PDA

View Full Version : Chapel

Iain
01-05-2007, 09:07 AM
I decided to recreate St Mary's in Lulworth after seeing a photo of it in an architectural magazine.
I just liked the simplicity of the scene.

IZZE
01-05-2007, 11:18 AM
Man I love the way you light a scene.

oDDity
01-05-2007, 11:38 AM
The main wall and windows look good, but there is some weird burnout on the floorboards, and the pillars do not appear to be lit correctly, they don't look like the belong in the scene.

McFilms
01-05-2007, 01:16 PM
Wow! You can almost hear the organ playing, it's that realistic! How did you choose to light this?

connerh
01-05-2007, 02:17 PM
I really like the lighting and the feel of the image, but, as Oddity said, both the pillars and the floor detract from the image. The pillars look way under textured when compared with the rest of the scene, and the floor looks like you put a color burn layer on top that got blown out of proportion in the shadows.

3dworks
01-05-2007, 02:56 PM
interesting atmosphere, looks like an 'abandoned' church yet still in use (no dust on the seats)...

now for the crits: as already pointed out, the columns on the right seem to have some smoothing issues and for my taste, the wood floor texture has some bump/ normal mapping information missing, it is looking too flat (like a pasted photo) when compared to the plasticity of the wall surfaces. also,the posted image has some slight 'unsharpen mask' or similiar effect, but maybe it's because of the jpeg compression?

but, all in all really an inspiring image, my compliments!

markus

Iain
01-06-2007, 01:39 AM
Thanks for the feedback.
I experimented quite a bit more than I normally do in post with this and some of it worked and some didn't.

Cheers.

jthompson3d
01-08-2007, 02:41 PM
Great work, I agree with the others on pilalrs and floor but also the window frames.....looks like you put almost brand new window frames, or maybe it;s just me.