PDA

View Full Version : Edit LightWave Animations faster with SpeedEDIT™

Paul Lara
01-03-2007, 04:12 PM
For a limited time, NewTek is offering an incredible savings on SpeedEDIT™,
World’s Fastest Video Editor.

Registered owners of stand-alone LightWave 3D® can buy SpeedEDIT for ONLY $295,
a savings of $200 for a limited time at www.newtek.com/LWSpeed/

NewTek is providing the ultimate editor for animations and animatics.
Work faster and cut production costs with some hot features:
• TGA sequence playback
• Linked storyboard / timeline interfaces
• Resolution independence.
These are just a few SpeedEDIT features that are impressing animators.

“Resolution independence in SpeedEDIT lets us work SO fast.”
-Don McCoy, Area 51

“SpeedEDIT is faster than any other editor I’ve seen.”
Timothy Albee (http://www.spinquad.com/article/story/2), Battlestar Galactica, Northern Lights Animation

Whether you are creating for the web, for broadcast, or for Hi Def, SpeedEDIT can expand your available in-house services while helping you meet your customer’s needs.

This offer expires March 31, 2007, so add another cool NewTek tool to your kit at a price that is less than some LightWave plugins. Go online today to www.newtek.com/LWSpeed/ (http://www.newtek.com/LWSpeed/)and discover how SpeedEDIT can save you time and money. SpeedEDIT is shipping soon, so order TODAY (http://shop.newtek.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=34)!

Chrusion
01-03-2007, 04:54 PM
YES!! :dance:

Thank you Paul. Thank you NewTek!

cresshead
01-03-2007, 05:16 PM
NO!...not available for uk customers i'd guess...newtek europe?..BEN!...get it sotred!

:agree: :newtek:

pnelson
01-03-2007, 05:35 PM
Cresshead,

Great news.. It's available to everyone. It may take an extra day or two to get the International stuff sorted out but it's coming! ;)

cresshead
01-03-2007, 05:43 PM
falls off chair!....bump!:D

now ya got my attention!:thumbsup:

hrgiger
01-03-2007, 07:43 PM
Oh boy, I hope I get some money back from income taxes this year...

Exception
01-04-2007, 06:30 AM
Every haird on my head is having a party. Ordered it immediately.

Thank you guys!

Lew
01-04-2007, 07:00 AM
Great Stuff - I've given up on VT5 - It was all just a dream -

pnelson
01-04-2007, 07:12 AM
Lew,

Don't give up on VT[5]. Our delay in the release of SpeedEDIT had a ripple effect on the VT[5] release. Now that SpeedEDIT is good to go, we are getting VT[5] ready.

BazC
01-04-2007, 07:22 AM
falls off chair!....bump!:D

now ya got my attention!:thumbsup:

Release a Macintosh version and you'll have mine too! :D

hrgiger
01-04-2007, 01:50 PM
Watch and see what happens. I'm going to get the money together by April 1st and this will be the first time that Newtek doesn't actually extend one of their "limited time offers" and I'll miss it.

pnelson
01-04-2007, 02:09 PM
The Video Marketing team has actually be VERY consistant with our special dates. So far, we haven't extended any specials since I took over 4 years ago. :)

Safe Harbor
01-04-2007, 03:11 PM
We are offering all of the various companion and competitive upgrades for SE, including for LW owners. You can see the complete list here: http://www.sharbor.com/scripts/search.cgi?ke=speededit

Please note: If the LW special isn't showing yet, it was just added and our site takes about an hour to update so keep checking back.

hrgiger
01-04-2007, 04:08 PM
Maybe this is a silly question but SpeedEdit can import regular still images and assemble them into video, right? I didn't notice mention of that on the features page.

UnCommonGrafx
01-04-2007, 04:29 PM
Sure it can.

WilliamVaughan
01-04-2007, 11:25 PM
Maybe this is a silly question but SpeedEdit can import regular still images and assemble them into video, right? I didn't notice mention of that on the features page.

Yup...and you can bring in larger still images and pan them. I've been using SPeededit to do some simple gallery sequences with lots of still photos.

DesignWave57
01-05-2007, 12:19 AM
Will SpeedEdit be able to work with HDR images?

inquisitive
01-05-2007, 01:50 AM
Sure it can.

does it only work with tga's? that is all i have used in VT4, was thinking of trying some other format, perhaps someone already knows.

starbase1
01-05-2007, 02:52 AM
Yup...and you can bring in larger still images and pan them. I've been using SPeededit to do some simple gallery sequences with lots of still photos.

What is the quality like for very slow pans? The reason I ask is that I tried one other relatively inexpensive solution for this, and it produced extremly noticable creeping cells (I think the normal techie term for this is 'quilting'?)

I found out that Canopus Imaginate does a much better job, but it has a huge price for a one trick pony, so I didn't get it.

More detailled definition of slow pans - about 20 seconds for a piont to cross the screen, and rendering out to PAL DVD format.

Without wishing to knock the Newtek sales guys, I'd particularly value user opinions! :D :D :D

beverins
01-05-2007, 08:39 PM
I for one am very happy that SpeedEdit is finally out.

However... I just want to comment on the email I got about the Newtek 2007 Tour. I think you should quickly rename it to the Newtek 2007 VIDEO Tour. It doesn't represent Lightwave 3D at all, save as for an engine to run 3D Arsenal on.

Could we please view Lightwave as something that should be advertised? You failed miserably at Siggraph 2006, I was hoping that you could make this tour into a TRUE NEWTEK TOUR. I.e. - ALL your products, showing what they can do. What you have are the Tricaster, SpeedEdit and 3D Arsenal. I saw this show LAST YEAR at B&H. I mean comon, guys. I really doubt Tricaster or 3D Arsenal have changed much.... OK, so the big news is that SpeedEdit is now released. So then call it the SpeedEdit Tour. Or the Newtek Video Tour. Or something else that's clever. But it ain't the "Newtek Tour" because you're not showing Lightwave as a tool. You will not be showing the character animation, the motion blur, the real camera lenses, the 9.2 features and fixes... none of that.

Eh, its late. I'm ranting. Carry on. I just regret that I won't be there this time, for as much as I like from what I've seen from SpeedEdit, I want to see Lightwave goodies more. I mean, maybe demo the VT 5, that might be something at least.