the answer. It seems to me I did it once, but when that kind of thing happens at 3 AM one tends to forget how one did it, or maybe I just imagined I did it :). Anyway, it would be nice if all the bones could be selected so I could make them inactive, and then I could Record Pivot Rotation to all of them at once, and then make all of bones active again. I'm sure its a simple thing I'm missing.

Thanks,

Kim

Dodgy
01-07-2007, 08:45 AM
Items>Select>Select all bones of current object (that's using the studio menu of course)

MysteryMonkey
01-07-2007, 09:07 AM
Items>Select>Select all bones of current object (that's using the studio menu of course)

Thanks for the quick response Dodgy. It took me a few minutes but I figured out that when you said "Studio Menu" you were referring to the "View" tab at the top. I knew I had done that before. Seems like a good thing to also place under the "Setup" tab doesn't it. Well Thanks Again!

Kim

SplineGod
01-09-2007, 07:51 AM
You can also just multiselect them using the middle mouse button. I also have a hot key setup thats linked the LW Select Group command. I select a bone, hit the hotkey and it selects all its children downstream. Also you can create selection sets of all your bones or bones in different combinations.